CSNbbs
Helmet removal????? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Helmet removal????? (/thread-646983.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Helmet removal????? - Terry - 08-31-2013 04:38 PM

Twice our player had their helmets taken off by the Gator defensive players right in front of the officials. Why isn't that called????

First time was where Reedy got flagged for unsportmanlike conduct after it happened.
Forgot who the second time happened to, but it was in the 2nd half.....

RE: Helmet removal????? - Campbell4President - 08-31-2013 04:45 PM

(08-31-2013 04:38 PM)Terry Wrote:  Twice our player had their helmets taken off by the Gator defensive players right in front of the officials. Why isn't that called????

First time was where Reedy got flagged for unsportmanlike conduct after it happened.
Forgot who the second time happened to, but it was in the 2nd half.....

It was Owens the second time and yes, I was wondering the same thing. Why does a player have to leave for a play if he loses his helmet because an opposing player blatantly rips it off? I know the coaches would have yanked Reedy because of his hot-head attitude when it happened but the sportscaster said that if it weren't 4th down, Owens would've had to come out. That doesn't make sense.

Helmet removal????? - Carolina Rocket - 08-31-2013 05:38 PM

You know, it never used to happen before these guys started wearing those little caps under the helmet. Don't get those, seems like it would just make it hotter than necessary.

RE: Helmet removal????? - H2Oville Rocket - 08-31-2013 06:30 PM

Announcers said Flu lost his at one point as well.

RE: Helmet removal????? - Toledo Football 1st - 08-31-2013 06:49 PM

Unintended consequences. Thanks ncaa for another rule corrupt officials can use to affect the outcome of a game. They're gonna love the new spearing penalty because they'll be able to actually eject our defensive players if it looks like we might beat a BCS team. And as a bonus, if they throw the hankie in the second half they get to affect not only the outcome of the current game, but the start of the next one as well.

RE: Helmet removal????? - crusher38 - 08-31-2013 07:26 PM

now i know why florida cancelled the trip here next year. those MAC refs were gonna call everything against the gators.

sucks they can just buy out the second game like that.

dont schedule em in the first place,toledo.

do like boise state and murder your conference on the field and when u get a big bowl game MOW THEM DOWN.

RE: Helmet removal????? - Campbell4President - 08-31-2013 07:31 PM

(08-31-2013 07:26 PM)crusher38 Wrote:  now i know why florida cancelled the trip here next year. those MAC refs were gonna call everything against the gators.

sucks they can just buy out the second game like that.

dont schedule em in the first place,toledo.

do like boise state and murder your conference on the field and when u get a big bowl game MOW THEM DOWN.

I didn't think Florida was ever anything other than a 1 and done. Miami is doing a 1 for 1 with us but their home attendance is almost like a great MAC attended game. Florida would lose a ton of money if they ever came to Toledo.

RE: Helmet removal????? - H2Oville Rocket - 08-31-2013 07:40 PM

Yeah, Fla was a money game for us. No return trip ever planned. Amazing enough lwe got Miami. If ee do. That game was moved to 2018 and may be the one you're thinking of, Crusher.

RE: Helmet removal????? - RowdyReptile - 08-31-2013 07:42 PM

Do we really want to discuss penalties in this game?

Honestly?

RR

RE: Helmet removal????? - cnyrocketfan - 08-31-2013 07:49 PM

Well, I don't. I think Toledo fans certainly have reason to complain about officiating on the road in a couple of games from the past few years. But today's game definitely isn't one of them.

RE: Helmet removal????? - owen - 08-31-2013 07:50 PM

(08-31-2013 07:42 PM)RowdyReptile Wrote:  Do we really want to discuss penalties in this game?

Honestly?

RR

Only 1 individual here seems to think this was anything other than a well officiated game

RE: Helmet removal????? - Rocket_Fanatic - 08-31-2013 07:51 PM

(08-31-2013 07:42 PM)RowdyReptile Wrote:  Do we really want to discuss penalties in this game?

Honestly?

RR

I don't think those guys were at the game. It was well officiated. If it wasn't for the numerous Florida offside penalties, the game would've been uglier.

RE: Helmet removal????? - RowdyReptile - 08-31-2013 07:53 PM

I told you the refs hate us. But holding is holding, and that TD play...Dunbar was holding...maybe...sort of...not really, but who cares.

RR

RE: Helmet removal????? - Campbell4President - 08-31-2013 07:57 PM

(08-31-2013 07:53 PM)RowdyReptile Wrote:  I told you the refs hate us. But holding is holding, and that TD play...Dunbar was holding...maybe...sort of...not really, but who cares.

RR

You would've had to see the Ohio State and Syracuse games to understand what we are talking about. We've never seen an OOC officiating crew like today.

RE: Helmet removal????? - RowdyReptile - 08-31-2013 08:00 PM

(08-31-2013 07:57 PM)Campbell4President Wrote:  You would've had to see the Ohio State and Syracuse games to understand what we are talking about. We've never seen an OOC officiating crew like today.

Is that good or bad? I said in a way earlier thread the refs hate our guts...but, in your opinion....was it ok this time?

RE: Helmet removal????? - owen - 08-31-2013 08:04 PM

(08-31-2013 08:00 PM)RowdyReptile Wrote:  
(08-31-2013 07:57 PM)Campbell4President Wrote:  You would've had to see the Ohio State and Syracuse games to understand what we are talking about. We've never seen an OOC officiating crew like today.

Is that good or bad? I said in a way earlier thread the refs hate our guts...but, in your opinion....was it ok this time?

Best OOC officiating in years.

RE: Helmet removal????? - Campbell4President - 08-31-2013 08:06 PM

RE: Helmet removal????? - RowdyReptile - 08-31-2013 08:07 PM

YOu got hosed at Syracuse...no doubt.

RE: Helmet removal????? - Campbell4President - 08-31-2013 08:07 PM

(08-31-2013 08:00 PM)RowdyReptile Wrote:  

It was good today, definitely at least for Rocket fans. Check out the vids I just posted and you'll understand our past (until today obviously).

RE: Helmet removal????? - RowdyReptile - 08-31-2013 08:13 PM

The Rockets should be proud. You played hard and confident and your defense stood up at times. They will only get better from this.

I am a little disappointed in UF's Offense....but that is what you get with Champ....run against a stacked box anyway..lol.

One stubborn mofo.