CSNbbs
Good recruiting article - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Good recruiting article (/thread-672469.html)

Good recruiting article - broncojohnny - 01-16-2014 10:41 AM

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2014/01/wmu_football.html#incart_river

RE: Good recruiting article - David_Drew - 01-16-2014 12:17 PM

(01-16-2014 10:41 AM)broncojohnny Wrote:  http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2014/01/wmu_football.html#incart_river

Thanks. More coming, starting tomorrow with a story on RB commit Leo Ekwoge.

RE: Good recruiting article - flushtheherd - 01-16-2014 12:25 PM

I was just going to post this link... Broncojohnny beat me to it!

This really is starting to feel like a really good class and the way the coaches are pulling them in for weekends like this to start the process of creating chemistry it can only bode well for the future of Bronco Football. Starting to create that family atmosphere even before signing day... thats huge to some of these kids. To have that feeling of leaving home and one family for another home and another family. I really do like how Fleck has operated this years recruiting. Regardless of who signs and who doesn't.

RE: Good recruiting article - ColinApocalypse - 01-16-2014 12:50 PM

Say what you will about Coach Fleck...the man knows recruiting.

RE: Good recruiting article - okgc - 01-16-2014 12:51 PM

Seems like it would have been nice to have them here when there was a home hockey game.

RE: Good recruiting article - ColinApocalypse - 01-16-2014 12:55 PM

(01-16-2014 12:51 PM)okgc Wrote:  Seems like it would have been nice to have them here when there was a home hockey game.

He has done this. Fleck brought multiple recruits to several different hockey games. I personally saw him there with them.

I think at this point it's more about intra-team bonding activities to establish that "family" atmosphere.

RE: Good recruiting article - stdatwmu - 01-16-2014 01:05 PM

Definitely like hearing the recruits have been in contact with each other on their own. A little group cohesion certainly should help 'em stick around.

It's not over 'till it's over, but I like where this class is heading so far...

RE: Good recruiting article - BandBronco13 - 01-16-2014 02:01 PM

Many of the recruits have been on campus together several times in the last 6-8 months. What makes this weekend different is that these are their "official" visits.

RE: Good recruiting article - floridabronco - 01-16-2014 02:53 PM

I think it's going to be VERY difficult to hang on to Chukwuma Okorafor. Big time schools have been visiting regularly this week.

RE: Good recruiting article - ColinApocalypse - 01-16-2014 03:13 PM

(01-16-2014 02:53 PM)floridabronco Wrote:  I think it's going to be VERY difficult to hang on to Chukwuma Okorafor. Big time schools have been visiting regularly this week.

He has had big time BCS offers for months now, but it is widely believed that he wants to stay closer to home. He hasn't wavered since his commitment back in April and with only a few weeks to signing day, I would be surprised if he changed his mind now. Especially since he will be on campus this weekend with all the other recruits.

RE: Good recruiting article - Broncobelt - 01-16-2014 03:35 PM

I take it as a promising sign that the kids are still coming to campus only weeks before NLI day. Hockey is on the road this weekend but the Bball team will be home Sunday. I get that it is not the same atmosphere, but UA can rock at times.