CSNbbs
Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play (/thread-664129.html)

Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - orangefan - 11-29-2013 02:36 PM

Mississippi St.'s win over Ole Miss last evening appears to take the BBVA Compass Bowl out of play for the ACC. A few prognosticators had our 10th team in the BBVA. The SEC will now fill all of their slots except the Advocare Bowl in Shreveport, where their opponent is from the ACC, so that slot would not appear to be an option for the ACC.

Other prognosticators have the uncommitted ACC school in the Little Caesar's Bowl in Detroit. I think the SBC may have a contract to supply the B1G's replacement, so I don't know if the prognosticators have better or worse information than I do on this.

The Heart of Dallas Bowl and the Pointsettia Bowls will need schools, but the ACC will be competing with the Pac 12 for those slots.

Finally, the Beef O Brady's slot will be available. The payout is quite low, but this may be where our uncommitted school (or one of our two uncommitted schools if Syracuse beats BC) ends up.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - CollegeCard - 11-29-2013 04:27 PM

(11-29-2013 02:36 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Mississippi St.'s win over Ole Miss last evening appears to take the BBVA Compass Bowl out of play for the ACC. A few prognosticators had our 10th team in the BBVA.

Pitt fans = 01-donnankungfu

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - orangefan - 11-29-2013 08:41 PM

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl now off the table with San Jose in over Fresno.

Troy is also now bowl eligible with its win over Texas State. The SBC may start locking up any provisional slots that it has under contract.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - Hokie Mark - 11-29-2013 09:20 PM

with Fresno St going down, that means we are an NIU loss away from freeing up another BCS at-large bid...

Go Bowling Green!

* note: regardless of who gets the BCS bid, it frees up a bowl somewhere.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - Ole Blue - 11-29-2013 10:42 PM

No more freaking BBVA bowl for Pitt. I am elated.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - orangefan - 11-30-2013 09:49 AM

(11-29-2013 10:42 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  No more freaking BBVA bowl for Pitt. I am elated.

If Rutgers loses out, the AAC slot in the BBVA could still come open!!!

Regarding the Sun Belt, this article explains their situation as a backup in the Advocare, Little Caesars, and Beef O Brady's Bowls. http://www.troymessenger.com/2013/11/27/bowl-predictions-troy-needs-help-from-other-teams-to-get-a-bowl-bid/ Basically, they had previously locked up the Advocare slot opened by the SEC. Troy's win now takes the Little Caesars out of play. If ULM defeats ULL or USA wins out, that could also tie up the Beef O Brady's. There are going to be a number of bowl eligible schools without bids. Go ULL!

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - jaminandjachin - 11-30-2013 10:11 AM

This will get even more interesting if Syracuse wins today and adds another conference bowl team. Somebody is getting left out.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - westmc9th - 11-30-2013 10:56 AM

There are more bowl eligible teams than there are bowls available, if you want your team to make a bowl root for NC state to beat Maryland as the ACC has some say in who the bowls will pick with our selections.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - ndlutz - 11-30-2013 12:05 PM

I wonder if Pitt could play in a bowl game not in Birmingham.

RE: Mississippi St. win takes BBVA Compass Bowl out of play - orangefan - 11-30-2013 10:34 PM

And ULM won, giving the SBC yet another bowl eligible school. Look for them in the Beef o Brady's 03-banghead