CSNbbs
Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. (/thread-613188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - eagles09 - 01-14-2013 09:02 PM

I am predicting Southern Miss to run the table In either 2014 or 2015. As the new teams transition into cusa it's gonna be a perfect time for southern miss to run the table. I know I sound delusional coming off an 0 and 12 season, but we had many true freshman getting experience last season during the debacle. The schedule in 2015 will set up perfect for us to run the table with byu and miss state at home, and all those freshman that got experience this season will be seniors. Hopefully Southern Miss can become the backbone of the new and improved cusa, and the undefeated season can garner respect for the conference as a whole.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - techdawg88 - 01-14-2013 09:10 PM

as long as you have UTEP & Tulsa, nothing is a given to run the table

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Hop45 - 01-14-2013 09:12 PM

And don't forget what happened the last time you played Middle 04-chairshot

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Thegoldstandard - 01-14-2013 09:13 PM

(01-14-2013 09:12 PM)Hop45 Wrote:  And don't forget what happened the last time you played Middle 04-chairshot

We dont have Todd Bradford anymore and you dont have have dasher, prancer donner or blitzen

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - eagles09 - 01-14-2013 09:24 PM

Nice I like to see some trash talk already. We are gonna run this league.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - AtlantaEagle - 01-14-2013 09:30 PM

There's actually nothing new in the anchor or backbone of C-USA concept.
We were the anchor (along with Houston) in football on formation of the conference & have been pretty much the foundation ever since.
It's not bragging, it just is.
Just like Memphis was in basketball.
That being said, doesn't mean we've had the best team every year, Houston, UCF, ECU & Tulsa has had great runs as the best team.
No doubt, Tulsa has been the most successful team since the CG.

There's good programs still in, & coming into the conference who can win big.

I can tell you though, these type threads rarely end well.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - banker - 01-14-2013 09:31 PM

I know you all were dead weight last year, but I don't think you'll be an anchor going forward.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - banker - 01-14-2013 09:32 PM

Okay, I was joking but couldn't pass it up.

I'll go ahead and say it now - Marshall is back and will win the conference each of the next two years so you'll have to wait for 2015 to have your shot.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Orange County Owl - 01-14-2013 09:32 PM

Rice won its last five games - including a bowl game - and had the fewest number of freshmen in all of the FBS.

Of course, no one ever thinks about us ... but we will be in the hunt for the title next year. We get Tulsa at home.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - TheEastisPurple - 01-14-2013 09:39 PM

(01-14-2013 09:32 PM)Orange County Owl Wrote:  Rice won its last five games - including a bowl game - and had the fewest number of freshmen in all of the FBS.

Of course, no one ever thinks about us ... but we will be in the hunt for the title next year. We get Tulsa at home.

I'm guessing you meant seniors? Rice opened my eyes at the end of the season. Looked very solid in every aspect against AFA in the bowl game.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Rabonchild - 01-14-2013 09:42 PM

Git whatcha can before we got there.

Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - herdftblfan1 - 01-14-2013 09:44 PM

I truly believe Marshall runs through this conference next year. There is simply way too much talent on campus and with a new, experienced DC, I think the Herd will be very tough to beat in conference.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - RonBurgundy - 01-14-2013 09:54 PM

Everyone knows the road to the CUSA football title runs down I20 through Ruston...

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - jfisher - 01-14-2013 10:02 PM

Right, and that road ends up in Tulsa!!

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - Thegoldstandard - 01-14-2013 10:04 PM

but your going to the land of milk honey and east carolina

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - eagles09 - 01-14-2013 10:07 PM

I'm excited to make the trip to Ruston. I will always remember the monsoon bowl to start the 2011 season with a 9 pm kickoff. It was nice to see a good number of la tech fans pre gaming at Hooters.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - RonBurgundy - 01-14-2013 10:13 PM

(01-14-2013 10:07 PM)eagles09 Wrote:  I'm excited to make the trip to Ruston. I will always remember the monsoon bowl to start the 2011 season with a 9 pm kickoff. It was nice to see a good number of la tech fans pre gaming at Hooters.

I was actually at that Hooters watching the Boise State and Georgia game before heading to the game. USM was a fun place to visit and looking forward to coming back to Hattiesburg. Maybe we will have a rain free game in our next meeting.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - stinkfist - 01-14-2013 10:14 PM

(01-14-2013 09:32 PM)Orange County Owl Wrote:  Rice won its last five games - including a bowl game - and had the fewest number of freshmen in all of the FBS.

I parked 20 yds from the gate this year...you guys whooped us just like everyone else but don't come with smack...the pizza line was longer than parking line to get in....

You guys have talent, but I bet you can't name our replacement QB for that game...and he didn't make it to the finish line

....but he will this year...with a coach

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - ECU-DMB Fanatic - 01-14-2013 10:16 PM

(01-14-2013 09:44 PM)herdftblfan1 Wrote:  I truly believe Marshall runs through this conference next year. There is simply way too much talent on campus and with a new, experienced DC, I think the Herd will be very tough to beat in conference.

You guys say the same thing every year....03-yawn I agree with the talent being there.

Next year is very tough to call with all the new members....ECU returns almost all of our offensive starters and a good portion of our 2 deep on defense. Just got to get the defensive side of the ball stabilized and as we speak we still do not have a new DC. Some of the DC candidate names out there are exciting, maybe we will get a good one and get some decent play on that side of the ball.

RE: Southern Miss to anchor the New Cusa. - eagles09 - 01-14-2013 10:19 PM

I'm waiting for Uab to enter this conversation. I believe that Magee has them on the up.