CSNbbs
Random question: What does it mean ... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Random question: What does it mean ... (/thread-611538.html)

Random question: What does it mean ... - BlazerGrad88 - 01-05-2013 09:56 PM

... when "the 30-second timeout becomes a full timeout?"

RE: Random question: What does it mean ... - the_blazerman - 01-05-2013 09:58 PM

At certain points in the game, when you take a timeout it becomes a full timeout.

I think the first timeout in each half taken may be a full timeout.

Also, if it was like the pros, you could signal 30 second timeout & then change your mind & make it a full timeout.

RE: Random question: What does it mean ... - blazr - 01-06-2013 01:32 AM

(01-05-2013 09:58 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  At certain points in the game, when you take a timeout it becomes a full timeout.

I think the first timeout in each half taken may be a full timeout.

Also, if it was like the pros, you could signal 30 second timeout & then change your mind & make it a full timeout.

I know the first timeout of the 2nd half becomes a full timeout regardless of what the coach called for, but the team only gets charged with a 30s timeout if that's what they called. I would assume it's the same in the 1st half but I don't specifically remember ever hearing that said in the 1st half...then again, I'm listening for it in the 2nd half because - like you - I wanted to know what the rule was.

RE: Random question: What does it mean ... - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-07-2013 01:05 AM

I would suppose that a time out called specifically to stop the clock until the next play is run and nothing else might be called for 30 seconds rather than the full 2 minutes IF the calling team has TOs to spare. I think it is a concept "borrowed" from basketball where it stops the clock when major changes in play calling or interrupting the other team's momentum is not needed. Everybody seems to want to speed up both games to a minimum time.

RE: Random question: What does it mean ... - WhoDatBlazer - 01-07-2013 11:26 AM

it is only the first called time-out of the 2nd half that is extended to a full time-out. the team is only charged with a :30. it is an extend TO for media.