CSNbbs
IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board (/thread-626786.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - BullsFanInTX - 03-27-2013 09:44 AM

Not going to mention any names, but certain posters who have made a living of bashing the NBE, in my humble opinion, are not welcome on this board, regardless if Tulsa garnered an invite or not to NBE. Said posters without a name are continuing to bash NBE even AFTER Tulsa has been unofficially invited on the realignment board.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Pony94 - 03-27-2013 09:52 AM

Tallgrass is not a Tulsa fan

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - TUBballJunkie - 03-27-2013 09:57 AM

(03-27-2013 09:52 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Tallgrass is not a Tulsa fan

This.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - TripleA - 03-27-2013 10:02 AM

He reportedly is an Okie State alum and follows all OK sports. I vote we pre-emptively ban him. :)

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Comet - 03-27-2013 10:26 AM

I have no idea what Tallgrass is going to do with himself now.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - JDTulane - 03-27-2013 10:30 AM

Whenever someone breaks CoC they will be dealt with accordingly. /endthread 04-cheers

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - TripleA - 03-27-2013 10:37 AM

(03-27-2013 10:30 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Whenever someone breaks CoC they will be dealt with accordingly. /endthread 04-cheers

Yeah, yeah, we get it, just joking about Tallgrass, but you apparently don't track him on the other forums, or you would understand why we brought it up.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - NBPirate - 03-27-2013 10:39 AM

No way, I think it could be fun to troll Tallgrass

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - JDTulane - 03-27-2013 10:42 AM

(03-27-2013 10:37 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 10:30 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Whenever someone breaks CoC they will be dealt with accordingly. /endthread 04-cheers

Yeah, yeah, we get it, just joking about Tallgrass, but you apparently don't track him on the other forums, or you would understand why we brought it up.

Trust me. I'm a CUSA'er. Ex CUSA mod now NBE mod. I know who TG is 03-razz

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Carolina Stang - 03-27-2013 10:42 AM

trollgrass

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - CardFan1 - 03-27-2013 10:52 AM

Wait a minute, the NBE, wasn't that the group formerly known as the C7?. It's OK to bash them as They aren't a part of this conference. We are or hopefully will be Metro!
04-rock

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Bull - 03-27-2013 10:53 AM

Well, isn't the whole intent of having separate boards per conference to give like-minded fans a place to discuss? Isn't the whole issue of 'trolls' just fans crossing over simply to provoke or instigate?

Look how many of our threads are overtaken, even dominated, by the usual outsiders... simply because some have nothing better to do with their time. Yes it's annoying, but I've learned to tune it out because it's not going away. Beauty of the internet!

The very first time I ever visited another board I stopped over on the C7 side a few weeks ago, just to see what was up. There was a whole thread devoted to how they should all 'avoid' the nBE blog becuase we were all 'melting down' over the TV deal. In particular, one poster who seems very very respected on our board was making some particularly nasty comments about us. Of course, I didn't post... didn't want to be a troll.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - adcorbett - 03-27-2013 11:13 AM

(03-27-2013 10:53 AM)Bull Wrote:  In particular, one poster who seems very very respected on our board was making some particularly nasty comments about us. Of course, I didn't post... didn't want to be a troll.

To be fair Frank, that is who you are talking about, says specifically th exact same thing on this board. He did not say antyhing different. I read it, and know what you are talking about. You are eithe rbeign thin skinned, or missed the multitude of times he said the same thing about how some will quickly dismiss any news as bad or that the source is not worthy, and any good news is the gospel. That has never changed.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Bones N Skulls - 03-27-2013 11:28 AM

(03-27-2013 11:13 AM)adcorbett Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 10:53 AM)Bull Wrote:  In particular, one poster who seems very very respected on our board was making some particularly nasty comments about us. Of course, I didn't post... didn't want to be a troll.

To be fair Frank, that is who you are talking about, says specifically th exact same thing on this board. He did not say antyhing different. I read it, and know what you are talking about. You are eithe rbeign thin skinned, or missed the multitude of times he said the same thing about how some will quickly dismiss any news as bad or that the source is not worthy, and any good news is the gospel. That has never changed.
I saw those posts as well and I don't think he's referring to Frank

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Gray Avenger - 03-27-2013 11:56 AM

In my opinion, this board is a good deal more tolerant of trolling than most of this type. I come here for sharing information about our conference and think obvious trolls should be banned. Until they, I generally just use the ignore feature.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - goldenhurricane2 - 03-27-2013 12:08 PM

The butthurt runneth over on the C-USA board - It is what it is. They will never admit what's obvious to everyone who isn't in C-USA, but hopefully the hate and bitterness dies off after the dust settles.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - KNIGHTTIME - 03-27-2013 12:16 PM

Tallgrass put himself in a corner with all the Big East bashing. He has to keep it up so he doesn't look like a fraud. He knows full well how big this invite is for Tulsa. Upgrade in both football and basketball by a ton.

c-usa will be fine and I'll root for their teams, but it is not even close to the same level as the Big East.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - CalallenStang - 03-27-2013 12:21 PM

(03-27-2013 10:02 AM)TripleA Wrote:  He reportedly is an Okie State alum and follows all OK sports. I vote we pre-emptively ban him. :)

He is a Wazzu alum

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Kronke - 03-27-2013 12:22 PM

(03-27-2013 12:16 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  c-usa will be fine and I'll root for their teams

It really won't, though.

CUSA is the new Sun Belt, with a few FCS startups mixed in. The Sun Belt currently makes $200k/school. USM, Marshall, UAB, etc. are going to see their TV revenue cut by ~80% upon the next renegotiation, leaving in those schools to ask not if, but which programs they'll need to shut down.

That's why I don't really bother anymore with those CUSA fans that want to troll us. Their time to test the market is coming soon enough. If they thought what we went through was ugly, they haven't seen anything yet.

RE: IMHO, certain posters are not welcome on this board - Wilkie01 - 03-27-2013 12:33 PM

CUSA fans did the same thing to Sourh Florida, Cincinnati and Louisville, when we were added to the Big East. So why do you act shock now that they have their panties in a wad about you leaving? 03-phew