CSNbbs
"It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." (/thread-667494.html)

"It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - MidnightBlueGold - 12-15-2013 02:35 PM

That's what former Texas coach Mack Brown just said, according to a Brett McMurphy tweet.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - owen - 12-15-2013 02:48 PM

He is a great coach.
If he doesn't want to permanently retire another program would be blessed to have him.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - MidnightBlueGold - 12-15-2013 02:51 PM

(12-15-2013 02:48 PM)owen Wrote:  He is a great coach.
If he doesn't want to permanently retire another program would be blessed to have him.

A great coach...with no morals.

I'm sure the NCAA is thrilled about this, and parents of kids he recruited when he probably told them how important class, grades, & integrity were. So I bet he lied to faces of hundreds of kids and their parents

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - JSF - 12-15-2013 03:01 PM

Honesty is inconvenient.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - owen - 12-15-2013 03:14 PM

(12-15-2013 02:51 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-15-2013 02:48 PM)owen Wrote:  He is a great coach.

A great coach...with no morals.

I'm sure the NCAA is thrilled about this, and parents of kids he recruited when he probably told them how important class, grades, & integrity were. So I bet he lied to faces of hundreds of kids and their parents

I don't get what you're saying.
He ran a clean program compared to others.
And in the end keeping his job wasn't about him having integrity or his student athletes grades but job security is about winning.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - T-Town - 12-15-2013 03:57 PM

Integrity, grades, class are important to most school as they proudly talk about their STUDENT-athletes but on the other hand winning is absolutely indispensable because that is where the money is that is used to justify those multi-million dollar contracts to pay a person to coach a group of 17-22 year old intercollegiate athletics.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - H2Oville Rocket - 12-15-2013 05:45 PM

Yeah, that could be taken one of two ways. I' m guessing he meant that the University didn't care about those things, only about winning.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - HuronDave - 12-15-2013 09:34 PM

(12-15-2013 02:35 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  That's what former Texas coach Mack Brown just said, according to a Brett McMurphy tweet.

Would want to see the quote in context.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - Campbell4President - 12-16-2013 02:55 AM

(12-15-2013 05:45 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Yeah, that could be taken one of two ways. I' m guessing he meant that the University didn't care about those things, only about winning.

Yeah, without seeing the whole quote, I assumed that is what he meant too.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - Pulltown Falcon - 12-16-2013 06:51 PM

(12-15-2013 02:35 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  That's what former Texas coach Mack Brown just said, according to a Brett McMurphy tweet.
I thought you were on AZZ reading a post from that twit Globetrotter about why we should hire Jim Tressell as our new head coach.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - OUVan - 12-17-2013 11:22 AM

(12-15-2013 05:45 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Yeah, that could be taken one of two ways. I' m guessing he meant that the University didn't care about those things, only about winning.

Actually considering the circumstances there is only one way to take that quote logically and it wasn't the way the OP took it.

RE: "It's not about integrity, grades, class. It's about winning." - axeme - 12-17-2013 11:42 AM

The facts would suggest the statement represents the way most schools operate, despite claiming the opposite.