CSNbbs
Andy Dalton sucks - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Andy Dalton sucks (/thread-649917.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Eastside_J - 12-01-2013 05:32 PM

Another hail Mary. That was inexcusable.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatfan - 12-01-2013 05:33 PM

Dalton is not playing well. He is making way too many stupid decisions.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 12-01-2013 05:52 PM

Yeah he sucks. Bengals need to go get a QB in the draft, and get someone with experience as
a back up. I think he has 1 year left on his contract.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - 50Cent - 12-01-2013 05:55 PM

This offense is plain bad. Dalton is showing his good games earlier were the aberration.

And I think the talk of jay Gruden and a head coaching job should be ended once and for all. Unless someone wants to bail Bengals out of a bad OC.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Bearcatbdub - 12-01-2013 05:59 PM

(12-01-2013 05:55 PM)50Cent Wrote:  This offense is plain bad. Dalton is showing his good games earlier were the aberration.

And I think the talk of jay Gruden and a head coaching job should be ended once and for all. Unless someone wants to bail Bengals out of a bad OC.

Jay might not be so bad. He needs a qb that makes good decisions and can hit open receivers. Dalton would make anyone look bad.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - 50Cent - 12-01-2013 06:25 PM

(12-01-2013 05:59 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 05:55 PM)50Cent Wrote:  This offense is plain bad. Dalton is showing his good games earlier were the aberration.

Jay might not be so bad. He needs a qb that makes good decisions and can hit open receivers. Dalton would make anyone look bad.

I'll give them both credit on that drive. Good design play green wide open. And dalton delivers!

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 12-01-2013 06:30 PM

Nice to see Dre make a huge play.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatfan - 12-01-2013 07:26 PM

The short pass to Hawkins for the 50 yard gain was a very good pass by Dalton. Nice win for the Bengals!

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 12-01-2013 08:01 PM

(12-01-2013 06:30 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Nice to see Dre make a huge play.

That would be Hawkins Mark.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 12-01-2013 08:17 PM

(12-01-2013 08:01 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Dre has the huge INT.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - SuperFlyBCat - 12-01-2013 10:08 PM

(12-01-2013 08:17 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 08:01 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Dre has the huge INT.

Oh yeah, Dre's pick strip was solid.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - BeerCat - 12-01-2013 10:13 PM

Gotta hand it to them, another W out west.

Hey maybe Dalton will have another hot streak in the playoffs.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Billy_Bearcat - 12-01-2013 10:46 PM

Bengals D and running game carried the day. I know I've bagged on Whit, but moving from LT to LG he was a beast today.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 12-01-2013 10:54 PM

Dalton was really good in the second half. gameplan was perfect then too. he plays like that Bengals are tough

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Eastside_J - 12-01-2013 11:07 PM

(12-01-2013 10:54 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Dalton was really good in the second half. gameplan was perfect then too. he plays like that Bengals are tough

He had what amounts to 3-4 nice passes.

They turned the ball over, couldn't stop our run and we ran a few nice deception plays to free guys open.

Dalton was really not any part of the plus side of that win.

There is a part of me that thinks he is much more capable than this. The hail mary passes and the sailed balls make me wonder whether I am just engaging in wishful thinking.

SD has a lousy defense and is no great shakes on offense either - Phillip Rivers is not exactly an all world QB and he looked MUCH better than Dalton all day.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Bearhawkeye - 12-02-2013 01:05 AM

(12-01-2013 11:07 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 10:54 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Dalton was really good in the second half. gameplan was perfect then too. he plays like that Bengals are tough

He had what amounts to 3-4 nice passes.

They turned the ball over, couldn't stop our run and we ran a few nice deception plays to free guys open.

There is a part of me that thinks he is much more capable than this. The hail mary passes and the sailed balls make me wonder whether I am just engaging in wishful thinking.

SD has a lousy defense and is no great shakes on offense either - Phillip Rivers is not exactly an all world QB and he looked MUCH better than Dalton all day.

"Not exactly an all world QB" is a very odd way to describe Philip Rivers coming into today's game. Per PFF:

Quote:Philip Rivers...has the highest passing grade in the NFL this year and has the Chargers on top of the passing offense leaderboard. He leads the league in completion percentage at 71%, second in Accuracy Percentage at 79.3%, and ranks in the Top 5 in yards, yards per attempt, touchdowns, and yards in the air. Rivers is getting rid of the ball faster than he did in 2012, and is among the 10 fastest QBs to attempt a pass. He’s spreading it around well to Danny Woodhead, Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and emerging weapon Ladarius Green who is averaging 22.1 yards per catch. The Chargers have been extremely effective in the intermediate part of the field, where Rivers is 70-of-102 for 1,224 of his yards, nine of his touchdowns, and a combined +27.8 grade.

As far as Rivers looking "MUCH better Dalton all day", again the numbers tell a different story:

Quote:QB ratings: Dalton 83.6 Rivers 80.0

One can quibble over the ratings, but there's no denying that Dalton accomplished his in a victory on the road behind a makeshift OL.

Everybody in the NFL is fair game to critique, but based upon this thread, it would be easy to think that many here only watch the game so that they can post about how awful Dalton is every time he makes a mistake.

Despite the facts that Dalton just joined Peyton Manning as the only 2 QBs in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards in each of his first 3 seasons and that Dalton's 27-17 record as a starter constitutes the best QB win % in Bengals history (min 10 starts), nobody is suggesting he's a superstar QB at this time. But it's amazing how hard it is for some to give him any but the barest of credit while being lightening quick to turn negative, sometimes passionately so, after a bad game or two or even a mere bad play or two. I guess it comes down to perspective.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - Overrated - 12-02-2013 01:43 AM

The Bengals defense was extremely impressive today, shutting down an offense that just put up a ton of yards and points on the road against a very good defense in Kansas City.

Andy was obviously bad in the first half. The passing game just never got in a rhythm. He only had 10 passing attempts. On the scoring drive, we ran the ball so effectively he barely had to throw and on the other drives it wasn't there. The interception was terrible. Coming off the play action, the first read you have to make is the safety. He was extremely deep. Even if Dalton isn't rushed, there is no chance of a completion and its likely intercepted. Andy needs to do better than that.

Also on 3rd and 2 in Chargers territory, Andy was hurried into an intentional grounding that was very poor. That took away the opportunity to go for it on 4th down and instead they had to punt. That, along with his first throw of the game which hung AJ out to dry, were his three really poor plays of the game.

But overall he played really well in the second half. The throw to Hawkins in stride was very well done and allowed him to get so much YAC. And the throw to AJ up the sideline was also very impressive.

Going on the road and winning in commanding fashion is an impressive accomplishment against a team fighting for the playoffs. I don't think there is any reason to minimize that. It's too bad the Patriots pulled another game out. I don't think the 2 seed is going to be possible unless the Bengals win out. But I like our chances for a 3 seed.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - beck - 12-02-2013 07:33 AM

BS

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - RealDeal - 12-02-2013 09:43 AM

I watched the game and I can recall 3 big pass plays. One Green was wide open and scored a TD, another he was wide open and got a big gain down the sideline, and Hawkins turned a 5 yard pass into a big gain. There are dozens of college QBs who could have made the plays the Bengals asked of their QB yesterday. Give the coaches credit, they recognize how limited their QB is and they're essentialy taking the ball out of his hands.

RE: Andy Dalton sucks - bearcatmark - 12-02-2013 12:31 PM

I guess dalton had no part in yesterday's win. my bad guys. that pass down the middle to hawk was not a good read at all from dalton and did not hit hawk in stride so that hawk had plenty of room to run. I mean hawk did not have to make any moves once he caught the ball but that play was entirely him.

Dalton looking off the safety had nothing to do with green streaing down the middle open while the safety chased the corner route to gresham.

And he did not hit his receiver perfectly in stride with that great first down call on the final drive. nothing to see here. dalton did nothing right as usual.