CSNbbs
Athens to get starting nod - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Towson (/forum-689.html)
+----- Thread: Athens to get starting nod (/thread-644511.html)

Athens to get starting nod - TigerNation82 - 08-16-2013 11:00 PM

Talked to some guys on the team tonight and the QB1 at UConn is Athens by a mile. Neither Joe or Connor can match Pete's command of the offense or confidence from the coaches in game situations. Ambrose is playing it out with media types to keep UConn guessing but this decision is done and you can take it to the bank. If Athens goes down its Frazier then Brennan off the bench as the 3.

RE: Athens to get starting nod - LoneStar - 08-17-2013 08:58 AM

I think we could have a very successful season with a 80/20 run to pass ratio this year.

RE: Athens to get starting nod - TigerNation82 - 08-17-2013 09:16 AM

Line needs to be more consistent in planned runs. Most success in moving the ball the last two years came from the threat of Enders running or passing. No QB on this roster compares to Grant and that is a concern as defenses will know to focus on 28. West has to become more of a threat out of the backfield as a receiver which he has not been the last 2 seasons - that was Booker and Dameron could also catch out of sets but he was often injured. My biggest concern is that West will be too much of a focus and the variety that has been the last two years will not be so quick to develop as the WR and QB threats are not mature. Best part of offense could be dumps to TE. Oboh could be the key to the season.

RE: Athens to get starting nod - RGTiger - 08-17-2013 11:58 AM

I too have heard that Athens is the man. The most shocking info i am hearing is that freshman Darius Victor is splitting the reps with T-West working with the 1's. I would think they would redshirt him, but if he is that good they could go with both???

RE: Athens to get starting nod - TowsonTexasTiger - 08-17-2013 01:11 PM

Athens has game from what I've heard.