CSNbbs
Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... (/thread-664294.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Miami (Oh) Yeah ! - 11-30-2013 07:40 AM

NIU perhaps breathing a sigh of relief after Fresno loses, but BG is likely their toughest opponent they'll face all year. We already know their defense is great and they have only gave up 6 pts per game in the last 4 games and now their QB Matt Johnson is red-hot and they are averaging 45+ per game. They have the offensive capability of NIU but their defense is better.

I'm rooting for NIU so the conference gets some extra $ and notoriety, but I have a feeling BG spoils the show.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - numbersdontlie - 11-30-2013 07:43 AM

I don't see how BG is better than Iowa. That said I think it will be a close and competitive game.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - H2Oville Rocket - 11-30-2013 08:08 AM

(11-30-2013 07:40 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  NIU perhaps breathing a sigh of relief after Fresno loses, but BG is likely their toughest opponent they'll face all year. We already know their defense is great and they have only gave up 6 pts per game in the last 4 games and now their QB Matt Johnson is red-hot and they are averaging 45+ per game. They have the offensive capability of NIU but their defense is better.

I'm rooting for NIU so the conference gets some extra $ and notoriety, but I have a feeling BG spoils the show.

Actually, slightly less than 45 points per game for the last four, of which only Miami has a perfect record like NIU. Well, not EXACTLY like NIU. The others were EMU, and they aren't really a top drawer MAC team, OU which is the biggest disappointment in the MAC (with, arguably, Toledo) and a Buffalo team that gave up thirty in the first HALF against the third best team in NIU's division.. Won't say it can't happen-both yeams are firing on all cylinders, but it would be a major upset.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - BarsemaBone2 - 11-30-2013 08:24 AM

Iowa finished 4th in the Big Ten this season. BG lost to Indiana. So, kinda hard to make the argument they're the best team NIU has faced all season.

One of the best? Absolutely. The best? No.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - DrTorch - 11-30-2013 08:45 AM

When has BG won a big game under Clawson?

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Eagle66 - 11-30-2013 08:53 AM

(11-30-2013 08:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  When has BG won a big game under Clawson?

Yesterday was probably the biggest.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - owen - 11-30-2013 08:54 AM

(11-30-2013 08:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  When has BG won a big game under Clawson?

First time for everything.

They have never been in any game this big under Clawson either.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Bobcat110 - 11-30-2013 10:08 AM

Hope not. Didn't BG lose at home to Toledo?

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - NIU32 - 11-30-2013 10:30 AM

Its gonna be a great game. NIU always plays tight games in the MACC. Here's to hoping Jordan Lynch wills the Huskies to victory and doesnt let them lose. Also, hopefully NIU has all of their guys back, i think we had atleast 5 or 6 starters sit the last couple weeks

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Love and Honor - 11-30-2013 10:52 AM

This is going to be one of those 'win and lose a s**t ton of money' games that you occasionally see in a championship game. USM did just that a few years ago, as did Buffalo.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Zig - 11-30-2013 10:54 AM

Clawson has only had a few really big games at BG. While most have been pretty close, his teams have typically fallen just short.

2009 vs. Mizzou (20-27): Up by 7 at the start of the 4th quarter.

2009 vs. Idaho (42-43): Up by 7 with less than 1 minute to play...

2012 vs. Florida (14-27): Down by 3 at the start of the 4th quarter.

2012 vs. Kent (24-31): Down by 7 with 8 minutes left in regulation. Did not score again.

2013 vs. Miss St. (20-21): Down by 1 in the 3rd quarter. Did not score again.

2013 vs. Toledo (25-28): Up by 4 with 6 minutes left in regulation.

The biggest game a Clawson team has ever won is likely this year's Buffalo game. It bodes well for the MACC game, but I'm still being realistic based on history. BG will come close, but that's about all I can say.

I suppose we're going to have to bet BG's defense is just a notch better than Iowa's. The biggest reason I think BG is the strict underdog is because Gabe Martin is out. Otherwise I feel like the teams would be fairly even.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - wleakr - 11-30-2013 11:29 AM

(11-30-2013 10:52 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  This is going to be one of those 'win and lose a s**t ton of money' games that you occasionally see in a championship game. USM did just that a few years ago, as did Buffalo.

Yep..it could happen again...coaches have incentives in their contract to win the conference title, so I'm expecting BGSU to put out a good effort...

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - epasnoopy - 11-30-2013 11:55 AM

I was worried about Ball State and Toledo and sure enough our team pulled through.

I'm not doubting this team anymore. There is a reason why we are undefeated and have won so many big games. This team simply knows how to win.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Redwingtom - 11-30-2013 12:08 PM

(11-30-2013 10:54 AM)Zig Wrote:  Clawson has only had a few really big games at BG. While most have been pretty close, his teams have typically fallen just short.

2009 vs. Mizzou (20-27): Up by 7 at the start of the 4th quarter.

2009 vs. Idaho (42-43): Up by 7 with less than 1 minute to play...

2012 vs. Florida (14-27): Down by 3 at the start of the 4th quarter.

2012 vs. Kent (24-31): Down by 7 with 8 minutes left in regulation. Did not score again.

2013 vs. Miss St. (20-21): Down by 1 in the 3rd quarter. Did not score again.

2013 vs. Toledo (25-28): Up by 4 with 6 minutes left in regulation.

The biggest game a Clawson team has ever won is likely this year's Buffalo game. It bodes well for the MACC game, but I'm still being realistic based on history. BG will come close, but that's about all I can say.

I suppose we're going to have to bet BG's defense is just a notch better than Iowa's. The biggest reason I think BG is the strict underdog is because Gabe Martin is out. Otherwise I feel like the teams would be fairly even.

I'd also like to have Gallon.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - EmeryZach - 11-30-2013 12:57 PM

Just let Jordan handle it.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - El Grande Flippero - 11-30-2013 01:12 PM

I hope Justin Ford can play...he's not Gabe Martin, but he's a quality rover. If we have to plug Sutton in there, it hurts our depth at DB

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Miami (Oh) Yeah ! - 11-30-2013 01:50 PM

Just to be clear, I want NIU to win and I think Matt Johnson has grown better and better. I also think Iowa "now" is much better than week 1. Iowa is better than Bg now but bg "now" is better than iowa was when NIU faced them.

I look for a close game and the MAC is in the Fiesta.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - NIU05 - 11-30-2013 02:18 PM

Ball St was the best team we have played. We were fortunate to escape with the W. BG is the 3rd monster game in 4 weeks for us, very difficult to win them all. The greatest trait of this team is they are relentless, they just keep making plays down the stretch.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - Siborg - 11-30-2013 02:36 PM

Back in 2002-4 we played each year both having good teams. the first two were with one team being undefeated, both lost.

2002 6-3 NIU 26-17 over 8-0 BG with Garret Wolf having his coming out party.
2003 6-1 BG 34-18 over 7-0 NIU ESPN college gameday
2004 no undefeated team but NIU won 34-17, both teams ended up 9-3.

I thought we were building a nice little rivalry and then BG was moved back to the east. time to renew that trend and have the dog win (underdog that is).

Hopefully its a good game, best offense against the best defense.

RE: Gotta feeling BG beats NIU..... - BruceMcF - 11-30-2013 03:21 PM

On this year ... NIU shouldn't be a dominant favorite, so BG may well win this game, but IMV the NIU offense has enough arrows in its quiver to handle BG even without dominating the line of scrimmage. But if Lynch gets butter fingers, or the NIU defense has a particularly bad day, there could well be an upset.