CSNbbs
Baseball Polls (w/o March 18th) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Baseball Polls (w/o March 18th) (/thread-624991.html)

Baseball Polls (w/o March 18th) - waltgreenberg - 03-18-2013 04:27 PM

Perfect Game: Stayed at #20
Baseball America: Up to #18 from #19
Chasing Omaha: Up to #24 from #25
Writers: Up to #24 from #27
Coaches: Still unranked (but #26 based on votes)
Collegiate Baseball: Still unranked (through A&M, Campbell, Cal, S.Alabama and Central Arkansas are all ranked)

UH is just outside the Top 25 and, if they have a winning week against UT and Tulane, would likely move in.

BTW, both Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers believe we will host a regional (as commented in their weekly online chats). Kendall ranks the Top 3 Texas schools as: Rice, A&M, Houston.

Here's Aaron Fitts' response...

Quote:Taylor (Houston): I didn't make it out to Reckling this weekend, but looks like Rice played pretty well in all aspects. Was it just that they played Harvard, or do you think they are figuring it all out? Maybe they just needed to beat up on some light competition to get everything clicking.

Aaron Fitt: Hard to say, I think -- that's why we didn't move Rice much in the rankings. They were a 9-7 team coming into the weekend, so they needed to do some work to justify their top-20 ranking. But the early returns from Conference USA are awfully uninspiring, and I have a feeling Rice is going to dominate this league as it so often does. If that happens, the Owls will probably host a regional and have a decent shot to get to Omaha.

RE: Baseball Polls (w/o March 18th) - waltgreenberg - 03-18-2013 04:35 PM

We didn't make Sorenson's Top 20 power rankings, but we're one of 5 teams "on the edge" (along with Kentucky, Arkansas, UC-Irvine and South Alabama).