CSNbbs
Football schedule next season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Football schedule next season (/thread-673269.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Football schedule next season - SuperFlyBCat - 01-21-2014 10:59 AM

At home
Toledo
Miami Ohio
ECU, http://csnbbs.com/thread-672942.html
Houston
Tulsa has an open date early is the season.
USF
Memphis

Road
OSU
Miami Florida
Tulane? Munchie Legaux ‏@MunchieLegaux Jan 19

Playing against Tulane in their new stadium next year.
UCF
SMU
UConn

Does this look about right?

RE: Football schedule next season - bearcatlawjd - 01-21-2014 11:03 AM

No UCF again?

Five conference home games isn't happening.

RE: Football schedule next season - SuperFlyBCat - 01-21-2014 11:06 AM

(01-21-2014 11:03 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  No UCF again?

Five conference home games isn't happening.

Take off one of the home conference games, and we are looking for
an OOC game? Probably @UCF

RE: Football schedule next season - rath v2.0 - 01-21-2014 11:08 AM

We will get UCF on the road. They will take UL's spot

ECU at home, they will take Rutgers' spot.

Then the rest will stay the same IMO...Memphis, USF, Houston, Toledo and MooU at home. Yuck.

RE: Football schedule next season - indycat - 01-21-2014 11:23 AM

If UCF is a 2014 road game that bodes well for building an attractive 2015 home schedule for re-opening Nippert. PBS attendance may be a challenge with that slate but I'd rather see at least three sellouts upon returning to the "new" Nippert (UCF, Miami FL, possible P5 opening opponent?) to continue building the fanbase.

RE: Football schedule next season - cinbinsportsfan - 01-21-2014 11:38 AM

(01-21-2014 11:23 AM)indycat Wrote:  If UCF is a 2014 road game that bodes well for building an attractive 2015 home schedule for re-opening Nippert. PBS attendance may be a challenge with that slate but I'd rather see at least three sellouts upon returning to the "new" Nippert (UCF, Miami FL, possible P5 opening opponent?) to continue building the fanbase.

Agreed. If that's the case, 2015 looks to be a pretty good slate of teams. IMO, 2014 is sort of a "throw away" year for home games since UC is playing at PBS all season. I could really care less about the schedule one way or the other that year.

RE: Football schedule next season - JPBearcat3 - 01-21-2014 11:59 AM

(01-21-2014 11:38 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(01-21-2014 11:23 AM)indycat Wrote:  If UCF is a 2014 road game that bodes well for building an attractive 2015 home schedule for re-opening Nippert. PBS attendance may be a challenge with that slate but I'd rather see at least three sellouts upon returning to the "new" Nippert (UCF, Miami FL, possible P5 opening opponent?) to continue building the fanbase.

Agreed. If that's the case, 2015 looks to be a pretty good slate of teams. IMO, 2014 is sort of a "throw away" year for home games since UC is playing at PBS all season. I could really care less about the schedule one way or the other that year.

This

RE: Football schedule next season - Bearcat61 - 01-21-2014 12:01 PM

(01-21-2014 11:08 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  We will get UCF on the road. They will take UL's spot

ECU at home, they will take Rutgers' spot.

Then the rest will stay the same IMO...Memphis, USF, Houston, Toledo and MooU at home. Yuck.

It is what it is. Before we complain, lets first see if we can win the conference. Importantly, we need to perform well against OSU and win at Miami, FL. Can't complain about the competition until you beat the competition.07-coffee3

RE: Football schedule next season - Ragpicker - 01-21-2014 04:40 PM

Sorry guys, but it doesn't look like UCF anywhere. We will have to open the season up at Tulsa, or be forced to take a bye that first week. I believe Tulsa is the only team we are playing in 2014 with an open date that week. The AAC will like to kick-off their new membership giving them a home game.

8/30 - @ Tulsa
9/6 - Bye or host Houston
9/13 - Toledo
9/20 - Miami of Ohio
9/27 - @ Ohio State
10/4 - Bye
10/11 - @ Miami

RE: Football schedule next season - BearcatMan - 01-21-2014 04:44 PM

(01-21-2014 04:40 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Sorry guys, but it doesn't look like UCF anywhere. We will have to open the season up at Tulsa, or be forced to take a bye that week. I believe Tulsa is the only team with an open date that week. The AAC will like to kick-off their new membership giving them a home game.

I'm alright with taking a warm-up game at a high school stadium.

RE: Football schedule next season - DMT - 01-21-2014 05:46 PM

Good God, I hope there's some conference moves this spring/summer. Playing Miami, ECU and Memphis at Paul Brown? FFff 03-hissyfit 03-weeping 03-banghead

RE: Football schedule next season - rath v2.0 - 01-21-2014 05:50 PM

Jesus... If we are getting Tulsa I wonder if it means we're going to be in that cruddy West Division in 2015?

RE: Football schedule next season - bearcatlawjd - 01-21-2014 06:46 PM

A whole lot of complaining going on regarding at schedule that hasn't been released yet. Non-conference schedule is actually the most interesting it has been in years. Say what you want about Miami but its still a rivalry game that has had solid attendance numbers when the game isn't in Oxford. Cats owe Toledo, good MAC team that isn't an easy win. A road trip to Ohio State is possible and no doubt the Miami (Fl) game will be on national TV. Even without a marque home games the two MAC schools are better than playing random FCS U.

Lets assume the information provided surrounding Tulane and ECU is correct regarding the conference schedule. You know what UC is in the American so they are going to play the schools in the American. Best bet for respect is to win the league or pick off a view high profile non-conference opponents, even better if they do both.

I miss playing Louisville, WVU, and Pitt. Syracuse and Rutgers moved the needle about as much as UConn and USF did during our time in the Big East. Right now lets just look forward to playing and beating Ohio State, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Purdue, Boise State, and Nebraska over the next decade. Hopefully we can add Texas and Oklahoma or Florida State and Notre Dame to that list too, if you know what I am talking about.

RE: Football schedule next season - Ragpicker - 01-21-2014 06:52 PM

(01-21-2014 06:46 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Right now lets just look forward to playing and beating Ohio State, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Purdue, Boise State, and Nebraska over the next decade. Hopefully we can add Texas and Oklahoma or Florida State and Notre Dame to that list too, if you know what I am talking about.

We better be playing Texas and Oklahoma, or FSU and ND, when we get to the Big House, the Smurf Turf, or Lincoln, because if we've been stuck in little league football, it will be like the 80's all over again coached up by my Avatar.

RE: Football schedule next season - rath v2.0 - 01-21-2014 08:57 PM

(01-21-2014 06:46 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  A whole lot of complaining going on regarding at schedule that hasn't been released yet. Non-conference schedule is actually the most interesting it has been in years. Say what you want about Miami but its still a rivalry game that has had solid attendance numbers when the game isn't in Oxford. Cats owe Toledo, good MAC team that isn't an easy win. A road trip to Ohio State is possible and no doubt the Miami (Fl) game will be on national TV. Even without a marque home games the two MAC schools are better than playing random FCS U.

Lets assume the information provided surrounding Tulane and ECU is correct regarding the conference schedule. You know what UC is in the American so they are going to play the schools in the American. Best bet for respect is to win the league or pick off a view high profile non-conference opponents, even better if they do both.

I miss playing Louisville, WVU, and Pitt. Syracuse and Rutgers moved the needle about as much as UConn and USF did during our time in the Big East. Right now lets just look forward to playing and beating Ohio State, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Purdue, Boise State, and Nebraska over the next decade. Hopefully we can add Texas and Oklahoma or Florida State and Notre Dame to that list too, if you know what I am talking about.

Meh. IMO that home slate is not very special. Again.

RE: Football schedule next season - The T-Shirt - 01-22-2014 12:16 AM

Hmmm, that's weird, I keep looking at the slate of home games we (could be/have been) given and I keep seeing only one team on the list; the Cincinnati Bearcats. I must be looking at it differently than you guys.

Shouldn't be so d*mn worried about who you're rooting against as who you are rooting for.

RE: Football schedule next season - Bearcats#1 - 01-22-2014 06:08 AM

I'm hoping that if we don't get the P5 invite then at least the AAC/MWC merger happens....

home slate of: UCF, ECU, Boise, Air Force, UCONN, is a lot better than what we are looking at next year

RE: Football schedule next season - marcuscan - 01-22-2014 06:57 AM

(01-22-2014 12:16 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Hmmm, that's weird, I keep looking at the slate of home games we (could be/have been) given and I keep seeing only one team on the list; the Cincinnati Bearcats. I must be looking at it differently than you guys.

Shouldn't be so d*mn worried about who you're rooting against as who you are rooting for.

This!

mc

RE: Football schedule next season - Racinejake - 01-22-2014 07:00 AM

We all knew this was coming. This is the new reality of life in the AAC going forward.

RE: Football schedule next season - #41 - 01-22-2014 08:31 AM

(01-21-2014 08:57 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-21-2014 06:46 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  A whole lot of complaining going on regarding at schedule that hasn't been released yet. Non-conference schedule is actually the most interesting it has been in years. Say what you want about Miami but its still a rivalry game that has had solid attendance numbers when the game isn't in Oxford. Cats owe Toledo, good MAC team that isn't an easy win. A road trip to Ohio State is possible and no doubt the Miami (Fl) game will be on national TV. Even without a marque home games the two MAC schools are better than playing random FCS U.

Meh. IMO that home slate is not very special. Again.

Bearcatlawjd is physically incapable of a negative opinion about anything regarding the AAC.

They could add Eastern Michigan tomorrow and he'd be excited about getting to visit Ypsilanti next year.