CSNbbs
NBA Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: NBA Discussion thread (/thread-657531.html)

Pages: 1 2

NBA Discussion thread - stever20 - 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Just starting this one up.

It'll be interesting to see how the NBA changes with Stern leaving in Feb. Hopefully the reffing will get better...

do like them going to the 2-2-1-1-1 format. I think it's funny folks saying that it's gonna favor the favorite, but I think in a lot of ways, it helps the underdog a lot more- if they're up 3-1, they get 1st chance on the road and then get game 6 at home.

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 10-29-2013 01:11 PM

I'm stoked, been waiting for my Thunder to come back. Can't wait for our first game tomorrow. Was really hoping to watch the Bulls-Heat tonight, but I'm gonna miss the whole game

RE: NBA Discussion thread - stever20 - 10-29-2013 01:30 PM

My Wizards are gonna be huge this year.. Gonna take advantage of a weak schedule(we go 5 weeks without playing a winning team).....

err. who am I kidding. The Wizards will be lucky if we can make the playoffs. Do like the trade we did last weekend though :)

RE: NBA Discussion thread - gsu95 - 10-29-2013 01:51 PM

I'm a longtime Hawks fan and hope to see some improvement under new coach, but not happy Josh Smith is gone. My opinion it took too much blame for the bad times and never got enough credit for his part when Hawks fared well. Wish the guy well in Detroit.

As I see it, the Heat are still favorites to win it all as long as they have Lebron.

RE: NBA Discussion thread - stever20 - 10-29-2013 01:59 PM

yeah I think I'd take the Heat in the east. out west it's wide open. I think it's between Rockets/Thunder out west. I'll say Rockets as not sure about Westbrook's injury. I think Howard is gonna have a huge year.

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 10-29-2013 02:43 PM

(10-29-2013 01:30 PM)stever20 Wrote:  My Wizards are gonna be huge this year.. Gonna take advantage of a weak schedule(we go 5 weeks without playing a winning team).....

err. who am I kidding. The Wizards will be lucky if we can make the playoffs. Do like the trade we did last weekend though :)

I think the Wizards have a decent shot at the 7 or 8 seed. They'll be battling teams like the Bucks, Pistons and Hawks. if Nene and Wall stay healthy they'll have a very good starting 5

RE: NBA Discussion thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-29-2013 03:59 PM

Best I can do is ..

East

Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Knicks are tops IMO. Maybe the Nets but they are really long in the tooth.

West

Thunder, Spurs, Rockets.... after that....

RE: NBA Discussion thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-30-2013 02:44 PM

WELL DA BULLS got owned by the Heat in game 1.

Surprised the Fakers beat the Clipps.

Pacers win. Almost made me put on my Reggie Miller jersey!

RE: NBA Discussion thread - stever20 - 10-30-2013 02:49 PM

Heat looked dominant last night. was really impressed with them.

Lakers I don't know what to think. If the bench can play like that and they can keep the up tempo rolling, they will be fun to watch at least.

Clippers- I think for Doc Rivers- last night probably the best thing in the world that could happen to them.

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 10-30-2013 06:40 PM

(10-30-2013 02:49 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Heat looked dominant last night. was really impressed with them.

and currently getting waxed by the Sixers. Back to backs are so tough sometimes

RE: NBA Discussion thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-30-2013 09:39 PM

(10-30-2013 06:40 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 02:49 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Heat looked dominant last night. was really impressed with them.

DWade out / knee...

RE: NBA Discussion thread - TexanMark - 10-30-2013 09:53 PM

Ever been a better NBA Debut?

Cuse's Michael Carter-Williams (would be a Junior at Cuse this year)

22 points

12 assists

9 steals

7 Rebounds

1 Turnover

as the 76'ers defeat the Defending World Champs

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 10-30-2013 11:02 PM

(10-30-2013 09:39 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 06:40 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

DWade out / knee...

didn't realize that, but man that shouldn't be an excuse. The sixers were supposed to be losing on purpose

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 10-30-2013 11:03 PM

(10-30-2013 09:53 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Ever been a better NBA Debut?

Cuse's Michael Carter-Williams (would be a Junior at Cuse this year)

22 points

12 assists

9 steals

7 Rebounds

1 Turnover

as the 76'ers defeat the Defending World Champs

I was a fan of that trade. MCW is a dynamic PG with great size and I thought Jrue Holliday had hit his ceiling. Nerlens Noel doesn't have to be a great offensive player next season, he just needs to play good D

RE: NBA Discussion thread - TexanMark - 10-30-2013 11:19 PM

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/10/former_syracuse_guard_michael_3.html#incart_m-rpt-2

RE: NBA Discussion thread - Lush - 11-01-2013 12:52 PM

(10-29-2013 01:51 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  I'm a longtime Hawks fan and hope to see some improvement under new coach, but not happy Josh Smith is gone. My opinion it took too much blame for the bad times and never got enough credit for his part when Hawks fared well. Wish the guy well in Detroit.

As I see it, the Heat are still favorites to win it all as long as they have Lebron.

the hawks were one of the few teams i liked. i wished josh smith would have stayed or gone to my spurs. but that denis schroeder is going to be something i imagine. as much as i love my spurs (been a fan since the admiral), f*cking ray allen probably the nicest guy outside of tim duncan sealed the door of a fantastic voyage. the spurs build in house but i doubt you can build a franchise around kawhi leonard, as good as he is.

my second team is the pacers only because of lance stephenson. suck on that swoosh

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 11-01-2013 01:41 PM

(11-01-2013 12:52 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 01:51 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  I'm a longtime Hawks fan and hope to see some improvement under new coach, but not happy Josh Smith is gone. My opinion it took too much blame for the bad times and never got enough credit for his part when Hawks fared well. Wish the guy well in Detroit.

my second team is the pacers only because of lance stephenson. suck on that swoosh

meh, i'm over that

RE: NBA Discussion thread - Lush - 11-01-2013 01:57 PM

(11-01-2013 01:41 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

meh, i'm over that

you jerks got christopher obekpa. i would rather have him as a collegian than lance since we knew lance was going to only stay a year (and we weren't good). and christopher is an eraser.

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 11-01-2013 05:25 PM

(11-01-2013 01:57 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 01:41 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

meh, i'm over that

you jerks got christopher obekpa. i would rather have him as a collegian than lance since we knew lance was going to only stay a year (and we weren't good). and christopher is an eraser.

his shot blocking is insane in the membrane

RE: NBA Discussion thread - flyingswoosh - 12-09-2013 07:59 PM

My goodness, john wall is like a blur on the court. Watching the Wizards play the Nuggets and he is all over the floor. He just flew down the court and blocked a shot and then went to the baseline and put in a nice layup. Watching this game it amazes me how much more of the pro game is spent inside the arc, in contrast to the college game which spends most of each possession outside the arc