CSNbbs
The Carolina Way - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: The Carolina Way (/thread-639280.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-08-2013 07:35 PM

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/man-linked-to-hairston-arrest-has-athlete-ties/12626598/

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9459287/report-links-rental-cars-north-carolina-tar-heels-pj-hairston-ex-con

Sad to say, everyone knows they will get away with it....AGAIN.

I don't think Carolina covers up their cheating good enough to be in the SEC.

RE: The Carolina Way - justinslot - 07-08-2013 09:15 PM

There is no way Houston is getting out of all these UNC scandals without major penalties.

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-08-2013 09:20 PM

(07-08-2013 09:15 PM)justinslot Wrote:  There is no way Houston is getting out of all these UNC scandals without major penalties.

UNC generates too much money for the ACC and the NCAA so, NO, there won't be anything done to upset the gravy train.

RE: The Carolina Way - Rabonchild - 07-09-2013 10:22 AM

(07-08-2013 09:20 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 09:15 PM)justinslot Wrote:  There is no way Houston is getting out of all these UNC scandals without major penalties.

UNC generates too much money for the ACC and the NCAA so, NO, there won't be anything done to upset the gravy train.

People outside of the ACC have no idea how long this has been going on. The episode with the fake classes and tutors went on for over 15 years and involved Basketball & football (and in the end they got a free pass). If I was a school and the NCAA did anything to me for breaking rules or cheating I would sue them.

South Carolina got sick of the mess years ago and left the ACC because of UNC's special treatment. The Tarheels thought they had crushed the Gamecocks. But now South Carolina is in the SEC and laughing at the schools in the Carolinas that they now own.

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-09-2013 03:57 PM

(07-09-2013 10:22 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  

People outside of the ACC have no idea how long this has been going on. The episode with the fake classes and tutors went on for over 15 years and involved Basketball & football (and in the end they got a free pass). If I was a school and the NCAA did anything to me for breaking rules or cheating I would sue them.

South Carolina got sick of the mess years ago and left the ACC because of UNC's special treatment. The Tarheels thought they had crushed the Gamecocks. But now South Carolina is in the SEC and laughing at the schools in the Carolinas that they now own.

The Gamecocks got over on Football for sure.

Baseball... i's say is even or maybe a slight edge to So Car.

Basketball, UNC owns So Car.

RE: The Carolina Way - CK42NC - 07-09-2013 05:06 PM

Its a mess!

RE: The Carolina Way - AppinVA - 07-09-2013 07:22 PM

(07-09-2013 03:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Not even close.
CWS titles:
USC 2
ACC 1

RE: The Carolina Way - Gamecock - 07-09-2013 08:38 PM

(07-09-2013 03:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Basketball, UNC owns So Car.

Understatement of the century.

Still, very glad the way it all worked out and that we escaped the purgatory that is the ACC.

Otherwise we would be doomed to 50k seat stadiums and never winning national championships in baseball. But ooooh the ACC tournament in Greensboro is so great!

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-09-2013 09:18 PM

(07-09-2013 07:22 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  

Not even close.
CWS titles:
USC 2
ACC 1

Well, UNC has made it to Omaha a lot of late. Only one team gets to win it all.

I am no UNC lover but I have to give them getting there some credit.

RE: The Carolina Way - ncbeta - 07-09-2013 09:47 PM

(07-09-2013 09:18 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 09:20 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  UNC generates too much money for the ACC and the NCAA so, NO, there won't be anything done to upset the gravy train.

Not even close.
CWS titles:
USC 2
ACC 1

Not hard when you cheat...

RE: The Carolina Way - AppinVA - 07-09-2013 10:18 PM

(07-08-2013 09:20 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  UNC generates too much money for the ACC and the NCAA so, NO, there won't be anything done to upset the gravy train.

Not even close.
CWS titles:
USC 2
ACC 1

I see what you're saying, but, South Carolina was that one team twice.

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-09-2013 10:28 PM

(07-09-2013 10:18 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 10:22 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  People outside of the ACC have no idea how long this has been going on. The episode with the fake classes and tutors went on for over 15 years and involved Basketball & football (and in the end they got a free pass). If I was a school and the NCAA did anything to me for breaking rules or cheating I would sue them.

Not even close.
CWS titles:
USC 2
ACC 1

I see what you're saying, but, South Carolina was that one team twice.

True indeed and we beat them in the regional here in Greenville before they won back to back.

RE: The Carolina Way - Groo - 07-09-2013 10:34 PM

UNC = University of Non Compliance

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-10-2013 10:32 PM

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/durham-man-denies-providing-improper-benefits-to-hairston/12644665/

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

I'm just impressed the N&O has the sack to post these articles:
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/

RE: The Carolina Way - Gamecock - 07-10-2013 10:49 PM

(07-10-2013 10:32 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.wralsportsfan.com/durham-man-denies-providing-improper-benefits-to-hairston/12644665/

UNC needs to get the hammer

RE: The Carolina Way - UConn-SMU - 07-10-2013 10:58 PM

(07-10-2013 10:49 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 10:32 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.wralsportsfan.com/durham-man-denies-providing-improper-benefits-to-hairston/12644665/

So does Miami, Penn State, Oregon, etc. But it won't happen.

What happened at UConn (low graduation rate) was nowhere near as bad as the crap at UNC. But UConn got a one year ban from March Madness. What has happened to UNC? What will happen to UNC? I'm waiting.

And that Miami thing is a joke. Miami = trash

RE: The Carolina Way - PirateTreasureNC - 07-12-2013 11:10 AM

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2013/07/11/there-oughta-be-a-rule-oh-wait-there-is/

03-shhhh

RE: The Carolina Way - lumberpack4 - 07-12-2013 12:23 PM

Well people like Lawrence Taylor and Marion Jones were given degrees by UNC. Almost all of the east coast BALCO gang was tied into UNC through UNC's track facilites and through being employed at UNC. Some of them are in jail for other frauds. No on the football or basketball team has been declared academically inellible since the 1970's. A guy on this year's baseball team was able to make 4 A's in summer school, while he played summer ball to keep his GPA high enought to stay eligible. Hansbrough's mom was given a job by the Universtiy raising money and numerous UNC athletes parents get jobs at or around UNC when their kids matriculate.

UNC was the school that brought the Point Shaving scandle of the early 1960's down south to the ACC via Frank McGuire's pipeline of kids from Philly and NYC. These are the same ones that stuck a gun in an NC State's players stomach and told him to cooperate or get killed (back in 61-62 or thereabouts)

Look at the time line:

1930's - UVa quits the Southern Conference cites UNC cheating as a violation of the UVa honor code
1940's - UNC pays Choo Choo Justice and hire OU's former football coach
1950's, early 60's - UNC goes to NYC to hire Frank McGuire - right after the national championship - the mob shows up to collect
1970's, early 80's - Folks like Lawrence Taylor show up on campus
Late 80's early to mid 90's - All standards fall away in an effort to keep up with Duke Basketball, Marion Jones shows up, the fake classes begin in the AFAM program
00's to 10's- UNC's Student Body President is killed by Durham based thugs. UNC's track coach is found dead on the side of the road - supposedly from a sleeping overdose - free cars are passed around - free parking established for football and basketball players, UNC players, runners, and boosters - most with ties to Durham, begin to pop out of the woodwork with various run-ins or convictions in the legal system. Now Dentist and others with access to pharaceuticals are popping up - did these folks take over for the now-defunct BALCO - who knows?

The rabbit hole is 80 years deep and probably is deeper than the Earth's crust, probably goes well into the mantle.

RE: The Carolina Way - blunderbuss - 07-12-2013 12:35 PM

******* embarrassment to the entire state IMO.

RE: The Carolina Way - blunderbuss - 07-12-2013 12:52 PM

(07-12-2013 12:23 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

Well people like Lawrence Taylor and Marion Jones were given degrees by UNC. Almost all of the east coast BALCO gang was tied into UNC through UNC's track facilites and through being employed at UNC. Some of them are in jail for other frauds. No on the football or basketball team has been declared academically inellible since the 1970's. A guy on this year's baseball team was able to make 4 A's in summer school, while he played summer ball to keep his GPA high enought to stay eligible. Hansbrough's mom was given a job by the Universtiy raising money and numerous UNC athletes parents get jobs at or around UNC when their kids matriculate.

UNC was the school that brought the Point Shaving scandle of the early 1960's down south to the ACC via Frank McGuire's pipeline of kids from Philly and NYC. These are the same ones that stuck a gun in an NC State's players stomach and told him to cooperate or get killed (back in 61-62 or thereabouts)

Look at the time line:

1930's - UVa quits the Southern Conference cites UNC cheating as a violation of the UVa honor code
1940's - UNC pays Choo Choo Justice and hire OU's former football coach
1950's, early 60's - UNC goes to NYC to hire Frank McGuire - right after the national championship - the mob shows up to collect
1970's, early 80's - Folks like Lawrence Taylor show up on campus
Late 80's early to mid 90's - All standards fall away in an effort to keep up with Duke Basketball, Marion Jones shows up, the fake classes begin in the AFAM program
00's to 10's- UNC's Student Body President is killed by Durham based thugs. UNC's track coach is found dead on the side of the road - supposedly from a sleeping overdose - free cars are passed around - free parking established for football and basketball players, UNC players, runners, and boosters - most with ties to Durham, begin to pop out of the woodwork with various run-ins or convictions in the legal system. Now Dentist and others with access to pharaceuticals are popping up - did these folks take over for the now-defunct BALCO - who knows?

The rabbit hole is 80 years deep and probably is deeper than the Earth's crust, probably goes well into the mantle.

so you're claiming UNC had people killed now? that's pretty far even for me to believe.