CSNbbs
Andy Dalton sucks - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Andy Dalton sucks (/thread-649917.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BeerCat - 09-30-2013 10:03 PM

What Qb's will be free agents? Seems like they'd be fighting to QB the Bengals with all the weapons. We're a decent QB away from doing some serious damage.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - beck - 10-01-2013 07:22 AM

Beer Cat, if it were only that simple. Kyle Cook spent most of the game on his back and the rest of the O line wasn't much better. The playing calling sucked and if they did make any adjustments they must have sucked too, if they made them. Andy will be fine, if he is not, next man in.
Andy is the popular choice for whipping boy right now but there are lots of holes to fix; I still say they'll be alright.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BeerCat - 10-01-2013 06:23 PM

(10-01-2013 07:22 AM)beck Wrote:  Beer Cat, if it were only that simple. Kyle Cook spent most of the game on his back and the rest of the O line wasn't much better. The playing calling sucked and if they did make any adjustments they must have sucked too, if they made them. Andy will be fine, if he is not, next man in.
Andy is the popular choice for whipping boy right now but there are lots of holes to fix; I still say they'll be alright.

Agree. AJ Green is the biggest question to me. Either he or Dalton doesn't know half of our plays. It sure looks more like AJ than Andy to me.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 10-02-2013 03:39 PM

I agree Beck. Lots of issues so far. I still think they'll be a playoff team and will be alright, but to take the next step the offense has to get its act together from Andy on down. IMO they won't have a shot at getting to the Super Bowl if Andy is not a top 10 QB by years end.

It would be nice to get the secondary healthy. That is a big issue right now.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Bearcat04 - 10-28-2013 01:00 AM

At the halfway point of the schedule he now has the 6th best QB rating in the NFL (99.0), 8th best completion percentage (65.6), and he's on pace for 4,500 yards and 32 TD. Not bad for a so-called average QB that is holding this team back.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BeerCat - 10-28-2013 07:09 AM

He has looked amazing lately. Hopefully it continues, if it does I'm not sure there are any teams better than the Bengals.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - coachpipe - 10-28-2013 07:34 AM

Andy Dalton did not suck this week/month

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 10-28-2013 08:06 AM

Maybe this Dalton guy is pretty good. That was incredibly impressive yesterday. He seems in sinc with all of his weapons (and the Bengals have done a great job drafting weapons for Dalton). Seriously how good do the Jones/Sanu picks look from last year? How nice to be able to compliment the receivers with Eifert and Gio. Really fun game to watch.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 10-28-2013 10:01 AM

First time I can remember him having 3 consecutive games where he played well.
Gruden is doing a great job play calling.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - mlb - 10-28-2013 10:35 AM

(10-28-2013 10:01 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  First time I can remember him having 3 consecutive games where he played well.

Agreed, he played great. I was not a fan of the play calling when they got stuffed at the goal line, but other than that Gruden did well yesterday.

I am very happy to see that Dalton has regained his accuracy, even his deep ball was great yesterday.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 10-28-2013 11:28 AM

(10-28-2013 10:35 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 10:01 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  First time I can remember him having 3 consecutive games where he played well.

Agreed, he played great. I was not a fan of the play calling when they got stuffed at the goal line, but other than that Gruden did well yesterday.

I am very happy to see that Dalton has regained his accuracy, even his deep ball was great yesterday.

He still needs to work on that. Still under throwing AJ.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 10-28-2013 11:35 AM

(10-28-2013 11:28 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 10:35 AM)mlb Wrote:  

He still needs to work on that. Still under throwing AJ.

Not every throw will be perfect but Dalton was 3 of 6 on Deep Balls for 130 yards yesterday (and two incomplete passes came on perfectly thrown balls to AJ and Sanu).

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - mlb - 10-28-2013 12:04 PM

I'm with Mark. The deep ball the hardest to throw and he did a pretty good job. His first ball to AJ was definitely underthrown, but overall it was a much better day. They've obviously been working on the deep ball in practice.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BringBackthe Glory - 10-28-2013 03:27 PM

(10-28-2013 08:06 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Maybe this Dalton guy is pretty good. That was incredibly impressive yesterday. He seems in sinc with all of his weapons (and the Bengals have done a great job drafting weapons for Dalton). Seriously how good do the Jones/Sanu picks look from last year? How nice to be able to compliment the receivers with Eifert and Gio. Really fun game to watch.

This game was like the high powered Esiason led Bengals. I think I am starting to believe they are one of the best in the AFC.

Just get to the AFC Championship game and anything can happen.02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - OneUChoopsfan - 10-28-2013 04:08 PM

I would say B'mark is the winner of this lengthy thread.

That said, nothing makes a quarterback look better than solid protection and great receivers.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Coopdaddy67 - 10-31-2013 08:49 PM

If Geno Atkins is done, I may cry. Best interior lineman in football.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BeerCat - 10-31-2013 08:56 PM

(10-31-2013 08:49 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  If Geno Atkins is done, I may cry. Best interior lineman in football.

It was definitely an ACL. Hopefully it's not torn but I'm sure it was.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - 50Cent - 10-31-2013 08:57 PM

(10-31-2013 08:49 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  If Geno Atkins is done, I may cry. Best interior lineman in football.

This is turning into being a disaster of a game. First the bengals play sucks. Dalton and offense looks like old crappy offense. Defense giving up rushes against a dolphin line with 2 starters out. Pathetic.

Then Dalton throws horrible pass.

For all the jets game made everyone think this team arrived, tonight is a cold reminder that the bengals aren't elite yet. And the injuries are killing them on top of that.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 10-31-2013 09:04 PM

Dalton had a bad pass there, but the Dolphins are pushing the Bungles all over the place.
Bungles need a win big time, because they won't win a road playoff game.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Coopdaddy67 - 10-31-2013 09:10 PM

The biggest problem I had was with them trying to do something in the first place. With no timeouts, you're just begging the Dolphins' CBs to jump that route. Sure, it was a poor pass, but that's what happens when the defense knows EXACTLY what's coming.

They should have taken a knee and started off down a possession with the ball in the 2nd half.