CSNbbs
The right guy has the job - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: The right guy has the job (/thread-609484.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The right guy has the job - BIGGESTTIGERJLB - 12-26-2012 06:19 PM

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/dec/26/university-of-memphis-basketball-coach-josh-life/

RE: The right guy has the job - salukiblue - 12-26-2012 06:26 PM

While there is no doubt that Pastner is a superb, caring human being we know all of that doesn't matter (in the scope of high D1 basketball) unless he is putting quality teams on the court making deep runs. If just being a good guy is the standard, the next coach will just be drafted from some seminary.

RE: The right guy has the job - BIGGESTTIGERJLB - 12-26-2012 06:30 PM

The winning will come (on the big stage). Patience is a virtue, grasshopper. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

RE: The right guy has the job - IRISHMO120 - 12-26-2012 06:42 PM

(12-26-2012 06:30 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  The winning will come (on the big stage). Patience is a virtue, grasshopper. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Patience is what separates what could be from what can never be,
I got faith in Coach Pastner.

RE: The right guy has the job - salukiblue - 12-26-2012 07:08 PM

(12-26-2012 06:30 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  The winning will come (on the big stage). Patience is a virtue, grasshopper. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a joyous Kwanzaa to you, too.

RE: The right guy has the job - TigerBo - 12-26-2012 07:11 PM

(12-26-2012 06:42 PM)IRISHMO120 Wrote:  

If he'd just tweak his lineup a little.. I'd have even more faith!

RE: The right guy has the job - BIGGESTTIGERJLB - 12-26-2012 07:12 PM

(12-26-2012 07:08 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa. Umoja meaning UNITY means to strive and maintain unity in the family and community.

RE: The right guy has the job - IRISHMO120 - 12-26-2012 07:14 PM

(12-26-2012 07:11 PM)TigerBo Wrote:  
(12-26-2012 06:42 PM)IRISHMO120 Wrote:  

If he'd just tweak his lineup a little.. I'd have even more faith!

Yes that too....

RE: The right guy has the job - transitt - 12-26-2012 08:41 PM

I've said this many times but really do believe it. Josh Pastner's biggest problem right now is the same dogged work ethic which works so well for him in recruiting. He tends to over think everything on the court (hence the constant lineup shuffling). He wants to create the perfect situation all the time; which is obviously impossible. He reminds me of Peyton Manning his first few years in the NFL. Most of Peyton's mistakes were due to thinking too much. Josh knows basketball. Anyone should be able to see that. He just needs to get out of his own way and go with his gut more and his brain less. I really think that if he'll trust his instincts more and not try to come up with 15 answers for every situation, he'll be a hell of an in game coach.

RE: The right guy has the job - Tiger USA - 12-26-2012 09:10 PM

Happy Festivus!!

RE: The right guy has the job - Nobody4Prez - 12-26-2012 10:00 PM

(12-26-2012 09:10 PM)Tiger USA Wrote:  Happy Festivus!!

Time to gather around the pole and begin Feats of Strength. Then we will have the airence of the greivences....IT WILL BE A FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US

RE: The right guy has the job - salukiblue - 12-26-2012 10:33 PM

(12-26-2012 07:12 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa. Umoja meaning UNITY means to strive and maintain unity in the family and community.

Of course it does.

RE: The right guy has the job - macgar32 - 12-26-2012 11:52 PM

We were patient with West...

We were much less patient with Porter...

Sometimes being patient is not the right decision...But that is not clear with Pastner yet. As I have said before this crop of kids may just be jaded/hardheaded. We will find out next next year if the new batch respond better.

RE: The right guy has the job - Obsidian - 12-27-2012 12:04 AM

I'm more concerned with the right coach having the job.

RE: The right guy has the job - BandwagonJumper - 12-27-2012 12:27 AM

(12-26-2012 10:33 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(12-26-2012 07:12 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  

Of course it does.

Who gives a ****?

RE: The right guy has the job - BuccTiger - 12-27-2012 03:13 AM

(12-26-2012 08:41 PM)transitt Wrote:  I've said this many times but really do believe it. Josh Pastner's biggest problem right now is the same dogged work ethic which works so well for him in recruiting. He tends to over think everything on the court (hence the constant lineup shuffling). He wants to create the perfect situation all the time; which is obviously impossible. He reminds me of Peyton Manning his first few years in the NFL. Most of Peyton's mistakes were due to thinking too much. Josh knows basketball. Anyone should be able to see that. He just needs to get out of his own way and go with his gut more and his brain less. I really think that if he'll trust his instincts more and not try to come up with 15 answers for every situation, he'll be a hell of an in game coach.

I think there is some truth to this.

I also think the players are thinking too much.....that, and the guards have an inability to make a post pass. Come on get it to Black on the low block.

RE: The right guy has the job - gthom - 12-27-2012 08:19 AM

Rip Scherer was a hell of a great guy, too.

And since he left here, he has had a successful career as a college and NFL assistant coach making lots of money along the way.

Josh could make a crapload of money for the next 30 years being lead recruiter for big coaches/programs, and in my opinion, that's exactly what he should do. I know he's ambitious and wants to be the head man, but he's just not cut out for it.

How many years do we have to watch the same thing happen over and over before the reality is accepted? Come on, Tiger Fans, you are short-changing yourselves.

RE: The right guy has the job - herkermer - 12-27-2012 08:23 AM

(12-27-2012 08:19 AM)gthom Wrote:  Rip Scherer was a hell of a great guy, too.

And since he left here, he has had a successful career as a college and NFL assistant coach making lots of money along the way.

Josh could make a crapload of money for the next 30 years being lead recruiter for big coaches/programs, and in my opinion, that's exactly what he should do. I know he's ambitious and wants to be the head man, but he's just not cut out for it.

How many years do we have to watch the same thing happen over and over before the reality is accepted? Come on, Tiger Fans, you are short-changing yourselves.

Lincoln freed the slaves... You dont HAVE to watch.

RE: The right guy has the job - gthom - 12-27-2012 08:57 AM

(12-27-2012 08:23 AM)herkermer Wrote:  Lincoln freed the slaves... You dont HAVE to watch.

When you care about your program you do.

You may be under the impression that people of my opinion are the minority. We aren't. One way or another, change is coming. It will come from Josh figuring this thing out and delivering more results, or it will come from Josh not being our coach anymore. But I can assure you that the status quo isn't going to continue long term.

If you like Josh, spend your time at church praying that he can find the way. He has every opportunity to succeed.

RE: The right guy has the job - idroot4russia - 12-27-2012 09:52 AM

(12-26-2012 08:41 PM)transitt Wrote:  I've said this many times but really do believe it. Josh Pastner's biggest problem right now is the same dogged work ethic which works so well for him in recruiting. He tends to over think everything on the court (hence the constant lineup shuffling). He wants to create the perfect situation all the time; which is obviously impossible. He reminds me of Peyton Manning his first few years in the NFL. Most of Peyton's mistakes were due to thinking too much. Josh knows basketball. Anyone should be able to see that. He just needs to get out of his own way and go with his gut more and his brain less. I really think that if he'll trust his instincts more and not try to come up with 15 answers for every situation, he'll be a hell of an in game coach.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Josh needs to quit being such a spaz and let the guys play.