CSNbbs
NIU versus Western Michigan - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: NIU versus Western Michigan (/thread-614027.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

NIU versus Western Michigan - NIU75 - 01-18-2013 08:29 PM

NIU 3 point dogs versus Western Michigan Saturday evening. NIU beats the spread and wins. We need to hold Paul down. The coaches, players and fans need a big win.
Waiting for Frisky Biscuit in depth scouting report. See you at the Convo Saturday night.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - NIUfilmmaker - 01-19-2013 01:34 AM

I'm happy to say I'll be at the Sundance Film Festival This weekend. 03-wink Wish I could be there, I can't wait to have good basketball in the Convo. Can't imagine how cool that place will be with 3.5-5k in the stands on a regular basis...

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - The Frisky Biscuit - 01-19-2013 03:17 AM

Ha, I'm no expert. I just look at the press releases and stats and do my best to make some sense of teams I don't have time to watch.

So, NIU has lost 2 straight and is 1-2 in the MAC. OH NOOOooooo! That means the Huskies are in a FIVE WAY tie for second in the MAC West, whose current leader is Toledo (6-8 record). The best overall record in the MAC West is 9-7. Once NIU starts playing the MAC West, some wins will come, I have to think. The dream of winning the first MAC West title since the halcyon days of Rob Judson is STILL ALIVE! (Yes, the MAC West is awful.)

Hey, Western Michigan is in the MAC West....and the other directional Michigans too (the 2 following games)! I feel a win or two coming on, is what I'm saying. Wins are good, you may have forgotten, just think of the football team. They win.

NIU has lost 6 straight to WMU, but WMU is only about .500 at the Convo. Steve Hawkins (WMU's coach) is 14-5 vs. NIU. WMU got hammered by Akron, barely lost to Ohio and rolled Toledo the last time out. Darius Paul is a freshman, but he's averaging over 11 ppg; in fact, WMU has 3 front court players that average 11+ ppg.

Going to be a tough matchup for NIU if they let WMU get the ball near the paint. WMU doesn't have an outstanding point man, but those front court scorers also rebound. I'm sure NIU would love to play a zone that denies the ball to the Bronco bigs and forces their guards to try and score. I sense a foul fest coming on if NIU can't deny the interior feed.

For me, it's always simple for NIU. I feel like they will always defend and rebound (unless they poop the bed, which happens), so unless the opponent rains threes, if NIU finds a way to score, they can win. NIU is doing a much better job of getting to the free throw line lately, which can only help with scoring. Nader is freakin' due to make some shots.

Kenny Battle will join Bill Baker for color commentating duties on Saturday, and all the other NIU athletes will be there to scribble on your stuff too. Kids are free. You can watch gymnastics if you show up early.

Now, for the only useful part of my nonsense, the game is available on the MAC's website (MAC). You just click on NIU or the green typed stuff that says "MAC digital network." If you made it this far on the internet, you can do it.

You can go basketball crazy and watch the ladies play earlier in the day if you want on the MAC's site too. WOW!

I'll be missing this one, for I have friends that require my attention, but NIU can win this one.

Go Huskies.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - niuguy - 01-19-2013 09:57 AM

(01-19-2013 01:34 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  I'm happy to say I'll be at the Sundance Film Festival This weekend. 03-wink Wish I could be there, I can't wait to have good basketball in the Convo. Can't imagine how cool that place will be with 3.5-5k in the stands on a regular basis...

Well aren't YOU special?!

....ok I'm jealous.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - NIU75 - 01-19-2013 10:31 AM

(01-19-2013 09:57 AM)niuguy Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 01:34 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  I'm happy to say I'll be at the Sundance Film Festival This weekend. 03-wink Wish I could be there, I can't wait to have good basketball in the Convo. Can't imagine how cool that place will be with 3.5-5k in the stands on a regular basis...

....ok I'm jealous.

Having a drink with Redford or beer at Fatty's? Moving on up.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - NIUfilmmaker - 01-19-2013 12:04 PM

(01-19-2013 09:57 AM)niuguy Wrote:  

....ok I'm jealous.

I did feel like a tool sliding that in there. You know I'll secretly be thinking of the NIU athletics board though while talking to Kevin Bacon on the chair lift.COGS

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - niu2222 - 01-19-2013 05:20 PM

Mader out for game, shoulder problem.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - cagy cager - 01-19-2013 05:32 PM

too bad but better mader than nader....I thought springs had shoulder problem? is it contagious?

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - HuskieJ - 01-19-2013 08:15 PM

This team is just hard to watch. So many mental mistakes and bad fouls.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - bikechuck - 01-19-2013 08:16 PM

(01-19-2013 08:15 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  This team is just hard to watch. So many mental mistakes and bad fouls.

Agreed

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - bikechuck - 01-19-2013 08:20 PM

Western looks quicker, stronger and has better shooting. Could be a long night.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - HuskieJ - 01-19-2013 08:27 PM

I see very little progress here. Poor shooting, poor passing, bad defense, I see no end to this embarassment.

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - thxjoenovak - 01-19-2013 08:36 PM

This is awful.

No offense. We get wide-open looks and cant do anything.

Post Nader down low so he can at least go to the line.

8 pts with 6:35 left in the half....mercy

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - MaddDawgz02 - 01-19-2013 08:37 PM

(01-19-2013 08:36 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  This is awful.

WMU is a very bad matchup for the Huskies

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - HuskieJ - 01-19-2013 08:40 PM

Let's be honest. Anything but a NAIA team is a bad match up for this group.

Re: NIU versus Western Michigan - Huskiefan38 - 01-19-2013 08:46 PM

This is just terrible.

Re: NIU versus Western Michigan - Huskiefan38 - 01-19-2013 08:46 PM

Why do our bums have more pt than or decent players

Re: NIU versus Western Michigan - Huskiefan38 - 01-19-2013 08:51 PM

Who is this cravatta guy and why is he so awesome?

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - RobertN - 01-19-2013 08:51 PM

(01-19-2013 08:37 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 08:36 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  This is awful.

Division 1 teams are very bad matchups for the Huskies
FIFY

RE: NIU versus Western Michigan - bikechuck - 01-19-2013 08:55 PM

Not sure that I am going to watch the second half. Montgomery's teams seem to always play hard and they always seem to be overmatched. He better bring in a solid class both next year and the year after. I still hope that he is the guy that can turn the program around but the clock is running and next year is his third year and time to begin showing some results.