CSNbbs
Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett (/thread-671558.html)

Pages: 1 2

Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - WesternBlazer - 01-10-2014 04:34 PM

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/24418510/blog-uab-football-has-potential-blazers-should-hire-josh-niblett#.UtBiQB_Og5Q.twitter

Don't know that I agree with this because it would mean UAB is, essentially, starting over, but, I guess there are worse choices...

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - demiveeman - 01-10-2014 04:39 PM

If I see one more mention of Gus Malzahn or Hugh Freeze as a reason we should high a high school coach....

Malzhan and Freeze didn't jump straight from high school to college. It's like using any coach that's ever coached at high school as an example of how high school coaches can succeed.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - BeliefBlazer - 01-10-2014 04:40 PM

Todd Dodge is one example of a HS coach hired to run an FBS program. How did that work out for UNT? He went 6-37.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Dracorex - 01-10-2014 05:00 PM

Malzahn was a coordinator first before he moved to head coach.

the college game is so different from the high school game.

It is so much faster. The players so much bigger.

It is just insulting to think a high school coach could come in and run a college program. The people who write it apparently think CUSA is bush league.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Memphis Blazer - 01-10-2014 05:09 PM

(01-10-2014 04:39 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  If I see one more mention of Gus Malzahn or Hugh Freeze as a reason we should high a high school coach....

Malzhan and Freeze didn't jump straight from high school to college. It's like using any coach that's ever coached at high school as an example of how high school coaches can succeed.

And saying Hugh Freeze coached in high school is slightly misleading. I have visited Briarcrest Christian school in Memphis. It is very nice and like a small liberal arts college for rich kids.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - WesternBlazer - 01-10-2014 05:12 PM

My 1st preference is Mario Cristobal, but good luck getting that past the BOT!!! I thnk he'd prefer to go back to Florida, anyway...

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-10-2014 05:34 PM

(01-10-2014 04:39 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  If I see one more mention of Gus Malzahn or Hugh Freeze as a reason we should high a high school coach....

Epic Applause

Thank you!

I am sick of hearing it too!

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Blazer85 - 01-10-2014 05:40 PM

(01-10-2014 05:12 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  My 1st preference is Mario Cristobal, but good luck getting that past the BOT!!! I thnk he'd prefer to go back to Florida, anyway...

That's actually a good option as well. Terry Bowden and Mario Cristobal would be 2 of the folks that should be contacted IMO.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - B'ham Blazer - 01-10-2014 05:46 PM

(01-10-2014 05:12 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  My 1st preference is Mario Cristobal, but good luck getting that past the BOT!!! I thnk he'd prefer to go back to Florida, anyway...

A lot of bammers are fed up with Cristobal.......they are blaming him for the regression from last year's OL. Of course, losing 2 Top-10 draft picks might have something to do with it (lol). Cristobal did a nice job as a HC.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - the_blazerman - 01-10-2014 08:08 PM

Listening to NBC 13 for sports advice is like listening to the BOT for moral advice.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Montgomery Blazer - 01-10-2014 08:20 PM

Lane Kiffin was supposed to be UAB's savior.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - the_blazerman - 01-10-2014 08:21 PM

I don't recall supporting his hire here.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Memphis Blazer - 01-10-2014 08:22 PM

(01-10-2014 08:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  Lane Kiffin was supposed to be UAB's savior.

If Kiffin and Saban's egos cause some type of massive program implosion, it might just be UABs savior

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Smaug - 01-10-2014 08:27 PM

Might as well give it a shot. The damn meteor still hasn't come through yet.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - cb4029 - 01-10-2014 08:29 PM

No way I would hire a guy straight out of HS with only HS experience. On the other hand, I may interview a HS coach who has college coaching experience.

I wonder if the name Woodrow Lowe has come across Mackin's desk.

Woodrow Lowe
05-stirthepot

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - WesternBlazer - 01-10-2014 09:00 PM

(01-10-2014 05:46 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

A lot of bammers are fed up with Cristobal.......they are blaming him for the regression from last year's OL. Of course, losing 2 Top-10 draft picks might have something to do with it (lol). Cristobal did a nice job as a HC.

According to this Cristobal "only" makes $475M
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/salaries/ncaaf/assistant/

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - UAB Band Dad - 01-10-2014 10:28 PM

(01-10-2014 08:22 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  Lane Kiffin was supposed to be UAB's savior.

If Kiffin and Saban's egos cause some type of massive program implosion, it might just be UABs savior

If bammer's offense is a bit of a weak point, as expected, then Saban has a built in fall guy.

Just sayin'.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-10-2014 11:09 PM

Notre Dame hired FBHC Davie right out of high school in Ohio, and the Baylor coach (Briles) was originally a high school coach as well. The former was a complete flop while the latter eventually became successful. Most major high school FBHCs could probably become successful college coaches (like Joey Jones) if given the time and opportunity to acclimate to the higher level of competition. Most are already used to only doing their coaching thing with no other staff responsibilities for premium pay.

The thought crossed my mind that Saban may have hired Kiffen with the understanding his wife would sit in the stands at games to provide TV "eye candy" since with the exit of McCarron, Kathern Webb and Dee Dee Bonner would no longer be at games for them to focus upon.
(That's a joke, son)

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - the_blazerman - 01-10-2014 11:12 PM

Faust.

RE: Alabama13 Blog: UAB Football has potential; Blazers should hire Josh Niblett - Memphis Blazer - 01-11-2014 10:14 AM

(01-10-2014 11:09 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  (That's a joke, son)

Glad you pointed that out, because it lacked all the characteristics of one.