CSNbbs
IU's Athletic Campaign - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: IU's Athletic Campaign (/thread-668313.html)

IU's Athletic Campaign - GCD70 - 12-20-2013 10:06 AM

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/c-varsityclub/spec-rel/121913aaa.html

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - niu79 - 12-20-2013 10:27 AM

Helps to have alums with that kind of money that are passionate about sports.

A lot of the money Indiana has spent on facilities in recent years has come from the Big 10 Network, alumni contributions, or large donations from friends of the program like John Mellencamp. Renovating or replacing Assembly Hall was the next project on the to-do list.

If I had won last week's Megamillion I was planning on using the funds to rebuild Huskie Stadium, construct a Portillo's restaurant within to insure we have hot dogs on game day, and rename the stadium NIU79 Palace. Only question was if I wanted to add a retractable roof for the mid-week November games, or not.

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - niuaccy1976 - 12-20-2013 10:31 AM

(12-20-2013 10:27 AM)niu79 Wrote:  Helps to have alums with that kind of money that are passionate about sports.

A lot of the money Indiana has spent on facilities in recent years has come from the Big 10 Network, alumni contributions, or large donations from friends of the program like John Mellencamp. Renovating or replacing Assembly Hall was the next project on the to-do list.

If I had won last week's Megamillion I was planning on using the funds to rebuild Huskie Stadium, construct a Portillo's restaurant within to insure we have hot dogs on game day, and rename the stadium NIU79 Palace. Only question was if I wanted to add a retractable roof for the mid-week November games, or not.

In the same footprint of existing Huskie Stadium? Increased capacity?

Just checking to see how far along you were in the planning process.

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - HuskieRak - 12-20-2013 10:45 AM

screw the retractable roof, I'd buy a snow machine. Every game can be a snow bowl.

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - NIU75 - 12-20-2013 10:50 AM

(12-20-2013 10:27 AM)niu79 Wrote:  Helps to have alums with that kind of money that are passionate about sports.

Please keep buying the lotto tickets. Great idea on having Portillo's run the food service. Contract the food service out and NIU will make money.

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - Dog Fan - 12-20-2013 10:55 AM

(12-20-2013 10:50 AM)NIU75 Wrote:  

Please keep buying the lotto tickets. Great idea on having Portillo's run the food service. Contract the food service out and NIU will make money.

Nah....it's sort of fun watching Athletics try to keep the hot dogs (and hot chocolate) stocked. They give us so much to talk about!

IU's Athletic Campaign - JCCNIU31 - 12-20-2013 10:55 AM

(12-20-2013 10:50 AM)NIU75 Wrote:  

I like the portillos idea...get then as a sponsor too...

Sent from my iPhone.

RE: IU's Athletic Campaign - klake87 - 12-20-2013 11:29 AM

So who has $40 million to throw around.