CSNbbs
If Tulsa does leave...... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: If Tulsa does leave...... (/thread-611858.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

If Tulsa does leave...... - MUHERD76 - 01-07-2013 08:20 PM

Based on the Andy Katz quotes today......if Tulsa does leave, who replaces them in the west?

Arkansas State?

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - BeagleUSM - 01-07-2013 08:27 PM

Rice beat writer says Tulsa turned down the BE. Maybe USM gets a shot

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - UAB Band Dad - 01-07-2013 08:28 PM

Tulsa's smart.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - HP-TBDPITL - 01-07-2013 08:36 PM

(01-07-2013 08:27 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  Rice beat writer says Tulsa turned down the BE. Maybe USM gets a shot

He was referring to when Tulane got offered. Not now.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Nice Guy Eddie - 01-07-2013 08:39 PM

The offer at the time was for football only. We'll see what happens now. The blog piece by Andy Katz this morning was the first news we at Tulsa have seen on the matter. Who knows?

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - eagleriffic - 01-07-2013 08:40 PM

With all the rumors its hard to keep up. Thought someone said Tulsa was offered a fb only spot & said no.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Side Show Joe - 01-07-2013 09:35 PM

I pray we don't lose Tulsa, but if we did, I'd rather stick with 13. Even if we lost two programs, I'd prefer to stay at 12. All of the possible additions will still be there later.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - ECU-DMB Fanatic - 01-07-2013 09:46 PM

(01-07-2013 08:40 PM)eagleriffic Wrote:  With all the rumors its hard to keep up. Thought someone said Tulsa was offered a fb only spot & said no.

That is a totally unfounded rumor...They were never offered anything by the Big East. Now someone associated with the Big East could have possibly gauged their interest for a football only invite but their was never a vote to offer them membership. When ECU and Tulane were added there was a vote at that time that approved football only invites for ECU and BYU then all sports for Tulane. Obviously we all know that BYU said no...We will see what happens soon, when it is all said and done I hope we end up with both USM and Tulsa.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Noodles - 01-07-2013 09:54 PM

(01-07-2013 09:46 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(01-07-2013 08:40 PM)eagleriffic Wrote:  With all the rumors its hard to keep up. Thought someone said Tulsa was offered a fb only spot & said no.

That is a totally unfounded rumor...They were never offered anything by the Big East. Now someone associated with the Big East could have possibly gauged their interest for a football only invite but their was never a vote to offer them membership. When ECU and Tulane were added there was a vote at that time that approved football only invites for ECU and BYU then all sports for Tulane. Obviously we all know that BYU said no...We will see what happens soon, when it is all said and done I hope we end up with both USM and Tulsa.

ECU fans are such experts. We are so fortunate to have them around to set us straight. What will we ever do when they leave us?

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - TitanTopper - 01-07-2013 10:21 PM

Hmmmm.... 03-2thumbsup

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Pony94 - 01-07-2013 10:35 PM

(01-07-2013 09:35 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I pray we don't lose Tulsa, but if we did, I'd rather stick with 13. Even if we lost two programs, I'd prefer to stay at 12. All of the possible additions will still be there later.

I am waiting for Plumm's it's all SMU's fault. Yes we chose LaTech over you guys but that was due to them being conference mates nothing more.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Blazer88 - 01-07-2013 11:01 PM

WKU

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - MU ATO - 01-08-2013 10:05 AM

(01-07-2013 09:54 PM)Noodles Wrote:  

ECU fans are such experts. We are so fortunate to have them around to set us straight. What will we ever do when they leave us?

Spend all that $$$$ we all will get.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - randaddyminer - 01-08-2013 11:32 AM

Of course you're right, had tulsa declined the invitation that would mean ecu was sloppy seconds.... Well, after UNLV and Fresno declined first, I lose count

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - BeliefBlazer - 01-08-2013 11:49 AM

Adding WKU would likely shove UAB to the West.
Rice
UTSA
UTEP
USM
La Tech
UAB
North Texas

Difficult decision. It would keep us with USM but would separate us from Charlotte, Marshall, ODU, & MTSU in football.

If Tulsa and Rice/USM go then I bet a gold nickel NMSU will be added.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Niner National - 01-08-2013 12:01 PM

(01-08-2013 11:49 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Adding WKU would likely shove UAB to the West.
Rice
UTSA
UTEP
USM
La Tech
UAB
North Texas

Difficult decision. It would keep us with USM but would separate us from Charlotte, Marshall, ODU, & MTSU in football.

NMSU being invited would be a *** **** joke.

I don't really have any interest in any potential schools except WKU (for basketball purposes), but pretty much any school out there is a better option than adding NMSU. Give me Texas State, Arkansas State, ULL, Delaware, UMass....anyone.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - baruna falls - 01-08-2013 12:06 PM

(01-08-2013 12:01 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 11:49 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Adding WKU would likely shove UAB to the West.
Rice
UTSA
UTEP
USM
La Tech
UAB
North Texas

I don't really have any interest in any potential schools except WKU (for basketball purposes), but pretty much any school out there is a better option than adding NMSU. Give me Texas State, Arkansas State, ULL, Delaware, UMass....anyone.

Considering that Charlotte has never played a down a football seems unfair to throw stones at programs who do. Let's see what Charlotte looks like after a few years of playing football before we judge other schools.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - HerdZoned - 01-08-2013 12:25 PM

(01-08-2013 12:01 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Give me Texas State, Arkansas State, ULL, Delaware, UMass....anyone.

Delaware just fired their coach last night.

KC Keeler Out At Delaware

There are many that think Delaware may move from the CAA, down to the Patriot League. The admin they have there it wouldn't suprise me.

In football the Patriot League looks like this:

Bucknell
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown
Lafayette
Lehigh

The president and AD at Delaware have clearly stated in the last 6 months that they have no desire to move up. And the school is clearly focused on the academic side.

The reason given for firing Keeler was they wanted to move the university in a different direction. Not they wanted the football team to go in a different direction.

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - the1sttransport - 01-08-2013 12:34 PM

I could really see Tulsa to BE and UTEP to MWC, with a possibility of USM to BE as well (I'd rate that as unlikely however).

Rice, UAB, Marshall would be in a drastically different conference from last year

RE: If Tulsa does leave...... - Niner National - 01-08-2013 12:35 PM

(01-08-2013 12:06 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 12:01 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
Rice
UTSA
UTEP
USM
La Tech
UAB
North Texas

Considering that Charlotte has never played a down a football seems unfair to throw stones at programs who do. Let's see what Charlotte looks like after a few years of playing football before we judge other schools.
I'd rather have 0 football history than a history of pathetic failure, no support, a god awful location, terrible facilities, low endowment, etc.

NMSU has nothing attractive. Nothing.

Charlotte has never played a down and we've already surpassed them.