CSNbbs
7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week (/thread-654396.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 02:32 AM

16 Wash v 2 Oregon - a two loss Wash team should fall behind NIU

25 Mizzu v 7 UGA - if Mizzu gets past a beat up and injured UGA team they will blow past NIU in the rankings and we will be left to wait for their end of season implosion

17 Florida v 10 LSU - a two loss Florida team will fall behind NIU, however a two loss LSU team may stay just above... Depends on how he game is played

12 OU v Texas - Texas is bad but OU is very over rated- OU would fall behind NIU with a loss

18 Mich v Penn St - PS will be hungry to avenge and of awful loss last week and Mich has played down to its competition each week. A loss for Mich = a tick up in the polls for NIU

19 NW v UW - Wissy does not like to loose to NW, this game may be better than the line predicts.

Iowa St v 20 Tx Tech - St is a a big underdog, however they played Tx hard last week and actually should have one... Worth paying attention to either way...

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - wjfoulks - 10-12-2013 03:35 AM

(10-12-2013 02:32 AM)Kulz007 Wrote:  16 Wash v 2 Oregon - a two loss Wash team should fall behind NIU

25 Mizzu v 7 UGA - if Mizzu gets past a beat up and injured UGA team they will blow past NIU in the rankings and we will be left to wait for their end of season implosion

17 Florida v 10 LSU - a two loss Florida team will fall behind NIU, however a two loss LSU team may stay just above... Depends on how he game is played

12 OU v Texas - Texas is bad but OU is very over rated- OU would fall behind NIU with a loss

18 Mich v Penn St - PS will be hungry to avenge and of awful loss last week and Mich has played down to its competition each week. A loss for Mich = a tick up in the polls for NIU

19 NW v UW - Wissy does not like to loose to NW, this game may be better than the line predicts.

Iowa St v 20 Tx Tech - St is a a big underdog, however they played Tx hard last week and actually should have one... Worth paying attention to either way...

I highly doubt Oklahoma, Georgia, or LSU fall behind NIU even with a loss. Michigan or Northwestern losing and maybe NIU jumps up a spot, depending on the final score as both teams are on the road in tough stadiums. I think Washington would still stay above NIU as voters would take into consideration who they are playing. The only one I would almost be certain of NIU jumping would be Texas Tech if they lost. Voters, especially the coaches, will carry a little bias against NIU, and to an extent Fresno St, based on last year.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 03:45 AM

(10-12-2013 03:35 AM)wjfoulks Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 02:32 AM)Kulz007 Wrote:  16 Wash v 2 Oregon - a two loss Wash team should fall behind NIU

I highly doubt Oklahoma, Georgia, or LSU fall behind NIU even with a loss. Michigan or Northwestern losing and maybe NIU jumps up a spot, depending on the final score as both teams are on the road in tough stadiums. I think Washington would still stay above NIU as voters would take into consideration who they are playing. The only one I would almost be certain of NIU jumping would be Texas Tech if they lost. Voters, especially the coaches, will carry a little bias against NIU, and to an extent Fresno St, based on last year.

Guess we will agree to disagree. You are correct about UGa and LSU not falling behind NIU- but that is also what I said in my post. If OU looses to an unranked bad TX team they will fall hard. The only reason they are ranked as high as they currently are is because voters could not get past the OU traditional bias until they rack up a loss. If you think that a 2 loss washington team will stay ahead of NIU you must have them confused with a team that gets the automatic benefit of the doubt like OU or LSU- which they are not.

Here's hoping for some good losses at the middle and top of the polls and a solid Huskie win!

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - wjfoulks - 10-12-2013 03:52 AM

(10-12-2013 03:45 AM)Kulz007 Wrote:  

Guess we will agree to disagree. You are correct about UGa and LSU not falling behind NIU- but that is also what I said in my post. If OU looses to an unranked bad TX team they will fall hard. The only reason they are ranked as high as they currently are is because voters could not get past the OU traditional bias until they rack up a loss. If you think that a 2 loss washington team will stay ahead of NIU you must have them confused with a team that gets the automatic benefit of the doubt like OU or LSU- which they are not.

Here's hoping for some good losses at the middle and top of the polls and a solid Huskie win!

I hope you're right but I just don't put much faith in the voters when it comes to mid-majors. Keep in mind, Northwestern only dropped 3 or 4 spots when losing to Ohio St. Oregon is a better team so even in Washington drops 3-4, that puts them in 19-20 range. Barring a lot of help, I'd be shocked if a win over Akron, even by a wide margin, nets NIU a jump higher than 1-2 spots.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 03:57 AM

NW should have won, and it was their first loss. Voters have more patience when you loss a game toa good team. When you loose a second game they don't care who nearly as much who it's against particularly when you loose two weeks in a row in conference.

We shall see.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - niubrad00 - 10-12-2013 07:07 AM

Automatic benefit. Uh huh.

Washington is a very good team and they will not fall much (if at all) by losing to Oregon if it's a competitive game. If Oregon beats them 66-20, different story.

There is also zero chance that Georgia or LSU fall behind us this weekend. Zero. You're also ignoring the fact that Mizzou would leapfrog us if they beat UGA. Go Bulldogs. Oklahoma probably wouldn't fall behind us either.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - NIUHuskie - 10-12-2013 07:34 AM

(10-12-2013 03:52 AM)wjfoulks Wrote:  

I hope you're right but I just don't put much faith in the voters when it comes to mid-majors. Keep in mind, Northwestern only dropped 3 or 4 spots when losing to Ohio St. Oregon is a better team so even in Washington drops 3-4, that puts them in 19-20 range. Barring a lot of help, I'd be shocked if a win over Akron, even by a wide margin, nets NIU a jump higher than 1-2 spots.

I think these outcomes will help. Tough call on Washington falling behind NIU but you never know. Also, loses by those teams will help the Huskies with the computers...which is a third of the BCS formula.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - huskie88 - 10-12-2013 07:42 AM

I'd be okay with Mizzou jumping us with a win over Georgia because they are going to lose at least three other SEC games and end up behind us. While a two-loss Georgia squad may stay ahead if us, they still have Auburn, Florida, and Georgia Tech. Lose to one of those, and the Huskies are ahead of them!

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - oilgasusa - 10-12-2013 07:52 AM

With luck we could jump into the teens. Fla, NW, Mich, Wash losses- we could jump 4 spots to #19. Also, could jump TT if they get upset. Of course we need to slaughter Akron.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - HuskieJohn - 10-12-2013 08:01 AM

Purdue - Nebraska...you can hope right?
Idaho - stAte...you never know

Other games that could ever so slightly help NIU in the BCS computers...
Virginia - Maryland...would help Ball St computer score
UNT - Mid Tenn...would help Ball St computer score
Tulsa - UTEP...would help BGSU computer score
UNLV - Hawaii...would help CMU computer score
Oregon St - Wash...would help EWU score which would help Toledo

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - NIU17 - 10-12-2013 09:10 AM

(10-12-2013 07:42 AM)huskie88 Wrote:  

I'd be okay with Mizzou jumping us with a win over Georgia because they are going to lose at least three other SEC games and end up behind us. While a two-loss Georgia squad may stay ahead if us, they still have Auburn, Florida, and Georgia Tech. Lose to one of those, and the Huskies are ahead of them!
+1. Go Mizzou. We have to be patient. If they beat Georgia, it will be better for us in the long run. Both teams will have 3 losses by year end.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 09:42 AM

(10-12-2013 07:07 AM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

Automatic benefit. Uh huh.

Washington is a very good team and they will not fall much (if at all) by losing to Oregon if it's a competitive game. If Oregon beats them 66-20, different story.

There is also zero chance that Georgia or LSU fall behind us this weekend. Zero. You're also ignoring the fact that Mizzou would leapfrog us if they beat UGA. Go Bulldogs. Oklahoma probably wouldn't fall behind us either.

Not sure where we disagree excerpt on the OU part...

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - RobertN - 10-12-2013 12:56 PM

Missouri is beating up Georgia 28-10 at half.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - thetachihuskie - 10-12-2013 01:11 PM

Texas 23 Okla. 10 at the half.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 01:35 PM

(10-12-2013 12:56 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Missouri is beating up Georgia 28-10 at half.

These are all good things!

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - Kulz007 - 10-12-2013 01:38 PM

(10-12-2013 12:56 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Missouri is beating up Georgia 28-10 at half.

UGA making a game of it... 20-28

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - thetachihuskie - 10-12-2013 01:47 PM

Texas 29 Okla. 13.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - thetachihuskie - 10-12-2013 01:51 PM

Texas pouring it on 36-13. Crybaby Stoops having a rough day. 4th quarter.

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - nbcards - 10-12-2013 01:56 PM

Georgia just scored but missed 2 point conversion 28-26 mizzou leading

RE: 7 non MAC games to pay attention to this week - niubrad00 - 10-12-2013 01:58 PM

(10-12-2013 01:35 PM)Kulz007 Wrote:  

These are all good things!

No.