CSNbbs
Possible new bowl? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Possible new bowl? (/thread-644785.html)

Possible new bowl? - mbgthroughandthrough - 08-19-2013 02:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9581531/espn-creates-bowl-mac-sun-belt-teams-sources-say

RE: Possible new bowl? - bcunn3128 - 08-19-2013 02:31 PM

Geez...why don't we just host a bowl game here in the Glass Bowl? There were a couple actual "bowl" games back quite a few years here, weren't there? I mean, that have the bowl game in Yankee Stadium, which is outdoors and in the northern weather system, right? Or is that bowl (Pinstripe Bowl?) gone already?

RE: Possible new bowl? - FredJay - 08-19-2013 02:33 PM

Looks like a go for 2014.

Link

RE: Possible new bowl? - eastisbest - 08-19-2013 03:23 PM

Maybe others will come up with the negatives I'm missing. I'm sure there are some but the more I think of this, the more I like it.

I think a rival conf. is a great idea. Rose Bowl hasn't been the same since.....

Risky they might dominate as there is so much talent down south and they keep paying more for our coaches than we do but I think this is a great match. Sun Belt is a great conference. Nothing out west seems established anymore. I like the name. I like the "sponsorship." I do not know anything outside the history books of Montgomery but I'll bet they take more ownership of this game than De'troit ever has. MAC will probably have to go to some effort to get their fans there, particularly if their school is not in the game but again, if they truly make this an event and truly a rivalry, it would be conf against conf and not team against team.

RE: Possible new bowl? - bcunn3128 - 08-19-2013 03:53 PM

So 2 bowls in Alabama for the MAC--which must mean we're on our way to losing the bowl game in Mobile. But hey, I'm sure Montgomery, Alabama is as nice a destination as Mobile is, right? So this is where the state of MAC football has fallen...and just a year after NIU played in the Orange Bowl...sigh

RE: Possible new bowl? - KingBob - 08-19-2013 05:24 PM

Actually, what's great about this game I that you can fly into Atlanta and its all highway driving to the game... I will definitely go!!!

RE: Possible new bowl? - Terry - 08-19-2013 05:37 PM

My only negative is that it's Pre Christmas. But at least it driveable. What 2 hours closer that Mobile?????