CSNbbs
Recruiting so far - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: Recruiting so far (/thread-664334.html)

Pages: 1 2

Recruiting so far - Check Yosef - 11-30-2013 12:04 PM

App has recruited 16 with 6 *** so far and if I'm not mistaken the latest one was a boy name Josh Boyd out of Norcross Georgia, Norcross High a 74 point RB verbal commit who had offers from UAB Blazers, UNLV Rebels, Syracuse Orange, and Washington State Cougars, 5'9 175 lbs

other *** we have verbals from are

Brandon Walton from Douglasville Georgia, Carollton High, 74 point TE-Y 6'6 220 lbs had offers from WKU Hilltoppers, Illinois Fighting Illini, and Georgia State Panthers

A. J. Wells 73 point K from Buena Vista, Georgia, Marion County High, 6'1 190 lbs only had an offer from App

J. P. Caruso 73 point QB-DT from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Palm Beach Gardens High, 5'11 198 lbs had offers from Furman Paladins, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, Akron Zips, Colgate Raiders, FAU Owls, and Wyoming Cowboys

Trumaine Washington 72 point CB from Miami Florida, Christopher Columbus High, 5'9 175 lbs, also had an offer from Duke Blue Devils

Emiere Scaife a 72 point QB-PP from Charlotte, North Carolina, Mallard Creek High, 6'3 200 lbs
Also had an offer from Georgia State Panthers

Other notables:

Deltron Hopkins a 69 point ATH from Miami, Florida Booker T. Washington High, 5'6 145 lbs also had an offer from Hawaii Warriors

Alan Michael Harkness a 68 point DE from Lithonia, Georgia Martin Luther King High, 6'2 222 lbs also had offers from UAB Blazers, Jacksonville State Gamecocks, WKU Hilltoppers, Arkansas State Red Wolves, Kansas State Wildcats, and Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders

Devan Stringer 68 point OLB from Gainesville, Georgia, Gainesville High, 5'11 195 lbs also had offers from the Alcorn State Braves and Presbyterian College Blue Hose

Weak but had offers from others:

Rashad Canty 43 point WR from Riverdale, Georgia, Riverdale High, 6'3 201 lbs, also had offers from South Alabama Jaguars and Georgia State Panthers

This is of course not permanent but many of these have been on our verbal commit list for months and if this is an indicator of recruiting potential I'm happy, would like to have others post their schools recruiting in a similar format if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Recruiting so far - Saint3333 - 11-30-2013 02:37 PM

Scaife decommitted back to GA St.

Recruiting so far - Check Yosef - 11-30-2013 02:50 PM

(11-30-2013 02:37 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Scaife decommitted back to GA St.

They haven't changed it on espn game day app, but I don't really find him necessary

So cheers for geo state hopefully he can help avoid another winless season

RE: Recruiting so far - HeartOfDixie - 11-30-2013 02:52 PM

Looks solid.

Recruiting so far - Check Yosef - 11-30-2013 03:02 PM

(11-30-2013 02:52 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Looks solid.

I'm overall excited, added Boyd very recently and was first movement I've seen in a while in our recruiting so I just decided to post and see if anyone else would share their team to compare

RE: Recruiting so far - ManOnABuffalo - 11-30-2013 04:30 PM

As you can see we cherry pick Georgia pretty much every year......much to the distaste of Ga Southern.

Recruiting so far - Check Yosef - 11-30-2013 04:46 PM

(11-30-2013 04:30 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  As you can see we cherry pick Georgia pretty much every year......much to the distaste of Ga Southern.

Very true most are Georgia kids then Florida then nc

RE: Recruiting so far - GSU Eagles - 11-30-2013 05:20 PM

(11-30-2013 04:30 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  As you can see we cherry pick Georgia pretty much every year......much to the distaste of Ga Southern.

Many, many more FBS athletes in Ga than FBS schools in Ga so that will always be the case. Plenty to go around.

RE: Recruiting so far - Higher Education - 11-30-2013 07:02 PM

At least App State can take Georgia talent and win. Meanwhile, G-State... well...

RE: Recruiting so far - CatMom - 11-30-2013 07:20 PM

(11-30-2013 07:02 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  At least App State can take Georgia talent and win. Meanwhile, G-State... well...

Hmmm, GSU is in their 4th year of football. GaSouth has been around how many years?

Give it a rest and stop being ignorant. They've improved a lot this year. You probably haven't cared or noticed. They'll get there and they'll get their recuits. This was Miles' first year as coach and has them going in the right direction.

#WERISETOGETHER

RE: Recruiting so far - Higher Education - 11-30-2013 07:24 PM

You must not have been there when these arrogant jerks arrived on the scene. They have been talking trash and belittling the accomplishments of others since BEFORE day 1. I wouldn't care if they were humbly building a program, but egotistical attacks on other programs over the pasr 4 years have earned them every bit of grave dancing they receive.

RE: Recruiting so far - CatMom - 11-30-2013 08:22 PM

(11-30-2013 07:24 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  You must not have been there when these arrogant jerks arrived on the scene. They have been talking trash and belittling the accomplishments of others since BEFORE day 1. I wouldn't care if they were humbly building a program, but egotistical attacks on other programs over the pasr 4 years have earned them every bit of grave dancing they receive.

I would bet you everyone on this forum has had those kinds of posts and threads that have gone downhill. However, this is not the SoCon, it's the SBC. We pull for each other here. Conference is way more important (perception/prestige) than it ever was in FCS.
Everyone is entitled to express opinions but overall, on this forum, we are one (unless we're playing each other)

You'll figure it out as you go along.

FWIW - trash talk here, when it gets out of hand, gets moved to the Smack Board

(Don't tempt me)

RE: Recruiting so far - Higher Education - 11-30-2013 08:39 PM

Again, it's on them. As soon as they quit talking trash about other programs who have accomplished ANYTHING I will be happier. As long as they are delusional and condescending, I will revel in every bit of their well deserved failure.

RE: Recruiting so far - CatMom - 11-30-2013 08:50 PM

(11-30-2013 08:39 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  Again, it's on them. As soon as they quit talking trash about other programs who have accomplished ANYTHING I will be happier. As long as they are delusional and condescending, I will revel in every bit of their well deserved failure.

I've been on here 18 months and I think we have 2/3 GSU posters. I read just about every thread. I think you're just pissed off and can't let it go. I don't recall any thread or posts you're referencing.

There's been an awful lot of App and GaSouth chest thumping the past year but the rest of us aren't getting all bent about it.

You have no idea what TXST went through as an FCS ( because, basically, we sucked) and again as we moved up. You know what? We managed, we took our lumps. We took the insults from the naysayers and guess what? We survived and have come out better for it. And now? We are in a conference that has every team's best interest at heart. It's a big change but I, for one, am enjoying it.

Sit back, relax and enjoy yourself. It's a message board...on the internet. Don't worry about the small stuff. (Because it's all petty stuff that isn't that big a deal in the scheme of life).
When the boys hit the field you can let the fur fly.

RE: Recruiting so far - CatMom - 11-30-2013 09:01 PM

Then again, sometimes you try to be the voice of reason and it turns out you're just:

[Image: deadhorse.gif]

Recruiting so far - Check Yosef - 11-30-2013 09:20 PM

(11-30-2013 08:50 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 08:39 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  Again, it's on them. As soon as they quit talking trash about other programs who have accomplished ANYTHING I will be happier. As long as they are delusional and condescending, I will revel in every bit of their well deserved failure.

I've been on here 18 months and I think we have 2/3 GSU posters. I read just about every thread. I think you're just pissed off and can't let it go. I don't recall any thread or posts you're referencing.

There's been an awful lot of App and GaSouth chest thumping the past year but the rest of us aren't getting all bent about it.

You have no idea what TXST went through as an FCS ( because, basically, we sucked) and again as we moved up. You know what? We managed, we took our lumps. We took the insults from the naysayers and guess what? We survived and have come out better for it. And now? We are in a conference that has every team's best interest at heart. It's a big change but I, for one, am enjoying it.

Sit back, relax and enjoy yourself. It's a message board...on the internet. Don't worry about the small stuff. (Because it's all petty stuff that isn't that big a deal in the scheme of life).
When the boys hit the field you can let the fur fly.

Well app has only done a little chest thumping and it wasn't ever without some sort of information behind it and was never as far as I saw against the SBC, then again I'm mainly talking about what I have said and read, the one time I decided to thump my chest it was about UNCC being that they are so nearby I felt inclined to tell the true story behind the two teams w/l ratios this year and was quickly berated, mainly by WKU and TX state was respectful and understood where I was coming from. Pretty much what I'm saying is app is lumped in a lot with geo south when someone at geo south does say something off the wall, and I would like to say that I root hard for all SBC teams in OOC and have been rooting for geo state all season as I wanted them to atleast taste victory once.

RE: Recruiting so far - Saint3333 - 11-30-2013 10:23 PM

When App and GA St. were vying for an FBS invite two of their fans were obnoxious. Going 0fer has quieted them along with App and GSU joining.

RE: Recruiting so far - hapapp - 12-01-2013 03:06 PM

P/K AJ Wells has decommitted and it looks like he will sign with MTSU. Said he wanted to go somewhere where he would have a chance to start as a freshmen. Not likely to replace Critcher as the punter. Not sure about PK duties with Stewart graduation.

RE: Recruiting so far - ManOnABuffalo - 12-01-2013 05:56 PM

(11-30-2013 10:23 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  When App and GA St. were vying for an FBS invite two of their fans were obnoxious. Going 0fer has quieted them along with App and GSU joining.

Yes, I remember those times.....they sought to rub their invite into the SBC into App and Southern's faces.

Since the invites of App and Southern along with the O-fer season things have significantly mellowed out in the Underground of downtown Atlanta.

RE: Recruiting so far - Saint3333 - 12-01-2013 07:07 PM

Recruiting update. App received a verbal today from a Juco DT that held offers from stAte, Troy, and USA.

19 verbals so far.

QB - 2
RB - 1
WR - 3
TE - 1
OL - 3
DL - 4
LB - 3
DB - 2