CSNbbs
Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker (/thread-665419.html)

Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - BlazintheATL - 12-04-2013 04:55 PM

I know Brown is sitting out this season due to transfer rules but when he is eligible next year is he likely going to play the 1 and Frazier will shift over to the 2, which seems like a better fit for him. Also will Brown be eligible to play next season and the following season due to the transfer or next season only?

As far as K.C. goes, what is his status? I know it has been discussed on here and I believe I've read that he is pretty much done at UAB. I missed the details behind this, can someone fill me in.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - Smaug - 12-04-2013 05:00 PM

KC is done, but they're honoring his scholarship.

Bum ankle, I think.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - HSV_BLAZER - 12-04-2013 05:06 PM

Robert Brown will have two years of eligibility here. I don't know if he will move Frazier to the 2-spot or if he will play it himself. Fortunately the coaches have an entire year to figure it out.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - Memphis Blazer - 12-04-2013 05:20 PM

On the sidelines, Brown looks like a natural leader.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - hooverblazer - 12-04-2013 05:29 PM

I think Brown is a SG, not a PG. Others have said he'd be starting right now if he were eligible. If that's the case my projected starting lineup for next year would be

1-Frazier
2-Brown
3-Lee
4-Washington
5-Mehinti

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - The Answer UAB - 12-04-2013 05:30 PM

How good does brown look in practice?

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-04-2013 05:31 PM

From what I gather Brown will play the two and Frazier the point with watts backing him up. KC is on a medical hardship and frees up one scholarship.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - BlazintheATL - 12-04-2013 05:33 PM

That looks right Hoover.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - Dracorex - 12-04-2013 05:36 PM

(12-04-2013 04:55 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  I know Brown is sitting out this season due to transfer rules but when he is eligible next year is he likely going to play the 1 and Frazier will shift over to the 2, which seems like a better fit for him. Also will Brown be eligible to play next season and the following season due to the transfer or next season only?

As far as K.C. goes, what is his status? I know it has been discussed on here and I believe I've read that he is pretty much done at UAB. I missed the details behind this, can someone fill me in.

Brown is taking a redshirt this year so next season he will be a RS Junior. He is also a SG. Coach Haase and Frazier both think that Frazier projects to play PG in the pro's whether it be NBA or overseas

K.C. will never actually suit up at UAB again in basketball and his athletic scholarship will roll off after the season and we will have 6 available scholarships for next season. It may actually have shifted to a academic/leadership scholarship and Moton given the athletic scholarship but I'm not sure.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - blazers9911 - 12-04-2013 05:40 PM

(12-04-2013 05:29 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I think Brown is a SG, not a PG. Others have said he'd be starting right now if he were eligible. If that's the case my projected starting lineup for next year would be

1-Frazier
2-Brown
3-Lee
4-Washington
5-Mehinti

That would be my guess too. Of course, we have no idea how good any of the newcomers will be, how much any of the bench guys will improve, or if we'll add any guys in the late period. It is so nice to not look at a lineup and ask if we'll have enough guys at any position the next year.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - BlazerGreen - 12-04-2013 06:29 PM

(12-04-2013 05:29 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I think Brown is a SG, not a PG. Others have said he'd be starting right now if he were eligible. If that's the case my projected starting lineup for next year would be

1-Frazier
2-Brown
3-Lee
4-Washington
5-Mehinti

I think Lee will start out at the 4 but will move to the 3 as his perimeter skills develop. Right now his game is mid-range and in. I watched him two full games last week and he didn't attempt a 3pt. Albertville backed off but he didn't take the bait (which I thought showed a lot of maturity). He's got great form and is a good FT shooter so matter of time for that to come. Doesn't matter defensively as he can guard the 3, 4, or 5 spots.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - mobileblazer - 12-04-2013 06:55 PM

I think Lee will start and play pf all 4 years.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - hooverblazer - 12-04-2013 07:41 PM

So maybe flip flop Lee and Washington then?

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - BlazerGold09 - 12-04-2013 08:16 PM

I love that we actually have options. It's like we're playing chess with all the pieces for once.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - DragonClaw - 12-04-2013 10:09 PM

(12-04-2013 05:00 PM)Smaug Wrote:  KC is done, but they're honoring his scholarship.

Bum ankle, I think.

I thought it was a break in KC's foot that has had trouble healing properly.

Brown looked very good in the scrimmage, IMO. He should be a major contributor next year, most likely at the 2 spot.

RE: Robert Brown and K.C. Whitaker - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-04-2013 10:24 PM

I really LOVE these discussions about the team's future make up and how we seem to know who will make up the team next year. It is so much better than the "mystery teams" we had under the past coaches. To actually have substantial players already signed in the early period is fun getting used to when for so many years we had no clue who or what to expect year to year.