CSNbbs
the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! (/thread-650811.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - WMU83 - 09-22-2013 10:32 AM

Our offense is a joke. play calling is a disgrace. execution sucks. to predictable. run, run, pass, punt.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - DesertBronco - 09-22-2013 10:43 AM

Those delayed trap draws when then the defense doesn't have to come at us hard anyway, are particularly interesting.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - WMU83 - 09-22-2013 10:50 AM

we had a almost a 1000 yard rusher last season, now all of a sudden Chance is not effective. What about scriven?? he can make plays. its just amazing to me whats going on here.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - ColinApocalypse - 09-22-2013 10:56 AM

This I can get behind.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - jubbasubba - 09-22-2013 04:05 PM

Thats the difference between the last 8 years and this year. Our offense is not a threat at all. It is statistically one of the worst in the nation. Even with an improved defense we are way worse. Cubit had no defense but we had a punchers chance because our offense could keep us in the game if they were firing on a few cylinders. Yes, some games they were out of sync, but most of the time they were good.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Motown Bronco - 09-22-2013 04:57 PM

Agreed. I've been following the Broncos for almost 20 years, and while the defense has had its ups and downs, our 'O' has tended to be consistently good. It's weird watching such an anemic "MSU-like" offense without swagger.

At the same time, we should've half-expected this going into the season... We knew how inexperienced our OL and WR corps were, not to mention the impact of losing Jaime Wilson, and a returning QB that was hit n' miss last year. Only the RBs are "seasoned."

Not saying this to excuse Fleck's cringe-worthy boat obsessions and flashes of narcissism, and I think Cubit and a host of other coaches would've beaten Nicholls. But while I think a good chunk of blame lies at the feet of our on-the-job training coach, we're just not a very good squad to begin with.

Remember we were picked to finish 5th out of 6 MAC West teams on MAC Media Day, and that was before Wilson's injury.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Hoekjeness - 09-22-2013 05:07 PM

(09-22-2013 04:57 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Agreed. I've been following the Broncos for almost 20 years, and while the defense has had its ups and downs, our 'O' has tended to be consistently good. It's weird watching such an anemic "MSU-like" offense without swagger.

At the same time, we should've half-expected this going into the season... We knew how inexperienced our OL and WR corps were, not to mention the impact of losing Jaime Wilson, and a returning QB that was hit n' miss last year. Only the RBs are "seasoned."

Not saying this to excuse Fleck's cringe-worthy boat obsessions and flashes of narcissism, and I think Cubit and a host of other coaches would've beaten Nicholls. But while I think a good chunk of blame lies at the feet of our on-the-job training coach, we're just not a very good squad to begin with.

Remember we were picked to finish 5th out of 6 MAC West teams on MAC Media Day, and that was before Wilson's injury.

Very well said. This is what I'm struggling with as well.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - DesertBronco - 09-22-2013 05:18 PM

I'm struggling with having a fb team that sucks really bad. All the other discussions are just different ways to cut up and serve jello to me.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Ubish - 09-22-2013 05:28 PM

(09-22-2013 10:50 AM)WMU83 Wrote:  we had a almost a 1000 yard rusher last season, now all of a sudden Chance is not effective. What about scriven?? he can make plays. its just amazing to me whats going on here.

I don't think the running is the problem. We could never really run against B1G teams and they were both successful against our FCS team. I'm most worried about the passing game. I think we'll be fine running when we get to MAC play, but I have no confidence that we will be able to throw the ball with any success.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - bossman68 - 09-24-2013 04:37 PM

I think this team will grow and improve throughout the season but Captain Kirk has the smallest chance of returning.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Whinny1 - 09-24-2013 04:47 PM

(09-22-2013 10:32 AM)WMU83 Wrote:  Our offense is a joke. play calling is a disgrace. execution sucks. to predictable. run, run, pass, punt.

OK, but seriously, what would you have us do on our first three possessions backed up to our goal line? That's no time to start flinging the "Hail Marys". The circumstances dictated what plays could reasonably be called for the majority of our possessions.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Dirty Ernie - 09-24-2013 06:05 PM

Well in the second half, that flat pass that got intercepted our first possesion?

As a HS quarterback, that's about the 3rd thing we were taught. You don't throw the ball out there inside your own 25 or so. Not enough space to react to a pick.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - ColinApocalypse - 09-28-2013 09:54 PM

I'm just going to bump this.

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Thatguy247 - 09-29-2013 08:17 AM

(09-22-2013 10:50 AM)WMU83 Wrote:  we had a almost a 1000 yard rusher last season, now all of a sudden Chance is not effective. What about scriven?? he can make plays. its just amazing to me whats going on here.

Scriven was not dressed last night

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - WMU83 - 10-05-2013 04:10 PM

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Hiller4Hyz09 - 10-05-2013 04:13 PM

bump

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Hiller4Hyz09 - 10-05-2013 04:14 PM

manual-pin bump

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Hiller4Hyz09 - 10-05-2013 04:15 PM

grrrr, people keep posting in the game thread. bump

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - WMU83 - 10-05-2013 04:17 PM

MOE PLEASE PIN THIS THREAD!

RE: the official fire kirk ciarocca thread! - Hiller4Hyz09 - 10-05-2013 04:18 PM

(10-05-2013 04:17 PM)WMU83 Wrote:  MOE PLEASE PIN THIS THREAD!

yeah, we can't compete with a game thread