CSNbbs
Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener (/thread-653055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Blazer85 - 10-05-2013 06:45 PM

I don't think our expectations are too high. We were predicted to win this game and it was FAU. We shouldn't be okay with losing to FAU. Period.

If people were losing it over a loss to LSU I would say you're right. But bottom line is we shouldn't have lost to FAU.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - FNblazer - 10-05-2013 06:46 PM

Correct. The folks in Vegas don't expect us to lose by two TDs...so why should we?

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Memphis Blazer - 10-05-2013 07:12 PM

(10-05-2013 06:45 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  I don't think our expectations are too high. We were predicted to win this game and it was FAU. We shouldn't be okay with losing to FAU. Period.

If people were losing it over a loss to LSU I would say you're right. But bottom line is we shouldn't have lost to FAU.

People were losing it over a loss to LSU.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - rook360 - 10-05-2013 07:17 PM

(10-05-2013 07:12 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 06:45 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  I don't think our expectations are too high. We were predicted to win this game and it was FAU. We shouldn't be okay with losing to FAU. Period.

So when are we allowed to "lose it".04-drinky05-duck

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Shrack - 10-05-2013 07:18 PM

I don't see why the vegas line would even be set that way. Florida Atlantic has played much better in virtually all of their games than UAB has. The only thing holding FAU back in conference play has been turnovers. UAB has a pretty mediocre/bad offense and it's barely better than FAUs if any at all. However, FAU's defense is light years ahead of UABs.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Uncle BLAZER - 10-05-2013 07:19 PM

(10-05-2013 07:12 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

This is why.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - LPDragon - 10-05-2013 07:49 PM

(10-05-2013 05:55 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I support the team win or lose. If that is high and mighty and holier than thou, I'll take it.

MB....I have to agree on the "holier than thou" comment. I would have never thought I'd ever say this, but you have become a version of Flying Mouse or blazr, at their most condescending and pompous. It is really sad, how you feel the need to monitor not only everyone's comments, but also their opinions and their rights to even hold them. Your shtick has gotten old.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Memphis Blazer - 10-05-2013 07:51 PM

Hey, I was constantly getting threatened with banning when I was on the other side.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - the_blazerman - 10-05-2013 07:56 PM

It is hard to imagine, but UAB playing USM at home might be lucky to draw flies.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Uncle BLAZER - 10-05-2013 07:58 PM

I might still come. Somebody's last game and I feel I owe it to him.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - the_blazerman - 10-05-2013 08:00 PM

I'll be there for all the rest of them Lord willing.

The team needs to give the non-hardcore fans a reason to give a crap.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Memphis Blazer - 10-05-2013 08:00 PM

I'll be there.

Thanksgiving holiday = two basketball games and a football game

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - mixduptransistor - 10-05-2013 08:19 PM

(10-05-2013 05:55 PM)dragonzden Wrote:  I would be very happy with three wins this year. The wins being over USM, and FIU. But, the way things are looking UAB will probably go 1-11 this year.

This is nuts. Why would this make you happy? You should be pissed off if that's the best they can do. What's the point of playing if you're happy with or the goal is 3 wins in a season? This isn't a charity we're running to make the other teams in CUSA look good.

(10-05-2013 06:01 PM)rook360 Wrote:  It's like people don't expect folks to be upset after a lose. It's frustrating. Let Mixedup rant and vent and he'll be back here next week venting and ranting again. His anger hides his desire for us to actually do good.

I'm not hiding a desire for UAB to do good, quite the contrary. I would think that my disdain for the current direction of the program would imply that I want it to do better.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - B'ham Blazer - 10-05-2013 08:30 PM

(10-05-2013 08:00 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I'll be there for all the rest of them Lord willing.

The team needs to give the non-hardcore fans a reason to give a crap.

+1
I love our players, even if they are under-performing. I don't think it's a lack of effort.........maybe something will start to click.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - mixduptransistor - 10-05-2013 08:35 PM

(10-05-2013 08:19 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 05:55 PM)dragonzden Wrote:  I would be very happy with three wins this year. The wins being over USM, and FIU. But, the way things are looking UAB will probably go 1-11 this year.

This is nuts. Why would this make you happy? You should be pissed off if that's the best they can do. What's the point of playing if you're happy with or the goal is 3 wins in a season? This isn't a charity we're running to make the other teams in CUSA look good.

Now that I think about it even more, this kind of response is the worst possible. What good does it do the program for fans to say "welp, this is the best we'll ever be, but I'm gonna support them no matter how terrible!" or to even say that you're happy with 3 wins. What good does that do the program? It just perpetuates the mediocrity (and the team isn't even mediocre). Fans of championship level programs get *pissed off* when the team does poorly. Unless the program improves, the fan base is not going to expand beyond the few people around here, and that will doom the program forever.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - FNblazer - 10-05-2013 08:41 PM

You are correct. A collective of pissed off fans results in changes made (see, firing of Neil). A collective of apathetic fans however results in program decline. For UAB Football, that line is very fine...so we have to be careful in how we demonstrate our pissedoffness.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - mixduptransistor - 10-05-2013 08:43 PM

(10-05-2013 08:41 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  You are correct. A collective of pissed off fans results in changes made (see, firing of Neil). A collective of apathetic fans however results in program decline. For UAB Football, that line is very fine...so we have to be careful in how we demonstrate our pissedoffness.

The only way that will work is saying you're not going to give them any more money. Otherwise why would they care how pissed off you are?

But, that gets you labeled as a bad person, threatened to be run off from here, stay home because we don't need those kinds of fans anyway. Whatever.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - dragonzden - 10-05-2013 08:56 PM

(10-05-2013 08:35 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

Now that I think about it even more, this kind of response is the worst possible. What good does it do the program for fans to say "welp, this is the best we'll ever be, but I'm gonna support them no matter how terrible!" or to even say that you're happy with 3 wins. What good does that do the program? It just perpetuates the mediocrity (and the team isn't even mediocre). Fans of championship level programs get *pissed off* when the team does poorly. Unless the program improves, the fan base is not going to expand beyond the few people around here, and that will doom the program forever.

I've been pissed off for a decade now. I truly want UAB to be a great football program. However, you mean to tell me that you wouldn't take 3-9 over 1-11. I would love 6 wins or more from UAB teams. 10 years and still waiting for a winning season. I buy tickets and attend games, and donate money and will continue to do so. If my alma mater continues to suck it up in football, welp us fans just have to live with it until they get better. I can't play for them.

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - Memphis Blazer - 10-05-2013 08:58 PM

Suck is suck. There is no difference between 3-9 and 1-11

RE: Champlin: Welcome to Legion Field, where UAB hosts FAU in its C-USA opener - mixduptransistor - 10-05-2013 08:59 PM

(10-05-2013 08:56 PM)dragonzden Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 08:35 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

I truly want UAB to be a great football program. However, you mean to tell me that you wouldn't take 3-9 over 1-11. I would love 6 wins or more from UAB teams. 10 years and still waiting for a winning season. I buy tickets and attend games, and donate money and will continue to do so. If my alma mater continues to suck it up in football, welp us fans just have to live with it until they get better. I can't play for them.

What's the difference between 3-9 and 1-11 from any perspective that matters? No bowl game, no conference championship, losing record, not drawing new fans into the fold, unentertaining games.