CSNbbs
ECU vs UTEP: Bowden Incident - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: ECU vs UTEP: Bowden Incident (/thread-615796.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - usmbacker - 01-28-2013 07:53 PM

East Carolina’s Shamarr Bowden apologizes after punching UTEP guard in the face

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - MUHERD76 - 01-28-2013 07:57 PM

Throwing two punches? Was he thrown out of the game?

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - ECMAN79 - 01-28-2013 07:59 PM

(01-28-2013 07:57 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Throwing two punches? Was he thrown out of the game?

yes....got a flagrant 2....ejected from the game and will be suspended in our game Wednesday night against Memphis

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - Niner National - 01-28-2013 08:01 PM

Shamarr Bowden is a piece of trash.

He's not a good basketball player anyway, so it's not really a big loss for ECU.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - PGPirate - 01-28-2013 08:41 PM

Glad to see usmbacker come out of his hole, whenever something negative for East Carolina occurs.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - usmbacker - 01-28-2013 10:33 PM

(01-28-2013 08:41 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Glad to see usmbacker come out of his hole, whenever something negative for East Carolina occurs.

Shoot the messenger.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - nomad2u2001 - 01-28-2013 10:53 PM

I hope the players involved both learned their lessons. Bowden shouldn't punch and UTEP guy should stop taking lessons from Marshall on the proper use of carrots.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - randaddyminer - 01-28-2013 11:23 PM

(01-28-2013 10:53 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I hope the players involved both learned their lessons. Bowden shouldn't punch and UTEP guy should stop taking lessons from Marshall on the proper use of carrots.

as you can see in the video, bowden has moved way passed carrots

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - GreenMississippi - 01-28-2013 11:34 PM

(01-28-2013 10:53 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I hope the players involved both learned their lessons. Bowden shouldn't punch and UTEP guy should stop taking lessons from Marshall on the proper use of carrots.
I didn't see what the UTEP player did, but I do know where Marshall stores their carrots. Is there a better... umm.. view?

Youtube of Shamarr Bowden punching Konner Tucker - stanman505 - 01-28-2013 11:43 PM

I personally don't think a one game suspension is enough. That is the minimum required by NCAA rules. If it was a UTEP player acting like this I would think at least two games. The officials didn't even see it until they went to the reply. They stopped the game because of the player hanging on the rim and Konner had to tell the official that he got hit in the face. I know CUSA officials are bad and miss calls all the time but to almost miss two punches being thrown is crazy.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - ECU_Drummer - 01-29-2013 12:23 AM

It doesn't make our program look good, and I'm not saying he was justified in what he did....maybe because it's about 12:30am, but I'm having a hard time giving a **** about this.

Would love to see someone take video of him throwing the punches and adding a knockout bell for each hit, I'd probably LMAO.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - JDTulane - 01-29-2013 12:29 AM

keep it classy

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - EagleRockCafe - 01-29-2013 12:42 AM

Was his one game suspension a league punishment or an ECU punishment?

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - TheEastisPurple - 01-29-2013 12:57 AM

(01-29-2013 12:42 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Was his one game suspension a league punishment or an ECU punishment?

Essentially ECU gave him a one game suspension and C-USA reviewed the incident and decided that was a fitting punishment.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - stanman505 - 01-29-2013 01:04 AM

The one game suspension is per NCAA Rules Section 7 article 2. I think it should have been more. He pushed him down from behind then landed two punches to the face while the player was on the floor and would have hit him a third time but the guy hanging from the rim got in his way. Don't try to act like ECU handled the situation. They had no choice in the punishment but could have sent a messege and suspened him for an additional game.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - eaglerock - 01-29-2013 01:16 AM

comments under the video suggest that this guy was arrested a few months ago on gun charges.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - TheEastisPurple - 01-29-2013 01:24 AM

(01-29-2013 01:04 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  The one game suspension is per NCAA Rules Section 7 article 2. I think it should have been more. He pushed him down from behind then landed two punches to the face while the player was on the floor and would have hit him a third time but the guy hanging from the rim got in his way. Don't try to act like ECU handled the situation. They had no choice in the punishment but could have sent a messege and suspened him for an additional game.

You are correct and I probably oversimplified it. That is why I said essentially. To be exact the NCAA requires a 1 game suspension, ECU announced a 1 game suspension, and then C-USA decided that the 1 game suspension was adequate.

I have not made a single excuse for Bowden and whatever result up to being kicked off the team would have been fine with me.

I don't want this to be misconstrued but I think what actually happened is being overreacted to. That's not to say there is a place in college (or pro) basketball for someone to even attempt to punch someone. It's unacceptable, and like I said I would have been fine with whatever punishment was handed down. All I'm saying is that if that is the best punches he can throw then he would have a hard time winning a fight against an average college student. He threw two wild punches and one of them landed a glancing blow. #25 walked to the UTEP bench about 10 feet from where I was sitting and he didn't look to be in much pain. He seemed to have more of a "WTF did I just get punched in a basketball game?" reaction to the whole thing.

There is no video that I have seen nor did I have a very clear view of the action under the basket at the other end on the play before the Bowden punches, but I can say for a fact that Bowden left that side of the court holding his face and grimacing. Is that an excuse for what happened? Of course not. The entire stadium didn't boo #25 for the rest of the game because he got punched though.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - EagleRockCafe - 01-29-2013 01:27 AM

(01-29-2013 01:23 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 01:20 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 01:16 AM)eaglerock Wrote:  comments under the video suggest that this guy was arrested a few months ago on gun charges.

Wow. Saw your post and did a google search. What the hell does this thug have to do to get tossed off the team. Really surprised ECU would keep this thug on their team after gun charges and his beating of the UTEP player. Zero respect for that basketball program.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/149556305.html?site=full

The gun charges were dropped. It was not him and he was able to prove it.
I deleted my post, I would appreciate it you would delete it out of your response since the gun charges were dropped.

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - MU ATO - 01-29-2013 01:36 AM

I bet he's a baller

RE: Media coverage of ECU player slugging UTEP player..... - randaddyminer - 01-29-2013 01:42 AM

the guy who intentionally tripped tucker should get a 2 game suspension. 1 for tripping tucker and 1 for making him fall into his own player 05-stirthepot

Bowden should get a 4 game suspension, 3 for the punches and 1 for tossing salad