CSNbbs
MT Hoops Home Reg Season Winning Streak at 33 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: MT Hoops Home Reg Season Winning Streak at 33 (/thread-660640.html)

Pages: 1 2

MT Hoops Home Reg Season Winning Streak at 33 - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-13-2013 10:01 PM

/

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - TeKERaider - 11-13-2013 10:22 PM

It was nice to see the new guys come out of there shell a little tonight. First two games Raymond and Upshaw looked nervous. They looked solid tonight. Kerry still seems like he is not quite 100% but rapidly improving. This team could end up being exciting.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - MTowho - 11-13-2013 10:32 PM

I buy the hype on Upshaw. He can do it all.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-13-2013 10:39 PM

I have come to the point that if you're not playing true freshman who deserve to be in the lineup in college basketball you're probably not going to compete. I'm pretty excited about Upshaw. You can tell he doesn't look like a freshman.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - Niner National - 11-13-2013 10:40 PM

Watched much of the game. Wasn't very impressed. Hopefully it was just a bad night.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - MTowho - 11-13-2013 10:51 PM

(11-13-2013 10:40 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Watched much of the game. Wasn't very impressed. Hopefully it was just a bad night.

We're heartbroken, I promise you. I'll agree that the first half was pretty atrocious. Our athleticism showed a little more in the second half once we figured out how to break down their zone.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-13-2013 10:54 PM

(11-13-2013 10:40 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Watched much of the game. Wasn't very impressed. Hopefully it was just a bad night.

More lack of cohesion is what I see at this point. They've won the first two just on sheer athleticism. We'll see what happens.

Tougher part of the non-conf schedule is approaching with Akron, Murray, Florida, Ole Miss and Cincinnati all on the slate between now and Christmas, so we'll see if they come together before the end of this stretch.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - Niner National - 11-13-2013 10:58 PM

Good luck with that stretch. That'll really show us what MT is all about this year. That's a pretty tough stretch of games.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - TOPPERSonTOP - 11-14-2013 03:04 AM

(11-13-2013 10:54 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

More lack of cohesion is what I see at this point. They've won the first two just on sheer athleticism. We'll see what happens.

Tougher part of the non-conf schedule is approaching with Akron, Murray, Florida, Ole Miss and Cincinnati all on the slate between now and Christmas, so we'll see if they come together before the end of this stretch.

Murray will be garbage this season. The oompa loompa is gone and they had to cut the drugged out walmart assailant.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - KAjunRaider - 11-14-2013 01:24 PM

30 Straight.

A HUGE accomplishment. Very proud of my Blue Raiders.

They also have the longest true road game winning streak in the nation (i.e. not counting neutral court)

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - TOPPERSonTOP - 11-14-2013 04:14 PM

(11-13-2013 10:54 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Murray will be garbage this year. Already dropped a game to Valpo. They graduated the oompa loompa. They also finally parted ways with the walmart assailant. They will struggle mightily.

Ole Miss has cut Henderson haven't they? Cannot remember if this happened or not. Is this game in the boro? I might run down 65 and see the rebs in person if it is before we play them.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - MTowho - 11-14-2013 04:35 PM

(11-14-2013 04:14 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  Murray will be garbage this year. Already dropped a game to Valpo. They graduated the oompa loompa. They also finally parted ways with the walmart assailant. They will struggle mightily.

Ole Miss has cut Henderson haven't they? Cannot remember if this happened or not. Is this game in the boro? I might run down 65 and see the rebs in person if it is before we play them.

No, it's at Ole Miss this season (here last year). Also have Belmont at home in that same stretch. They were the last to beat us at home.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - TOPPERSonTOP - 11-14-2013 04:49 PM

(11-14-2013 04:35 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 04:14 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  Murray will be garbage this year. Already dropped a game to Valpo. They graduated the oompa loompa. They also finally parted ways with the walmart assailant. They will struggle mightily.

No, it's at Ole Miss this season (here last year). Also have Belmont at home in that same stretch. They were the last to beat us at home.

Haven't looked into Belmont this year, we don't play them. You guys should play Vandy this season. I went to their game against GAST, scouting out the new blood. Both teams looked like garbage.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - SpaceRaider - 11-14-2013 05:25 PM

(11-14-2013 04:49 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  

Haven't looked into Belmont this year, we don't play them. You guys should play Vandy this season. I went to their game against GAST, scouting out the new blood. Both teams looked like garbage.

Our five year series with vanderbilt ended last season. After MT beat the commode odors their coach indicated he wanted to give other teams a chance on the vu schedule.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - papa_dawg - 11-14-2013 05:34 PM

That is a fantastic record!!

Right now LT is at 19 straight, the 30th (if we win all up to that point) would be on Feb. 8th vs. North Texas. MTSU on Feb. 28th would be 33 straight if we happen to make it that far.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - MTowho - 11-15-2013 10:43 AM

Now stand alone with the longest home winning streak in the nation. Akron comes in tomorrow afternoon. Should be a good one as they were picked to win the MAC again.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - Jacque - 11-15-2013 10:58 AM

(11-14-2013 05:25 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  

Our five year series with vanderbilt ended last season. After MT beat the commode odors their coach indicated he wanted to give other teams a chance on the vu schedule.

Didn't your team read the fine print of the contract? You aren't supposed to beat Vandy, just give them a little practice. If you beat them they will take their ball and go home.

As to Hendreson being available for your game.... He has been reinstated. Ole Miss basketball has the 9 strikes and you're out policy. If you are a Rebel, you do not get just one at bat, you get a whole inning.

Congrates on the streak.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - SpaceRaider - 11-15-2013 03:41 PM

(11-15-2013 10:58 AM)Jacque Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 05:25 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  

Didn't your team read the fine print of the contract? You aren't supposed to beat Vandy, just give them a little practice. If you beat them they will take their ball and go home.

As to Hendreson being available for your game.... He has been reinstated. Ole Miss basketball has the 9 strikes and you're out policy. If you are a Rebel, you do not get just one at bat, you get a whole inning.

Congrates on the streak.

MT has a shorter streak going against Ole Miss. MT has won the last four straight over ole miss over the decades.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - papa_dawg - 11-15-2013 03:51 PM

(11-15-2013 10:43 AM)MTowho Wrote:  Now stand alone with the longest home winning streak in the nation. Akron comes in tomorrow afternoon. Should be a good one as they were picked to win the MAC again.

I will be stupidly playing the "association game" when you guys play them this weekend to get a gauge on how good you are this year. They lost to St. Mary's by 20+, and we lost by 13.

RE: MT Hoops Home Winning Streak - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-16-2013 04:58 PM

Now up to 31. We played very sloppy today but still came out with a win over a decent Akron team.