CSNbbs
Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: Time/Warner MAC Team Up (/thread-645617.html)

Time/Warner MAC Team Up - BCBronco - 08-24-2013 08:28 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2013/08/mid-american_conference_time_w.html#incart_river

Deals shuts out satellite owners from MAC content.

Quote:Time Warner publicist Amy Summers declined to share the financial breakdown for the three-year package. She said all 12 core MAC schools are in the TWC footprint, but admitted satellite dish owners are shut out. "Currently, that is true,'' Summers said. "It is likely only going to be available to cable providers.''

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Chipdip2 - 08-24-2013 09:56 AM

(08-24-2013 08:28 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2013/08/mid-american_conference_time_w.html#incart_river

Deals shuts out satellite owners from MAC content.

Quote:Time Warner publicist Amy Summers declined to share the financial breakdown for the three-year package. She said all 12 core MAC schools are in the TWC footprint, but admitted satellite dish owners are shut out. "Currently, that is true,'' Summers said. "It is likely only going to be available to cable providers.''

TWC is mainly in Ohio. Another brilliant job of marketing the MAC by the MAC.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - DesertBronco - 08-24-2013 11:19 AM

Unreal.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Dirty Ernie - 08-25-2013 08:41 AM

Sucks.

No cable available where I live.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - DesertBronco - 08-25-2013 09:49 AM

So the FCC is supposed to be looking out for the consumer when deals like these are brokered, wonder if this could even raise and eyebrow there?

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - stdatwmu - 08-26-2013 09:42 AM

I just wish some things were easier to (legally) stream.

We cut the cord / dropped the dish and are OTA-only with a couple HTPCs these days. I certainly enjoy the $0/month TV bill. But it would be nice to still be able to pick up a few games here and there!

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Broncobelt - 08-26-2013 04:33 PM

Lousy deal but should not keep people from watching MAC games. They should all still be available through live streaming from the MAC web site.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - DesertBronco - 08-26-2013 04:53 PM

That's pretty poor quality wise, but I got what you're saying.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Dirty Ernie - 08-26-2013 05:18 PM

I've got a Verizon hotspot that converts to wifi. My signal is poor in my rural location.

It's slow and the gigabytes are expensive. It's painful to try to watch a game, keeps pausing to download, after a while you get way behind, etc.

Direct TV was money. Bummed out by this.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - MileHighBronco - 08-26-2013 05:59 PM

Thank goodness I bought GamePlan again. Whatever is not on there I'll watch on the little screen through MAC digital.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Dirty Ernie - 08-27-2013 07:55 AM

Then I guess if we really want to see it super bad, we could attend in person.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - okgc - 08-27-2013 08:06 AM

Just another case how the MAC is an OHIO bush league conference.

Did anyone see last Sunday's Kal Gazette front page?
Coach Fleck and Pres Dunn were not happy with the none WMU mention.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - DesertBronco - 08-27-2013 08:17 AM

Bush is the first thing that came to mind when I read that announcement as well. Very underwhelmed.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Broncobelt - 08-27-2013 08:26 AM

(08-27-2013 08:06 AM)okgc Wrote:  Just another case how the MAC is an OHIO bush league conference.

Did anyone see last Sunday's Kal Gazette front page?
Coach Fleck and Pres Dunn were not happy with the none WMU mention.

Yeah, they both expressed a lot of disappointment with the gazette. Home town paper ignores home town college. All MSU and UM on the sports page 1. After hearing them I looked at the GR Sports page 1, and they did the same thing. Ignored GVSU which is the GR home college. But then why should they be any different? Both are Booth papers. Sad thing is that the GR Press stuck the MAC schools on the same page as Hope College. Treated all four alike. Big difference between D1 and DIII.

RE: Time/Warner MAC Team Up - Broncobelt - 08-27-2013 08:30 AM

I do not understand why the MAC would entire the agreement with Time Warner knowing they were shutting out dish users. Real MAC fans will go to the live streaming from the MAC website. But they are shutting out all the casual fans in the Midwest. We talk about the poor marketing at WMU, but this is negative marketing. Ignore an entire potential fan base in the Midwest, and possible national exposure for the schools to an entire market segment.