CSNbbs
suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area (/thread-667012.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - bsp34 - 12-12-2013 10:23 AM

and go....

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - missjtiger - 12-12-2013 10:29 AM

(12-12-2013 10:23 AM)bsp34 Wrote:  and go....

http://mulanbistro.net/

http://www.sweetgrassmemphis.com/mobile/index.html

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - MemphisNate - 12-12-2013 10:34 AM

Cooper Young - Barber Shop, Cafe 1912

Midtown: Boscos, Local Gastropub, Restaurant Iris, The Second Line

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - TigerBill - 12-12-2013 10:47 AM

Is The Bayou Grill still around?

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - memphis88 - 12-12-2013 10:54 AM

(12-12-2013 10:47 AM)TigerBill Wrote:  Is The Bayou Grill still around?

Yup, it is.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - memphis88 - 12-12-2013 10:55 AM

(12-12-2013 10:34 AM)MemphisNate Wrote:  Cooper Young - Barber Shop, Cafe 1912

Midtown: Boscos, Local Gastropub, Restaurant Iris, The Second Line

You meant Overton Square instead of Midtown, right?

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - tiger2000 - 12-12-2013 11:38 AM

Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of $$$ are you looking to spend? Any specific food types (ethnicity, allergies, stuff that's off the menu).

There is a LOT of great dining in midtown. Iris is on the higher side and has a 2-week wait (average, sometimes less) but is amazing.

For something unique and very good food, try the trolley stop (GREAT burgers). I ate there last night.

The woman and I ate at Sweetgrass sunday and hit it up fairly often - the braised ribs and duck were amazing. If you want a different menu than Sweetgrass (and decent TV/bar) check out Sweetgrass next door.

For great lunch, Kwik Check is hard to beat for both sandwiches and (chicken) bi bin bop.

I've barely scratched the surface - give us a bit more detail and we can come up with something.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - bsp34 - 12-12-2013 12:34 PM

(12-12-2013 11:38 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of $$$ are you looking to spend? Any specific food types (ethnicity, allergies, stuff that's off the menu).

There is a LOT of great dining in midtown. Iris is on the higher side and has a 2-week wait (average, sometimes less) but is amazing.

For something unique and very good food, try the trolley stop (GREAT burgers). I ate there last night.

The woman and I ate at Sweetgrass sunday and hit it up fairly often - the braised ribs and duck were amazing. If you want a different menu than Sweetgrass (and decent TV/bar) check out Sweetgrass next door.

For great lunch, Kwik Check is hard to beat for both sandwiches and (chicken) bi bin bop.

I've barely scratched the surface - give us a bit more detail and we can come up with something.

moderately priced. not sure of type, just looking for suggestions.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - Willie Becton - 12-12-2013 12:36 PM

I enjoyed alchemy when I last went.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - tiger2000 - 12-12-2013 12:46 PM

(12-12-2013 12:36 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  I enjoyed alchemy when I last went.

I've had about 50/50 luck with alchemy in the 6 or 7 times I've been there. When it's on, it's good (their Brussel sprouts cooked in bacon are awesome) but other times, the food is off.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - tiger2000 - 12-12-2013 12:51 PM

(12-12-2013 12:34 PM)bsp34 Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 11:38 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Can you be a bit more specific? What kind of $$$ are you looking to spend? Any specific food types (ethnicity, allergies, stuff that's off the menu).

Are you going to have cocktails? Just you and your significant other or friends?

Other good suggestions are Central or BBQ shoppe if you want Q. Local is a very cool scene and a nice place for a meal although I think their food is a bit overpriced. (The owner is a very good friend of mine - sorry Jeff)

Personally, I'd go to Iris if you can get in and it's within budget. You will get bonus points for your significant other.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - JTiger - 12-12-2013 01:17 PM

Assuming price is not an issue

Cooper Young - Tsunami or Beauty Shop for nice dining Young Ave. Deli for more pub atmosphere and a really good burger

Overton Square - Bosco's is always good, Local, Bari for Italian food.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - k2tigers - 12-12-2013 01:19 PM

boycott Restaurant Iris

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - TigerBill - 12-12-2013 01:20 PM

(12-12-2013 12:51 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 12:34 PM)bsp34 Wrote:  

Are you going to have cocktails? Just you and your significant other or friends?

Other good suggestions are Central or BBQ shoppe if you want Q. Local is a very cool scene and a nice place for a meal although I think their food is a bit overpriced. (The owner is a very good friend of mine - sorry Jeff)

Personally, I'd go to Iris if you can get in and it's within budget. You will get bonus points for your significant other.

I'll agree on BBQ Shoppe, great stuff, great sauce.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - MemphisTiger15 - 12-12-2013 01:20 PM

Krystal on Union/ Cleveland

What about this "Local" joint in Overton Square?

My wife has been harping on going to there before or after a game b/c she has seen it when we drive by there on the way to FEF. I'm about as interested in that as I am going on vacation in Iran, but....... happy wife, happy life

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - tiger2000 - 12-12-2013 01:53 PM

(12-12-2013 01:19 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  boycott Restaurant Iris

why?

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - ksigtigerdood - 12-12-2013 01:53 PM

(12-12-2013 01:20 PM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  Krystal on Union/ Cleveland

What about this "Local" joint in Overton Square?

My wife has been harping on going to there before or after a game b/c she has seen it when we drive by there on the way to FEF. I'm about as interested in that as I am going on vacation in Iran, but....... happy wife, happy life

Local's good stuff. Really good brunch or dinner menu. The menu is pretty broad, but most of it is great. The beer selection is great, too.

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - k2tigers - 12-12-2013 02:18 PM

(12-12-2013 01:53 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

why?

just don't appreciate uppity's who have no respect for others - long story, one that pissed off a lot of Memphians - hell, it pissed me off and I don't even live there!!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/nov/03/early-morning-fireworks-disrupt-that-extra-hour/?print=1

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - kabluey - 12-12-2013 02:20 PM

Soul Fish (moderate price locally based casual fried fish chain), Sweet Grass in Cooper Young.

Chiwawa, Local in Overton Square. Both though a little overpriced, although Chiwawa has specials that make it better. Haven't had a chance to tear through the Overton Square lineup though. Chiwawa, Bar Louie, and Local are great places to watch games (Bar Louie has the largest number of screens of the three, but I wasn't interested in their food, so I can't attest to it).

RE: suggestions for dinner in Midtown/Cooper-Young Area - tiger2000 - 12-12-2013 02:26 PM

(12-12-2013 02:18 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 01:53 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

why?

just don't appreciate uppity's who have no respect for others - long story, one that pissed off a lot of Memphians - hell, it pissed me off and I don't even live there!!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/nov/03/early-morning-fireworks-disrupt-that-extra-hour/?print=1

I thought kelly english owned that place.