CSNbbs
Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program (/thread-668215.html)

Pages: 1 2

Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - WesternBlazer - 12-19-2013 05:06 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/uab_quarterback_austin_brown_t.html#incart_flyout_sports

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Big Dee - 12-19-2013 05:13 PM

Best of luck to AB, hope you transfer to 1-AA we play.

I wonder how other XCNC guys gets axed as we work the bottom of the roster out.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - BlazeN'Bham - 12-19-2013 05:17 PM

QBs who pass on UAB usually pass on UAB

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2013 05:20 PM

Wonder why? Coach tried to kill him one year. Fans trashed him the next.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - B'ham Blazer - 12-19-2013 05:27 PM

(12-19-2013 05:20 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Wonder why? Coach tried to kill him one year. Fans trashed him the next.

That Memphis game still haunts me........BRUTAL!

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - jcduncan13 - 12-19-2013 05:34 PM

I'm going to miss AB. I wish him nothing but the best. I also met his parents and they loved UAB. Benching him in favor of Perry probably convinced him he needed to go elsewhere to play.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Big Dee - 12-19-2013 05:36 PM

(12-19-2013 05:27 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 05:20 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Wonder why? Coach tried to kill him one year. Fans trashed him the next.

You too, that's why I call him McGee instead of CGM I'm still pissed about this 15, was icing on the cake. That Memphis loss wiped all other losses to Memphis out even some of those old XCMD bball losses don't compare to this one.

I see what McGee is doing setting up for a huge year three, this DC is going to make or break him.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Smaug - 12-19-2013 05:45 PM

I'll add him to the list of people I'll have to suppress the urge to apologize to should I ever run into him.

He joins Pat Sullivan and Renee from 5th grade.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - jcduncan13 - 12-19-2013 05:56 PM

(12-19-2013 05:45 PM)Smaug Wrote:  I'll add him to the list of people I'll have to suppress the urge to apologize to should I ever run into him.

He joins Pat Sullivan and Renee from 5th grade.

I want to hear about this Renee character lol

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - B'ham Blazer - 12-19-2013 05:57 PM

(12-19-2013 05:36 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 05:27 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

You too, that's why I call him McGee instead of CGM I'm still pissed about this 15, was icing on the cake. That Memphis loss wiped all other losses to Memphis out even some of those old XCMD bball losses don't compare to this one.

I see what McGee is doing setting up for a huge year three, this DC is going to make or break him.

HUGE hire, for sure. I actually think he gets it right this time (knock on wood).

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - rook360 - 12-19-2013 05:58 PM

He wasn't trying to kill him. He was doing what he thought he had to do. Are you throwing false accusations against our coach. 04-jawdrop03-lmfao

But yeah, McGee was a bonehead in that Memphis game. And to add insult to injury pulls him this year "doing what he had to do."
hate ot for the kid, a casualty of a brand new head coach learning on the job.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - blazers9911 - 12-19-2013 09:05 PM

Good luck to AB. He definitely didn't deserve the treatment he received thaws past two years. I wish him the best, and hopefully he can go win some games somewhere else.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - BlazeN'Bham - 12-19-2013 09:07 PM

that aren't against us

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - cb4029 - 12-19-2013 09:58 PM

And the revolving door continues to spin as QBs come in and out of our program. No wonder we've signed so many. We'll probably need to sign 4 more next year. 05-stirthepot I wonder if any of our QBs are really happy here. No matter how you look at it, this almost dooms next season. Even if we run the ball 50 times a game.

Who else is leaving? He can't be the only player we are losing after this season.

Changing the culture. LOL

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - UAB Band Dad - 12-19-2013 10:08 PM

I'm sure we'll lose a few more. Either they'll feel they're better off elsewhere, or the coach they were close to got fired, or the'll look at incoming talent and see their playing time getting thin, etc.

It happens.

I wish Austin nothing but the best, and I hope that the move turns out well for him.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-19-2013 11:04 PM

I wish Austin the best wherever he winds up, but I don't recall any UAB QB transferring out and becoming the salvation for any other team. Have I overlooked anyone in the last few years? I know one went to AL A&M and disappeared from view. Another is said to be going to NTX State.

Maybe the present coach will have better luck with the QBs he brings in, and who actually stick with the team and get to play. We shall see next spring and fall.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Dracarys - 12-20-2013 03:02 AM

(12-19-2013 11:04 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I wish Austin the best wherever he winds up, but I don't recall any UAB QB transferring out and becoming the salvation for any other team. Have I overlooked anyone in the last few years? I know one went to AL A&M and disappeared from view. Another is said to be going to NTX State.

Maybe the present coach will have better luck with the QBs he brings in, and who actually stick with the team and get to play. We shall see next spring and fall.

Yea I'm pretty sure Izzy didn't even start for A&M. I was never impressed with Greer. I would be shocked for him to win the starting job. Hope he does tho. Now that AB is leaving I would love to have Greer back.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - GreenHornet33 - 12-20-2013 07:57 AM

(12-20-2013 03:02 AM)Dracarys Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 11:04 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I wish Austin the best wherever he winds up, but I don't recall any UAB QB transferring out and becoming the salvation for any other team. Have I overlooked anyone in the last few years? I know one went to AL A&M and disappeared from view. Another is said to be going to NTX State.

Yea I'm pretty sure Izzy didn't even start for A&M. I was never impressed with Greer. I would be shocked for him to win the starting job. Hope he does tho. Now that AB is leaving I would love to have Greer back.

Izzy played QB one year at AAMU(split time with a Louisville transfer) and started at receiver his senior year and did a pretty good job

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - 82blazer - 12-20-2013 09:06 AM

(12-19-2013 09:58 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  And the revolving door continues to spin as QBs come in and out of our program. No wonder we've signed so many. We'll probably need to sign 4 more next year. 05-stirthepot I wonder if any of our QBs are really happy here. No matter how you look at it, this almost dooms next season. Even if we run the ball 50 times a game.

Who else is leaving? He can't be the only player we are losing after this season.

Changing the culture. LOL

Not sure why this would doom next season. I think one of the 2 JUCO's we signed would most likely have been the starter anyway. QB was not a position of strength last year. We needed to upgrade.

RE: Champlin: Quarterback Austin Brown is leaving the UAB football program - Blazer Engineer - 12-20-2013 09:11 AM

Anthony Speight went to ala state and played some