CSNbbs
QB Smith's Team Featured - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: QB Smith's Team Featured (/thread-658579.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

QB Smith's Team Featured - Terry - 11-04-2013 11:15 AM

In friday's Detroit Free Press, a front page sports article featuring Ithica high school going for their 4th straight state championship. They are led by commit QB Travis Smith. He (they) have not lost a high school game.

(i don't know how to link it, sorry)

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Rocket65 - 11-04-2013 11:53 AM

Here's the link:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013310310161

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - RangerRocket - 11-04-2013 12:10 PM

Dang, drove right past that staudium on the way to to CMU earlier this year. Didn't put 2+2 together.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Toledo Football 1st - 11-04-2013 10:12 PM

Beautiful thing they're doing up there. Glad the story included some pics of the stadium. What a greate fb story.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - inductchuck16 - 11-04-2013 10:19 PM

Winners are always welcomed here in Toledo! Now we just have to snag some of those winners over on Cherry Street in our own backyard.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - UofToledoFans - 11-05-2013 01:12 PM

Who does Central have??

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Boca Rocket - 11-05-2013 02:38 PM

(11-05-2013 01:12 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Who does Central have??

Chris Green

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - inductchuck16 - 11-06-2013 09:37 PM

(11-05-2013 01:12 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Who does Central have??

7 current players on their team are D1 recruits.

The players who have yet to commit:

Class of '14
ATH- Derich Weiland (has an offer from Kent State) Would love to see Toledo offer this kid, very special player
LB/ RB Paul Moses (offers from Nebraska, Toledo, Miami (OH), Akron)

Class of '15
LB- Chris Green (ranked #91 in the nation in the ESPN top 300, offers from Toledo, Penn St, Kentucky, bgsuCKS, WMU)
OL- Ramon Miles (offers from Toledo, bgsuCKS, Akron)
DB- Charles Smith (no offers yet but I've read on recruiting sites where he is on the verge of his 1st offer)

They've also got a sophomore running back in Tre'Von Wade who has been superb this year and I guarantee he will get offers.

Lots of great local talent, not only at Central Catholic, but elsewhere too.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Terry - 11-07-2013 05:00 PM

Ithica (10-0) beat Sanford Meridian 36-0 last Friday night.

Smith's team hosts Maple City Glen Lake this Friday night at 7:00 pm.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Terry - 11-20-2013 10:51 AM

Ithaca beat Negaunee 62-34 this past Saturday, and will play Montrose Hill-McCloy in the State Semi Finals at Midland at 2:00 pm this Saturday,

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - eastisbest - 11-20-2013 09:56 PM

Smith made Detroit News top five for player of the year. Final voting still to be done. They'll be hard pressed not to give it to Jayru Campbell of Cass Tech (Witcher) but quite an accomplishment for Smith to make top five.

Player of the Year Candidates

BTW: why does meatchicken have a better high school sports web site than Ohio. Mlive is a great site. Not seen anything that measures up to it, in Ohio.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - eastisbest - 11-23-2013 07:59 PM

Cut it close

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - NewMex RocketFan - 11-23-2013 09:02 PM

I watched Villanova miss a field goal that was oh so close to keep "the streak" intact and left some of the Widlcats players crying, really. THAT was cutting it close too.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - eastisbest - 11-24-2013 06:16 AM

(11-23-2013 09:02 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  I watched Villanova miss a field goal that was oh so close to keep "the streak" intact and left some of the Widlcats players crying, really. THAT was cutting it close too.

I still remember listening to that one on the radio.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Aries_Rocket - 11-24-2013 09:30 AM

I apologize for going off-topic, but I tried to listen to the CC-Clay game on Friday and there wasn't any radio coverage. Has high school football in NW Ohio lost some of its luster? I used to listen to hs games on Friday all the time.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - eastisbest - 11-24-2013 10:15 AM

FWIW: Smith's team is the only one still standing of Mlive's top five candidates for their Mr. Football. Cass Tech's mostly local Detroit Public schedule seems to have caught up with them this year. Catholic Central didn't have much trouble with them.

(11-24-2013 09:30 AM)Aries_Rocket Wrote:  I apologize for going off-topic, but I tried to listen to the CC-Clay game on Friday and there wasn't any radio coverage. Has high school football in NW Ohio lost some of its luster? I used to listen to hs games on Friday all the time.

CC-Clay? That was at least a month ago. HS football just finished regional finals.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Toledo Football 1st - 11-24-2013 12:40 PM

Ithaca (13-0) won their semi-final 21-20.

You can watch a replay HERE

Ithaca will play 13-0 Clinton for the MHSAA Div. 6 championship at 4:30p on Friday, 11/29 at Ford Field.

Ithaca and Clinton have both been high scoring teams throughout the tournament, although it is noteworthy that Clinton won their semifinal 49-3. Ithaca's defense would seem to have their work cut out for them this time.

Hopefully the championship will be streamed at the same website as the replay above.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Rocket75 - 11-24-2013 12:46 PM

The QB competition should be great next year. We have a guy (Smith) who wins every games like Ealey and a transfer from Alabama (Ely) who pronounces his name like Ealey. Add in a tough kid with a year of experience (Woodside) and a highly touted and skilled recruit from South Carolina (Julian). My guess is that Ely starts the season as #1 but there are too many variables to know for sure.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - emanoh - 11-24-2013 01:18 PM

QB is getting crowded. I suspect we may have a transfer out from one or two from this group.

RE: QB Smith's Team Featured - Aries_Rocket - 11-24-2013 01:27 PM

(11-24-2013 10:15 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  FWIW: Smith's team is the only one still standing of Mlive's top five candidates for their Mr. Football. Cass Tech's mostly local Detroit Public schedule seems to have caught up with them this year. Catholic Central didn't have much trouble with them.

(11-24-2013 09:30 AM)Aries_Rocket Wrote:  I apologize for going off-topic, but I tried to listen to the CC-Clay game on Friday and there wasn't any radio coverage. Has high school football in NW Ohio lost some of its luster? I used to listen to hs games on Friday all the time.

CC-Clay? That was at least a month ago. HS football just finished regional finals.

Sorry, I meant Clyde.