CSNbbs
ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigEastbbs (/forum-771.html)
+---- Forum: Big East Conference Talk (/forum-772.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference (/thread-640114.html)

Pages: 1 2

ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - aughnanure - 07-16-2013 09:01 AM

Go vote.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9466690/college-basketball-top-conferences

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - ivet - 07-16-2013 09:07 AM

"...and the Catholic 7 are seceding from the Big East to form the American Athletic Conference."

No love from ESPN. We don't need to check for errors, it's good enough, lets put it out.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - Jet915 - 07-16-2013 09:29 AM

Voted, #3 sounds about right.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - Native Georgian - 07-16-2013 01:32 PM

It says you have to sign up through Facebook. Not eager to do that.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - aughnanure - 07-16-2013 03:34 PM

Oh Cute, AAC fans are trying to skew it soo hard so people notice them. ECU fans especially are just adorable.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=640129&page=2

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - Roader - 07-16-2013 05:36 PM

(07-16-2013 03:34 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  Oh Cute, AAC fans are trying to skew it soo hard so people notice them. ECU fans especially are just adorable.

Pot meet kettle

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - aughnanure - 07-16-2013 10:20 PM

(07-16-2013 05:36 PM)Roader Wrote:  
(07-16-2013 03:34 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  Oh Cute, AAC fans are trying to skew it soo hard so people notice them. ECU fans especially are just adorable.

Pot meet kettle

I think you missed the part about reading their forum and seeing them call for a plan of attack for this poll, literally telling everyone to vote only 5 (and the worst 4 possible behind them) to drag the rankings of the B1G, ACC, and BE down.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - NJRedMan - 07-16-2013 10:54 PM

(07-16-2013 05:50 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Keep voting peeps!

Don't give the fake BE or ACC any points!!!!

[Image: 1149271-picard_facepalm.jpg]

This is the saddest thing ever posted on these boards.

[Image: 37087303.jpg]

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - Roader - 07-17-2013 08:01 AM

(07-16-2013 10:20 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  

Pot meet kettle

I think you missed the part about reading their forum and seeing them call for a plan of attack for this poll, literally telling everyone to vote only 5 (and the worst 4 possible behind them) to drag the rankings of the B1G, ACC, and BE down.

I didnt fully read their board, i could care less about them at this point in time.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - NJRedMan - 07-17-2013 10:45 AM

(07-17-2013 08:01 AM)Roader Wrote:  
(07-16-2013 10:20 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  

Pot meet kettle

I didnt fully read their board, i could care less about them at this point in time.

It was very sad. I guess any kind of win for them at this point is what they are in need of.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - IceJus10 - 07-17-2013 12:43 PM

The one that is stuffing the box isn't the AAC, they have legitimate teams this year for consideration as a top 2-3 basketball conference (defending National Champ for one)... the ballot stuffer is really CUSA, do you see the number of #1 votes they have, despite a very low rating - their fans aren't being realistic at all - they all must be voting #1and then everyone else calling them last.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - NJRedMan - 07-17-2013 12:57 PM

(07-17-2013 12:43 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The one that is stuffing the box isn't the AAC, they have legitimate teams this year for consideration as a top 2-3 basketball conference (defending National Champ for one)... the ballot stuffer is really CUSA, do you see the number of #1 votes they have, despite a very low rating - their fans aren't being realistic at all - they all must be voting #1and then everyone else calling them last.

Did you see the AAC boards thread about this? They had a system in place. You only had to vote for 5 teams so they all put the AAC 1 and the CUSA, MWC, A1o and Pac in spots 7-10.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - LouPower - 07-17-2013 04:40 PM

Gaming a poll that means absolutely nothing...impressive.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - johnbragg - 07-17-2013 06:28 PM

Not sure why I'm defending the 'Merican fans, but they were already organized on a crusade to flood ESPN comment sections and live chats with questions demanding ESPN reinstate their conference blog. So this seemed to them just like an extension of what they were already doing.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - IceJus10 - 07-17-2013 09:32 PM

I did read the thread - it's a fan poll on conferences though, shouldn't fans of a conference rally together? I mean, the first post of this thread says "go vote" - it may not be as direct as some of the thoughts on the American thread, but it's much the same idea - support the conference and push it up the list.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - johnbragg - 07-18-2013 09:04 AM

(07-17-2013 09:32 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I did read the thread - it's a fan poll on conferences though, shouldn't fans of a conference rally together? I mean, the first post of this thread says "go vote" - it may not be as direct as some of the thoughts on the American thread, but it's much the same idea - support the conference and push it up the list.

I'd say there's some difference between stuffing the ballot boxes by voting yourself #1, and strategically voting the other top basketball conferences down.

Not a huge difference, of course, but some.

Think of it as the donor who just cut his big checks to the alumni association and for his season tickets seeing the Alabama fan and saying, "Wow, that tattoo is ridiculous."

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - IceJus10 - 07-18-2013 06:02 PM

(07-18-2013 09:04 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  Think of it as the donor who just cut his big checks to the alumni association and for his season tickets seeing the Alabama fan and saying, "Wow, that tattoo is ridiculous."

I guess I missed something, because I have no idea what that means!?!? lol what tattoo?

Anyway, I still think the American fans voting themselves #1 with defending champ Louisville and UConn battling it out in what I think could be 4 or 5 bid conference... as far less ridiculous and comical than hundreds of first place votes by CUSA fans for a conference that lost far and away it's top program and will likely be a 1-bid league.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - johnbragg - 07-18-2013 07:18 PM

(07-18-2013 06:02 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  
(07-18-2013 09:04 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  Think of it as the donor who just cut his big checks to the alumni association and for his season tickets seeing the Alabama fan and saying, "Wow, that tattoo is ridiculous."

I guess I missed something, because I have no idea what that means!?!? lol what tattoo?

Maybe I've been reading too much Clay Travis. Just picture a ridiculous Crimson Tide tattoo. And then picture a guy in slacks and a polo shirt who just gave his school 5% of his annual income because of athletics commenting on the tattoo.

Quote:Anyway, I still think the American fans voting themselves #1 with defending champ Louisville and UConn battling it out in what I think could be 4 or 5 bid conference... as far less ridiculous and comical than hundreds of first place votes by CUSA fans for a conference that lost far and away it's top program and will likely be a 1-bid league.

It's not the voting themselves #1 that was over-the-top. It was the orchestrated effort to also not rank the ACC, Big Ten, and Big East, and to give the conferences they did vote for as little as possible.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - NJRedMan - 07-18-2013 10:28 PM

(07-18-2013 06:02 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  

Anyway, I still think the American fans voting themselves #1 with defending champ Louisville and UConn battling it out in what I think could be 4 or 5 bid conference... as far less ridiculous and comical than hundreds of first place votes by CUSA fans for a conference that lost far and away it's top program and will likely be a 1-bid league.

I think Memphis is going to be in for a shock when they have an actual competitive conference to compete in. It's been a while since they have had that, and neither the coach nor the players were around when they did. Temple might find things a little tougher than the A-10. The A-10 was a deep conference last year and Temple couldn't win either the regular season or tourny title. They finished in a three way tie for 3rd but were the 5th seed in the tourny. They might get an upgrade and finish fourth this upcoming inaugural AAC season.

I see them maybe getting four teams in the NCAA this year, but then they lose their best program.

RE: ESPN Poll: Top Basketball Conference - LouPower - 07-19-2013 01:24 PM

Butler was the 5 seed last year in the A-10 by tiebreaker. They played Dayton on D1 of the A-10 tournament.