CSNbbs
From a State fan - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: From a State fan (/thread-669725.html)

From a State fan - pdub0351 - 12-31-2013 08:09 PM

I have enjoyed this past month's conversations with y'all in preparation for our game. You Rice fans have been very receptive and polite. I honestly believe that your team was better than what the score indicated. I believe that y'all played against our teams best effort all year. I have seen a couple of posters on here mention this, but our 6-6 record was a little deceptive of our actual talent level and ability. I wish you guys luck next year, and hope to see you in Omaha. #RiceFight #HailState

RE: From a State fan - RiceDad - 12-31-2013 08:18 PM

(12-31-2013 08:09 PM)pdub0351 Wrote:  I have enjoyed this past month's conversations with y'all in preparation for our game. You Rice fans have been very receptive and polite. I honestly believe that your team was better than what the score indicated. I believe that y'all played against our teams best effort all year. I have seen a couple of posters on here mention this, but our 6-6 record was a little deceptive of our actual talent level and ability. I wish you guys luck next year, and hope to see you in Omaha. #RiceFight #HailState

Thanks, I just spent about 45 minutes trying to buy some Scotch to get over our offensive disappearance. Your fans, those I met, were a nice group!

RE: From a State fan - Antarius - 12-31-2013 08:20 PM

It was a great performance by MSU today; completely overwhelmed us. Congrats to you guys and hopefully we can build from this.

RE: From a State fan - d1owls4life - 12-31-2013 08:29 PM

(12-31-2013 08:09 PM)pdub0351 Wrote:  I have enjoyed this past month's conversations with y'all in preparation for our game. You Rice fans have been very receptive and polite. I honestly believe that your team was better than what the score indicated. I believe that y'all played against our teams best effort all year. I have seen a couple of posters on here mention this, but our 6-6 record was a little deceptive of our actual talent level and ability. I wish you guys luck next year, and hope to see you in Omaha. #RiceFight #HailState

Wish we could have put up a little more of a fight. Dak is the real deal. Unbelievable game by him and your front 7 today.

Been nice chatting with you. Don't hesitate to stop by every now and again.

RE: From a State fan - NolaOwl - 12-31-2013 08:39 PM

Thanks for the kind words. You have some great talent on your team who will someday be playing on Sundays. We now know we still have much to do to get to a higher level.

RE: From a State fan - I45owl - 12-31-2013 08:51 PM

I can believe that was their best performance or close to it (I have to believe they played their best against Auburn and Ole Miss). Very few mistakes made by your team. I think you've got a better team than TAMU.

RE: From a State fan - OldOwl - 12-31-2013 08:59 PM

Mississippi State fans were nice and respective at the game. We apologize we could not be competitive. Looks like we still have a long way to go.

ote='I45owl' pid='10231487' dateline='1388541065']

I can believe that was their best performance or close to it (I have to believe they played their best against Auburn and Ole Miss). Very few mistakes made by your team. I think you've got a better team than TAMU.
[/quote]

RE: From a State fan - 75src - 01-01-2014 02:47 AM

Time for Rice and Mississippi State to think about baseball now.

RE: From a State fan - At Ease - 01-01-2014 04:50 AM

Kind words and hope for a rematch in Omaha.

RE: From a State fan - waltgreenberg - 01-01-2014 09:25 AM

(01-01-2014 04:50 AM)At Ease Wrote:  Kind words and hope for a rematch in Omaha.

A very realistic goal for both of us. 04-cheers

RE: From a State fan - davidw - 01-02-2014 09:42 AM

Thank you Pdud. Our qb had his worst performance of the year, but that had a lot to do with the MSU front seven.

Your fans were great. Despite the butt-whipping, it was a fun experience going to the bowl and playing you guys, and seeing your fan support for the Bulldogs. It also showed us where we are now and where we need to go. Good luck to you in the SEC. Apparently you're a young team, so watch out next year 'Bama.