CSNbbs
How's this for marketing ? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: How's this for marketing ? (/thread-667200.html)

How's this for marketing ? - MG61 - 12-13-2013 02:10 PM

[Image: 24oucrd.jpg]

RE: How's this for marketing ? - Digi368 - 12-13-2013 03:18 PM

I've already been called twice this week to renew my season tickets. I definitely will but it’s difficult with Christmas around the corner.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - demiveeman - 12-14-2013 01:45 AM

What about it?

RE: How's this for marketing ? - Fitbud - 12-14-2013 01:57 AM

After the season that you guys had, I think it's a great idea.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - SApuro - 12-14-2013 07:45 AM

Yeah I'm at a loss. Are you sayin it's a good or bad thing? Im under the assumption that most schools are pushing season tickets. Am I wrong?

RE: How's this for marketing ? - Tintin - 12-14-2013 08:32 AM

(12-14-2013 07:45 AM)SApuro Wrote:  Yeah I'm at a loss. Are you sayin it's a good or bad thing? Im under the assumption that most schools are pushing season tickets. Am I wrong?

I've got no problem with this. It keeps the product in front of the consumer without a lot of cash outlay.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - flowoodeagle - 12-14-2013 08:53 AM

I understand that it could be seen as a bit cheesy, especially with the KFC tie-in a few years ago.
However, I give them major props for keeping the product in front of the consumer even around this time of the year when most school's ticket offices are more worried about when Christmas break will begin.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - ThreeifbyLightning - 12-14-2013 10:32 AM

This is smart IMO.

I cannot stand the way we do it at MT. They wait until late spring early summer to launch their season ticket campaign.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Why wait til football has become the furthest thing from people's minds to launch? We did the same thing this year. We should have started selling season tickets as soon as the C-USA announcment was made. Instead they waited.

And our attendance this year speaks for itself. For all the awesome promotion and social media stuff they did they blew by not putting season tickets sales out at the same time.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - ECMAN79 - 12-14-2013 11:08 AM

(12-14-2013 10:32 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  This is smart IMO.

I cannot stand the way we do it at MT. They wait until late spring early summer to launch their season ticket campaign.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Why wait til football has become the furthest thing from people's minds to launch? We did the same thing this year. We should have started selling season tickets as soon as the C-USA announcment was made. Instead they waited.

And our attendance this year speaks for itself. For all the awesome promotion and social media stuff they did they blew by not putting season tickets sales out at the same time.

disagree with your take on that timing of late spring/early summer......your program just went through spring camp, which your fans are following....the preview magazines and other preview stuff is coming out......college football is definitely on people's minds at that point....people are LOOKING FORWARD to college football.....especially with summer doldrums around the corner with little sports activity (outside of MLB).....

ECU fans can usually renew in around February or so......we have basketball tickets being pushed right now, and we do a baseball push and olympic sports pass push......so no room for 2014 season tickets with everything else going on right now....

RE: How's this for marketing ? - SpaceRaider - 12-14-2013 12:01 PM

(12-14-2013 11:08 AM)ECMAN79 Wrote:  

disagree with your take on that timing of late spring/early summer......your program just went through spring camp, which your fans are following....the preview magazines and other preview stuff is coming out......college football is definitely on people's minds at that point....people are LOOKING FORWARD to college football.....especially with summer doldrums around the corner with little sports activity (outside of MLB).....

ECU fans can usually renew in around February or so......we have basketball tickets being pushed right now, and we do a baseball push and olympic sports pass push......so no room for 2014 season tickets with everything else going on right now....

I agree with TIBL. This is a great approach. I congratulate UTSA on thinking of new ways of promoting their team. People can sneer at this or the KFC deal, but it appears to be working.

People are going to be spending money for Christmas presents anyway. A gift of season tickets is a damn sight better than some of the junk that ends up gift wrapped under a Christmas tree.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - ThreeifbyLightning - 12-14-2013 12:17 PM

Well, you just proved my point for me. February is a lot sooner than we do it. I would be okay with that. Most years you're just coming off a bowl game in late December or early January, and capitalizing on that momentum is a must.

The only people getting excited about spring football are the die hards, and they are already buying season tickets. We need to increase the season ticket base not just be happy with doing things the way they've always done them.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - correcamino - 12-14-2013 02:05 PM

Yeah, this thread is a pretty big fail if its meant as a shot at UTSA.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - KAjunRaider - 12-14-2013 02:06 PM

(12-14-2013 12:17 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Well, you just proved my point for me. February is a lot sooner than we do it. I would be okay with that. Most years you're just coming off a bowl game in late December or early January, and capitalizing on that momentum is a must.

The only people getting excited about spring football are the die hards, and they are already buying season tickets. We need to increase the season ticket base not just be happy with doing things the way they've always done them.

And we always have our BRAA Drive after basketball is over. It starts about 2 weeks after the conference tourney. Dumb.

Start it during hoops season and make a big deal about it on the jumbotrons. We do a great job, but could do and MUST do better.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - randaddyminer - 12-14-2013 02:46 PM

Nice to see Frosty is a UTEP fan

RE: How's this for marketing ? - Lee Moses - 12-14-2013 03:14 PM

(12-14-2013 02:05 PM)correcamino Wrote:  Yeah, this thread is a pretty big fail if its meant as a shot at UTSA.

Why would you think it was? It looks like smart marketing to me.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I know why now.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - randaddyminer - 12-14-2013 03:25 PM

UTSA fans are going to get kfc gift cards in their stockings?

RE: How's this for marketing ? - MG61 - 12-14-2013 04:50 PM

(12-14-2013 07:45 AM)SApuro Wrote:  Yeah I'm at a loss. Are you sayin it's a good or bad thing? Im under the assumption that most schools are pushing season tickets. Am I wrong?

I think it's a GREAT idea. You just completed a successful season that is fresh in the minds of your fans.............. strike while the iron is Hot ! Just wish our folks would become as creative.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - olliebaba - 12-14-2013 06:23 PM

But what if the recipient doesn't want the tickets? Is there a return policy like at most every store? You might think it's a great gift because you follow the team but what if the givee doesn't? Hmm.

RE: How's this for marketing ? - MG61 - 12-14-2013 07:51 PM

(12-14-2013 06:23 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  But what if the recipient doesn't want the tickets? Is there a return policy like at most every store? You might think it's a great gift because you follow the team but what if the givee doesn't? Hmm.

Hopefully you would know a little something about the person you were buying them for. Doubt seriously if this would be a problem.