CSNbbs
GameDay: Cleveland State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: GameDay: Cleveland State (/thread-661559.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

GameDay: Cleveland State - emu steve - 11-18-2013 05:23 AM

Don't know much about Gary Waters' team, but starting the thread...

http://csuvikings.com/sports/m-baskbl/2013-14/releases/20131117w1ddpy

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - emu steve - 11-18-2013 05:43 AM

Game is a pick em in Vegas.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

Curious what the line was for Robert Morris?

Will we draw 1k for this game?

Will students turn out on a Monday nighy?

I guessed there were around 200 in the student area behind the south end basket. Probably others scattered elsewhere for the RMU game.

It would be nice to get 500 students for games vs Central, Toledo, etc.

Hoping for some nice crowds this year, even w/out a Purdue on the schedule.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EagleSam - 11-18-2013 10:18 AM

This is a solid team. Picked to finish 3rd in a "decent, but not as good as it used to be" Horizon League. Gary Waters is a good coach with tourney (and upset) experience, so Murphy will have his hands full.

Looking at their stats and roster, they appear similar to Robert Morris: perimeter-oriented, not very big, and lots of threes. Jon Harris, if you recall, was at Miami the last few years and always seemed to hit corner threes against us. He's now a graduate transfer at CSU, so it could be déjà vu if he gets open looks.

If we play like we did in the second half of the RMU game, we'll be fine. I'd love to have a better start to this game, but I'm confident that we can pull out another win against a decent opponent.

EMU 70
CSU 66

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EMUAARON - 11-18-2013 10:47 AM

who's going to the game? i'll be there going nuts after every alley-oop to Ward and Bryant.

Steve - re: attendance, i really hope we can get up to the 500 students you're talking about. during that Concordia game it was so quiet during our free throws that i could hear the buzzing from the screens on the scoreboard. that's messed up. the basketball band showing up in Jan will help liven up the atmosphere, but we need some asses in seats. to this end, i'm curious about our reach. if we somehow got off to an 8-3 start and had good showing against one or two of Duke, Syracuse and Kentucky, how many people would even hear about it? who is receiving that message? i'm particularly curious about the people i graduated with in '05 who still show up to homecoming games but don't follow the football or basketball teams. how do those people even find out that there's some momentum with the basketball team?

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - emu steve - 11-18-2013 01:02 PM

Maybe 50 folks cheering on CLE ST?

I hope more locals from S.E. MI turn out for a Midwest team with a lot of Detroit

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - McKinley - 11-18-2013 01:09 PM

(11-18-2013 10:47 AM)EMUAARON Wrote:  who's going to the game? i'll be there going nuts after every alley-oop to Ward and Bryant.

Steve - re: attendance, i really hope we can get up to the 500 students you're talking about. during that Concordia game it was so quiet during our free throws that i could hear the buzzing from the screens on the scoreboard. that's messed up. the basketball band showing up in Jan will help liven up the atmosphere, but we need some asses in seats. to this end, i'm curious about our reach. if we somehow got off to an 8-3 start and had good showing against one or two of Duke, Syracuse and Kentucky, how many people would even hear about it? who is receiving that message? i'm particularly curious about the people i graduated with in '05 who still show up to homecoming games but don't follow the football or basketball teams. how do those people even find out that there's some momentum with the basketball team?

I am a proud 1986 EMU graduate. We are out here and now have something to support and cheer about.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - emu steve - 11-18-2013 01:15 PM

(11-18-2013 01:09 PM)McKinley Wrote:  
(11-18-2013 10:47 AM)EMUAARON Wrote:  who's going to the game? i'll be there going nuts after every alley-oop to Ward and Bryant.

I am a proud 1986 EMU graduate. We are out here and now have something to support and cheer about.

Welcome. This was your 1st post.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EMUAARON - 11-18-2013 01:26 PM

(11-18-2013 01:09 PM)McKinley Wrote:  

Hey McKinley! glad to hear from a new voice re: EMU sports. i assume that you get your info from this board. where else? facebook? AnnArbor.com? Detroit News?

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - realistEagle - 11-18-2013 03:24 PM

A little off topic, but you guys have to see this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC3qbKA1QzI

Can't wait to play these guys.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - greenandwhiteeagle - 11-18-2013 04:32 PM

My family is going (+4). Proud 1999 graduate here. This team is fun to watch and cheer for. Lets go Green......

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EagleSam - 11-18-2013 04:54 PM

Nice to see some new blood! Glad our basketball team is getting some love...they look like they'll be an exciting bunch, at the very least.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - emu steve - 11-18-2013 05:14 PM

(11-18-2013 04:32 PM)greenandwhiteeagle Wrote:  My family is going (+4). Proud 1999 graduate here. This team is fun to watch and cheer for. Lets go Green......

Great.

Hoopster is also coming.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - greenandwhiteeagle - 11-18-2013 05:17 PM

Eastern needs to get off to a great start by not turning the ball over and getting behind like the Robert Morris game (first 10 minutes). Also pass the ball inside to Riley in the first few minutes so the defense will stay home. The three pointers will come in bunches. Go EMU! Eastern by 14 tonight.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EagleSam - 11-18-2013 05:31 PM

(11-18-2013 05:17 PM)greenandwhiteeagle Wrote:  Eastern needs to get off to a great start by not turning the ball over and getting behind like the Robert Morris game (first 10 minutes). Also pass the ball inside to Riley in the first few minutes so the defense will stay home. The three pointers will come in bunches. Go EMU! Eastern by 14 tonight.

Sure hope you're right. I think we'll do better than the 1/10 effort from 3 that we put up against RMU. If Riley is listless again, he'll be on another short leash, as Ajayi will be hard to keep on the bench.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - realistEagle - 11-18-2013 07:14 PM

Nice start by Riley, intense game so far. Ray, or should I say Raven forcing the issue a little too much early on here.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EagleSam - 11-18-2013 07:41 PM

Can't find much offense outside of Ward right now. Lucky to only be down 2 at the 4:00 timeout.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - Ken Barna - 11-18-2013 07:51 PM

Dear Friends,
Game score at half time: Eastern 32 Cleveland State 35.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - emussuperfan - 11-18-2013 07:56 PM

EMU had a 16 - 10 lead and it has been mostly CSU game since then.

GameDay: Cleveland State - TheWoodenNickle - 11-18-2013 08:02 PM

Poor shooting, poor shot selection, careless ball handling, and crappy defensive rebounding. Other than that EMU has looked good.

RE: GameDay: Cleveland State - EagleSam - 11-18-2013 08:03 PM

Haven't watched the game, only followed on my phone...Talley isn't hurt, is he? Barely played in the first half and isn't in foul trouble. Odd.