CSNbbs
All Sun Belt - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: All Sun Belt (/thread-617732.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

All Sun Belt - SpaceRaider - 02-09-2013 09:22 AM

I suspect Marcos Knight will be MT's only first team selection, but believe three or four more Raiders would be excellent candidates if they were on other teams where there is a lack of quality bench play, which cuts MT players ability to build individual eye-popping stats due to sharing minutes.

I think Gant of FAU, Rubit of USA are sure bets for first team. Long (UL) and Oletayo (ULM) are others. Who am I overlooking?

Player of the Year? Can't see anyone else but Knight here

Coach of the Year? Kermit, with out a doubt

RE: All Sun Belt - tyler90wm - 02-09-2013 09:41 AM

(02-09-2013 09:22 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  Player of the Year? Can't see anyone else but Knight here

Surely that honor will be bestowed upon the great Tony Mitchell 03-shhhh

RE: All Sun Belt - Burn the Horse - 02-09-2013 12:48 PM

So Middle fans are going to be proud of having Raiders on an All-Sun Belt team? All Ive seen from some of you is insults directed at the SBC lately, especially out of Mr. blueraideraig. Classy guy that one.

RE: All Sun Belt - chiefsfan - 02-09-2013 12:53 PM

(02-09-2013 12:48 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  So Middle fans are going to be proud of having Raiders on an All-Sun Belt team? All Ive seen from some of you is insults directed at the SBC lately, especially out of Mr. blueraideraig. Classy guy that one.

I think we should ban them from the conference tournament...I mean...its only fair.

RE: All Sun Belt - MTPiKapp - 02-09-2013 01:27 PM

(02-09-2013 12:53 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 12:48 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  So Middle fans are going to be proud of having Raiders on an All-Sun Belt team? All Ive seen from some of you is insults directed at the SBC lately, especially out of Mr. blueraideraig. Classy guy that one.

I think we should ban them from the conference tournament...I mean...its only fair.

How's that?

RE: All Sun Belt - Blueraidersig - 02-09-2013 01:33 PM

I don't care if you think I'm classy or not. The sun belt blows **** and you know it, especially in basketball minus us. I hope we get all 5 all sbc and take the ship on our way out. Does it hurt to know Troy has reached its ceiling?

RE: All Sun Belt - Blueraidersig - 02-09-2013 01:34 PM

(02-09-2013 12:53 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Thats the dumbest thing I think I've read on this board

RE: All Sun Belt - Tiguar - 02-09-2013 01:45 PM

(02-09-2013 01:33 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  

I don't care if you think I'm classy or not. The sun belt blows **** and you know it, especially in basketball minus us. I hope we get all 5 all sbc and take the ship on our way out. Does it hurt to know Troy has reached its ceiling?

Remind me again how many at-large bids MTSU has gotten lately?

RE: All Sun Belt - Burn the Horse - 02-09-2013 01:45 PM

(02-09-2013 01:33 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  Does it hurt to know Troy has reached its ceiling?

I'm not going to have some kind of ridiculous exchange that won't solve anything with you, mainly because I don't like you and it would just end with me angry. Troy has not reached our ceiling and our record against your team is excellent. That is my only statement on the matter.

I think it is lame that you have taken the stance you have, it is nothing but confrontational and insulting to our membership. Why don't you just go post on C-USA's board, it's obvious you are much happier with your new league. Everyone wins.

RE: All Sun Belt - FIUFanatic - 02-09-2013 01:50 PM

Tymell Murphy from FIU should be considered as a 1st Team as well. He averages 15.2 points (6th in conference), 7.5 rebounds (5th in conference, he is 4th in the conference in steals, 8th in blocked shots witn 1.2 per game, while leading the conference in shooting percentage with 59%.

RE: All Sun Belt - MTPiKapp - 02-09-2013 01:57 PM

(02-09-2013 01:45 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 01:33 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  

Remind me again how many at-large bids MTSU has gotten lately?

It's been quite some time since the conference has gotten one period, I'll grant you the fact that the last time the conference got one it was USA, but that doesn't change the fact that this conference has been a one bid league for quite some time now. It's a shame we weren't this good up until very recently, the league would look a bit different today if five or six years ago we had three to four really good teams at once, as it stands now it's rare for us to have more than one truly quality team.

RE: All Sun Belt - Tiguar - 02-09-2013 02:05 PM

(02-09-2013 01:57 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  It's been quite some time since the conference has gotten one period, I'll grant you the fact that the last time the conference got one it was USA, but that doesn't change the fact that this conference has been a one bid league for quite some time now. It's a shame we weren't this good up until very recently, the league would look a bit different today if five or six years ago we had three to four really good teams at once, as it stands now it's rare for us to have more than one truly quality team.

My point is proclaiming MTSU as the only good team in the Belt is completely disingenuous and makes your fan base look like mouth breathers.

RE: All Sun Belt - Burn the Horse - 02-09-2013 02:07 PM

The Sun Belt was founded as a basketball, baseball, and olympic sports Conference. Football has now taken priority obviously, and baseball has remained strong. I do think we can get our basketball back up to par in time. I'm excited about the future of Belt basketball. Troy has invested heavily in the sport while everyone else was spending on football. I think we'll see it swap around next, with most working on basketball while Troy builds our new endzone complex.

It's an exciting time to be in the SBC. Everyone is building and winning. We are on the rise.

RE: All Sun Belt - Blueraidersig - 02-09-2013 02:08 PM

(02-09-2013 02:05 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 01:57 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  It's been quite some time since the conference has gotten one period, I'll grant you the fact that the last time the conference got one it was USA, but that doesn't change the fact that this conference has been a one bid league for quite some time now. It's a shame we weren't this good up until very recently, the league would look a bit different today if five or six years ago we had three to four really good teams at once, as it stands now it's rare for us to have more than one truly quality team.

My point is proclaiming MTSU as the only good team in the Belt is completely disingenuous and makes your fan base look like mouth breathers.

Who else this year has anywhere close to the talent as us? We are the only good team in the belt this year...could we slip up and lose on any given night? Sure, but we are heads and shoulders above the rest of the belt this year.

RE: All Sun Belt - Tiguar - 02-09-2013 02:19 PM

(02-09-2013 02:08 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  Who else this year has anywhere close to the talent as us? We are the only good team in the belt this year...could we slip up and lose on any given night? Sure, but we are heads and shoulders above the rest of the belt this year.

And in two years y'all could be contributing to making the sun belt "blow ****".

I won't even be arguing you're "head and shoulders" above everyone else. I disagree but arguments like that go back and forth forever with no resolution.

RE: All Sun Belt - Blueraidersig - 02-09-2013 02:22 PM

(02-09-2013 02:19 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 02:08 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  Who else this year has anywhere close to the talent as us? We are the only good team in the belt this year...could we slip up and lose on any given night? Sure, but we are heads and shoulders above the rest of the belt this year.

And in two years y'all could be contributing to making the sun belt "blow ****".

I won't even be arguing you're "head and shoulders" above everyone else. I disagree but arguments like that go back and forth forever with no resolution.

In two years the only way we could contribute to the belt sucking would be beating y'all in OOC games

RE: All Sun Belt - Tiguar - 02-09-2013 02:23 PM

I think you understood my point.

RE: All Sun Belt - MTPiKapp - 02-09-2013 02:27 PM

I think the problem is some of our fans are looking at this year in a vacuum and you are looking at a wider spectrum. You're both wrong by one another's perspective.

RE: All Sun Belt - Tiguar - 02-09-2013 02:28 PM

Looking at just one year in a vacuum is not useful, which is why I chose to not apply that.

Next year MTSU could just be god awful. Making statements like the one made earlier gives the impression that MTSU is God's gift to sun belt basketball and it's just a shame they have to associate with peon programs like WKU and USA.

RE: All Sun Belt - Blueraidersig - 02-09-2013 02:29 PM

(02-09-2013 02:27 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

I think the problem is some of our fans are looking at this year in a vacuum and you are looking at a wider spectrum. You're both wrong by one another's perspective.

Thats probably a fair assessment