CSNbbs
Helmet and Uniform - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Helmet and Uniform (/thread-671023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Helmet and Uniform - jmu-fan-1981 - 01-08-2014 01:13 PM

Daequan Scott wants a JMU Duke Dog on the helmet on Twitter. Can someone mock that up so I can send it to coach? :-)

The new sticker on the helmet used at the press conference was just not that great a look in my opinion and the players seem to agree.

Daequan also talking about how the uniform was not the right material and look.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - bridgeforthduke - 01-08-2014 01:17 PM

I love our all purple uniforms but I wouldn't mind some alternate uniforms.

Withers may actually be willing to do something like that if he can. He said there are walls in the Plecker Center that are too plain and white so he's planning to cover them with murals of players.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - HolyCityDuke - 01-08-2014 01:21 PM

Yeah, the JMU helmet sticker was pitiful to say the least. Looked cheap.

Helmet and Uniform - brizzock - 01-08-2014 01:29 PM

Agreed. Sticker looks cheap and SMALL on the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Helmet and Uniform - Jay M. Youix - 01-08-2014 01:40 PM

i like our uni's but i'm not opposed to change if it looks good.

a Duke Dog on the helmet probably would not work. that's a complex/intricate design on a very small space. on TV it would be a big, jumbled mess. the Duke Dog looks fine but it's very intricate, i wish we had something simpler. on an Indiana hat, there's a big I. Notre Dame, ND. Texas, simple longhorn logo. wish we had something simpler.

~putting up shield for the super angry dissensions~

RE: Helmet and Uniform - JMad03 - 01-08-2014 01:41 PM

I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet. Somebody mentioned that the exact helmet and logo have been used before for press stuff.
I do think he'll want a new look to the Dukes, but it'll be something the team wants to wear and likes.
I would like to see the JMU logo much larger on the helmets, and possibly take away the matte look.
I wouldn't mind the Duke Dog head on the helmet, but I'd rather see the whole dog on there. And if it's there, it has to stand out. Make it large!

RE: Helmet and Uniform - jmu-fan-1981 - 01-08-2014 01:43 PM

(01-08-2014 01:41 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet. Somebody mentioned that the exact helmet and logo have been used before for press stuff.
I do think he'll want a new look to the Dukes, but it'll be something the team wants to wear and likes.
I would like to see the JMU logo much larger on the helmets, and possibly take away the matte look.
I wouldn't mind the Duke Dog head on the helmet, but I'd rather see the whole dog on there. And if it's there, it has to stand out. Make it large!

Let's get some samples up here! Photoshoppers... let's try it out and I bet they get votes 'yay' or 'nay' on Twitter. The coaches will see this and incorporate this if they feel like it will unify the team and give them a fresh new start.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - jmufan2008 - 01-08-2014 01:57 PM

(01-08-2014 01:41 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet. Somebody mentioned that the exact helmet and logo have been used before for press stuff.

JMU is going away from using the whole dog. I'd be surprised enough to see us use DD on the helmets, but I'd shocked to see us go with a full DD. Just not going to happen.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - DoubleDDuke - 01-08-2014 02:10 PM

Logos on helmets look terrible. Either the full Duke Dog or the head logo would look like **** and take away our identity. Nobody would know what school it was. Just keep the current helmets.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - Duke Dawg - 01-08-2014 03:06 PM

(01-08-2014 02:10 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  Logos on helmets look terrible. Either the full Duke Dog or the head logo would look like **** and take away our identity. Nobody would know what school it was. Just keep the current helmets.

does anybody know what any school is on TV these days?

with all the alternate uni's, colors, helmets everyone wears, I have no idea who is playing flipping through channels.

would you know who this was unless you were told or didn't live in Virginia?

[Image: 5241a533b483c.image.jpg]

RE: Helmet and Uniform - jmu-fan-1981 - 01-08-2014 03:21 PM

(01-08-2014 03:06 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 02:10 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  Logos on helmets look terrible. Either the full Duke Dog or the head logo would look like **** and take away our identity. Nobody would know what school it was. Just keep the current helmets.

does anybody know what any school is on TV these days?

with all the alternate uni's, colors, helmets everyone wears, I have no idea who is playing flipping through channels.

would you know who this was unless you were told or didn't live in Virginia?

[Image: 5241a533b483c.image.jpg]

IMO, if it gets players excited and recruits interested, go for something fresh. who cares if there's no perfect brand recognition? We aren't an Alabama or Tennessee and even with FBS powerhouses, a lot of them are going for new unis and helmets. Not changing them for the sake of tradition is in-the-box thinking. Time to use some of that auxiliary money and get us some unis to introduce this summer, Coach Withers!

RE: Helmet and Uniform - JMUDuke25 - 01-08-2014 03:33 PM

Let UnderArmour or Nike pay us to wear the new crap they design.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - JMad03 - 01-08-2014 03:33 PM

I think one big change of culture from Matthews to Withers will probably be reflected in our unis. Mickey was very traditional, where I don't get the feeling Withers is. Expect him to do things to create buzz and something the players will love. I have a feeling we'll have an alternate uni that is a total departure. I also think the regular uni will change a bit- he wants this to be a new era and can start with a visual change.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - brizzock - 01-08-2014 03:38 PM

well, that just means that we'll have game-worn purple jerseys to bid on for next year's auction. It's the only color missing from my collection.

Helmet and Uniform - Potomac - 01-08-2014 03:43 PM

I also don't like this new helmet. Just like the endless alterations to duke dog, why must they keep negatively changing a good thing?

Re: Helmet and Uniform - Hart Foundation - 01-08-2014 03:43 PM

Leave the JMU sticker and try a small Duke Dog logo on the back of the helmet.
I wouldn't like a big logo on the side unless it also had the JMU under the paws.
Think about sports fans that are flipping channels and don't know who is playing. The JMU brand needs to be there IMO

RE: Helmet and Uniform - ParentofJMUMRDs - 01-08-2014 03:45 PM

Did the Chokies actually wear that helmet in a game or was it just a suggestion. In either case it is dreadful.

As a previous poster mentioned it is getting real hard to tell who is who these days due to all the alternate uniforms teams use.
UMD is a prime example, never really knew what they were going to come out dressed like on any given game day. Most
of the combos were horrible to boot.

Brian

RE: Helmet and Uniform - JMU2004 - 01-08-2014 03:48 PM

I would love to see us do something like Fresno State's green V to show our ties to the Shenandoah Valley.

[Image: fresnostatev.jpg]

RE: Helmet and Uniform - atljmualum - 01-08-2014 03:49 PM

(01-08-2014 03:45 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Did the Chokies actually wear that helmet in a game or was it just a suggestion. In either case it is dreadful.

As a previous poster mentioned it is getting real hard to tell who is who these days due to all the alternate uniforms teams use.
UMD is a prime example, never really knew what they were going to come out dressed like on any given game day. Most
of the combos were horrible to boot.

Brian

They wore those awful helmets in at least one game this year. Maybe even two. It looked just as bad on TV as it does on this thread.

RE: Helmet and Uniform - brizzock - 01-08-2014 03:51 PM

The VT helmet was bad, but people are talking about it----that's really all it's about. Same thing with MD. Love it or hate it, it's free publicity.