CSNbbs
Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh (/thread-639038.html)

Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Da.Owl - 07-06-2013 07:57 AM

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Michael-Young-files-lawsuit-against-UH-4649117.php?cmpid=hpbn

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Burpelson - 07-06-2013 08:26 AM

it's gonna get ugly on Cullen Blvd, not gonna end well for Mack, he's looking more and more like someone that is not handling the basketball situation very well.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Da.Owl - 07-06-2013 08:28 AM

(07-06-2013 08:26 AM)Burpelson Wrote:  it's gonna get ugly on Cullen Blvd, not gonna end well for Mack, he's looking more and more like someone that is not handling the basketball situation very well.

Seems like we just had a big helping of that over here too

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Tiki Owl - 07-06-2013 09:04 AM

When I looked at Coogfans a while back when Joseph first talked about leaving UH IIRC there has been a history of friction between Michael and UH going all the way back to Penders supposedly offering him an asst coaching gig then giving it to someone else.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Burpelson - 07-06-2013 09:07 AM

I think that Michael having not been offered a more prominent position by UH speaks for itself, but to handle it this way by Mack and Dunn is just Bush League, they need to let him go and settle out.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Tiki Owl - 07-06-2013 09:12 AM

Just glad it is someone else dealing with the AD/NCAA/Oregon.04-cheers

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Tiki Owl - 07-06-2013 11:36 AM

I see a job with Nike in Michael's future.05-stirthepot

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - greyowl72 - 07-06-2013 02:58 PM

Strange lawsuit. Asking the court to make UH quit sending him money and to terminate his contract/employment.
This needs to be settled ASAP. It doesn't serve Michael or UH's interest to drag this out one second longer.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - WRCisforgotten79 - 07-07-2013 03:54 PM

His daughter, Mayorca, was a freshman sprinter on the UH Track & Field team, and was the 2nd fastest freshman in C-USA in the 400 meters at the conference outdoor meet.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Tiki Owl - 07-08-2013 09:21 AM

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/07/michael_young_sues_houston_cou.php

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Tomball Owl - 07-08-2013 11:27 AM

The funniest part of this story is the part about the NCAA coming around to check if UH committed any rules violations. They will have all the "evidence" they need in Joseph Young's application. Who needs to hear from the other side?

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - tramile12 - 07-09-2013 12:03 PM

This article makes Michael Young out to be a saint. The whole situation with him and his son has made me very uncomfortable since that kid was in high school. He wanted to transfer from (what was it, Providence??) before he even set foot on that campus. And to use and excuse like his Auntie's illness was just a bit too much. Now he's leaving UH? and Daddy's mad too?? The whole thing stinks to high heaven, but the best part is that the kid is headed to.....OREGON. Seriously? Is that the land of disgruntled transfer basketball players now?

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Antarius - 07-09-2013 05:47 PM

(07-09-2013 12:03 PM)tramile12 Wrote:  This article makes Michael Young out to be a saint. The whole situation with him and his son has made me very uncomfortable since that kid was in high school. He wanted to transfer from (what was it, Providence??) before he even set foot on that campus. And to use and excuse like his Auntie's illness was just a bit too much. Now he's leaving UH? and Daddy's mad too?? The whole thing stinks to high heaven, but the best part is that the kid is headed to.....OREGON. Seriously? Is that the land of disgruntled transfer basketball players now?

Their motto is, after all, "Just do it"...05-stirthepot

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Da.Owl - 07-10-2013 10:34 AM

UH responds in paper ... http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2013/07/houston-responds-to-allegations-by-former-employee-michael-young/?cmpid=hpts

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - Burpelson - 07-10-2013 01:31 PM

At a glance it does look as though UH does have it's ducks in a row, and I wish that Michael would just drop this lawsuit, becuase I do not think it's going to end well for him.

RE: Phi Slamma Sue ... UHh - RiceDoc - 07-10-2013 01:39 PM

This has settlement written all over it. "I want out! Void my contract!" vs. "We want you out! You're terminated effective mid July." Both sides get what they want - out - and nobody has to admit they did anything that the NCAA would find troublesome.