CSNbbs
CUSA sucks.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: CUSA sucks.... (/thread-608967.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: CUSA sucks.... - runamuck - 12-23-2012 11:48 AM

(12-23-2012 10:10 AM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 08:14 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 07:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 06:35 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  By the way, for you FAU fans Louisiana is 6-6 in 2008, 6-6 in 2009, 3-9 in 2010, 9-4 in 2011 and 9-4 in 2012. Back to back NOLA Bowl champs and you think FAU is a great program? Come on man!

Come on man yourself. Where did a fau fan say they were a "great program" so far as I can tell all they've done is defend themselves against a ulm blowhard going on and on about what a bottom feeder they are.

Don't let what actually get said get in the way of a good story chump

I have said multiple times that FAU isn't a great program. None of the Sun Belt programs are great programs. Some of you guys on here need a reality check. Major college football programs think all of our schools are joke programs. Just stating facts.

Yes ULL has done better lately than FAU. You guys have 2 bowl wins in back to back to years. However those are your only bowl wins all time.. You go back 4 and 5 years and FAU would be the team with back to back bowl wins while ULL would have none.

But people on this board seem to concentrate solely on the past 2-3 years in football alone to determine an entire schools worth. It is hilarious to say the least. And like I said, FAU has not been a bottom feeder in sports like baseball and basketball. To be a bottom feeder overall, you have to suck in everything as a whole. While FAU has been down in football the past 3-4 years, it isn't as if every program has been down.

Sorry but I am not going to just sit here and let the idiots on here put down my school especially when the junk they are spewing is false.

I think the SBC can stand pat with the schools that are left and be a solid conf. It wont happen overnight. certainly branding will be important...I think it is smart of U-laf to use Louisiana..and SW Texas state to become Texas State..My own school..UT-Arlington should get UTA to be more recognised as the brand..back when we had football that was the effort..

RE: CUSA sucks.... - topper1296 - 12-23-2012 12:00 PM

(12-23-2012 11:48 AM)runamuck Wrote:  I think the SBC can stand pat with the schools that are left and be a solid conf. It wont happen overnight. certainly branding will be important...I think it is smart of U-laf to use Louisiana..and SW Texas state to become Texas State..My own school..UT-Arlington should get UTA to be more recognised as the brand..back when we had football that was the effort..

Good luck with that fight. We have been trying for years to be known as "WKU", however ESPN (among others) still calls us W Kentucky and/or Western KY all the time.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - Ragu - 12-23-2012 12:42 PM

(12-23-2012 11:38 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 07:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 06:35 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  By the way, for you FAU fans Louisiana is 6-6 in 2008, 6-6 in 2009, 3-9 in 2010, 9-4 in 2011 and 9-4 in 2012. Back to back NOLA Bowl champs and you think FAU is a great program? Come on man!

Come on man yourself. Where did a fau fan say they were a "great program" so far as I can tell all they've done is defend themselves against a ulm blowhard going on and on about what a bottom feeder they are.

I have said multiple times that FAU isn't a great program. None of the Sun Belt programs are great programs. Some of you guys on here need a reality check. Major college football programs think all of our schools are joke programs. Just stating facts.

Yes ULL has done better lately than FAU. You guys have 2 bowl wins in back to back to years. However those are your only bowl wins all time.. You go back 4 and 5 years and FAU would be the team with back to back bowl wins while ULL would have none.

But people on this board seem to concentrate solely on the past 2-3 years in football alone to determine an entire schools worth. It is hilarious to say the least. And like I said, FAU has not been a bottom feeder in sports like baseball and basketball. To be a bottom feeder overall, you have to suck in everything as a whole. While FAU has been down in football the past 3-4 years, it isn't as if every program has been down.

Sorry but I am not going to just sit here and let the idiots on here put down my school especially when the junk they are spewing is false.

For a short period FAU had some decent teams and still were lucky to get 10,000 fans in the stands. So bottom feeder still fits.

No it really doesn't. The basketball and baseball aren't bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. I swear some of you guys don't know the definition of a bottom feeder team in a conference. Ark St just lost to FIU/FAU in bball this season for God sakes.

But hey to Ark St/ULL etc fans on here all that matters is the last 2-3 years of football and nothing else to measure a school's worth. Again it is laughable to say the least.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - ark30inf - 12-23-2012 01:54 PM

(12-23-2012 12:42 PM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 07:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Come on man yourself. Where did a fau fan say they were a "great program" so far as I can tell all they've done is defend themselves against a ulm blowhard going on and on about what a bottom feeder they are.

For a short period FAU had some decent teams and still were lucky to get 10,000 fans in the stands. So bottom feeder still fits.

No it really doesn't. The basketball and baseball aren't bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. I swear some of you guys don't know the definition of a bottom feeder team in a conference. Ark St just lost to FIU/FAU in bball this season for God sakes.

But hey to Ark St/ULL etc fans on here all that matters is the last 2-3 years of football and nothing else to measure a school's worth. Again it is laughable to say the least.

We don't really have a lot of room to talk. We have only upgraded leadership in the last few years to position ourselves for the bigger things we have always been capable of. We have a lot of in-state issues.

I think FAU did a pretty good job early on. It will have to be seen whether recent stumbles are just growing pains.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - chiefsfan - 12-23-2012 02:04 PM

(12-22-2012 07:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Come on man yourself. Where did a fau fan say they were a "great program" so far as I can tell all they've done is defend themselves against a ulm blowhard going on and on about what a bottom feeder they are.

We here in Arkansas have already determined that this whole basketball thing is very unimportant in the grand scheme of things. We'll stick to sports we win at thank you very much.

(This is truthfully a trend in this entire state, basketball is dying out in a way, and baseball is at the height of its popularity.)

RE: CUSA sucks.... - tyler90wm - 12-23-2012 02:23 PM

(12-23-2012 12:00 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  Good luck with that fight. We have been trying for years to be known as "WKU", however ESPN (among others) still calls us W Kentucky and/or Western KY all the time.

Unfortunately, ESPN does that to many programs; off the top of my mind, they call UCF "C Florida" and ULM "La-Monroe".

RE: CUSA sucks.... - BamaCajun - 12-23-2012 03:04 PM

Ragu, what's really laughable is this Napolenic complex you've developed since your twin sister left for CUSA. If you think stAte & UL only remember the last two or three years, then your FAU education is failing you greatly. It's clear by reading either of our boards we are fully aware of our histories. Take a deep breath and smoke one. It will make you feel better. Quit being a hater.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - Ragu - 12-23-2012 03:22 PM

These posters from Ark St/ULL are delusional if they think they are way better than FAU across all sports. Same with the people thinking their education is better. These are very similar schools and athletic programs. People need to realize that. I have been saying that for quite some time.

I am not the one acting like the school I went to is way above the others. I have actually said that they are similar schools and the people thinking they have a right to brag need some perspective. Good to see the 2 Ark St posters above having some perspective.

The only "haters" on here are the ones constantly putting down the teams leaving while ignoring all of the positives. I have been very upfront in saying that I hope the Sun Belt continues to do well. And I have said that WKU/ARK St would be awesome additions to CUSA. I would add them right now if I were in charge.

(12-23-2012 03:04 PM)BamaCajun Wrote:  Ragu, what's really laughable is this Napolenic complex you've developed since your twin sister left for CUSA. If you think stAte & UL only remember the last two or three years, then your FAU education is failing you greatly. It's clear by reading either of our boards we are fully aware of our histories. Take a deep breath and smoke one. It will make you feel better. Quit being a hater.

(12-22-2012 08:14 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Don't let what actually get said get in the way of a good story chump

RE: CUSA sucks.... - Fanof49ASU - 12-23-2012 04:50 PM

(12-23-2012 12:42 PM)Ragu Wrote:  No it really doesn't. The basketball and baseball aren't bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. I swear some of you guys don't know the definition of a bottom feeder team in a conference. Ark St just lost to FIU/FAU in bball this season for God sakes.

We play basketball?

RE: CUSA sucks.... - chiefsfan - 12-23-2012 05:19 PM

(12-23-2012 04:50 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 12:42 PM)Ragu Wrote:  No it really doesn't. The basketball and baseball aren't bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. I swear some of you guys don't know the definition of a bottom feeder team in a conference. Ark St just lost to FIU/FAU in bball this season for God sakes.

We play basketball?

You know if we shut down the basketball program and funneled all of the money we spend on that yearly into other sports, I can guarantee you we would perform a lot better in a few of our weaker olympic sports. Baseball facilities could use some upgrades, I wonder how much of Brady's salary will cover those...hmm

RE: CUSA sucks.... - chiefsfan - 12-23-2012 05:27 PM

(12-23-2012 03:22 PM)Ragu Wrote:  These posters from Ark St/ULL are delusional if they think they are way better than FAU across all sports. Same with the people thinking their education is better. These are very similar schools and athletic programs. People need to realize that. I have been saying that for quite some time.

I am not the one acting like the school I went to is way above the others. I have actually said that they are similar schools and the people thinking they have a right to brag need some perspective. Good to see the 2 Ark St posters above having some perspective.

The only "haters" on here are the ones constantly putting down the teams leaving while ignoring all of the positives. I have been very upfront in saying that I hope the Sun Belt continues to do well. And I have said that WKU/ARK St would be awesome additions to CUSA. I would add them right now if I were in charge.

(12-23-2012 03:04 PM)BamaCajun Wrote:  Ragu, what's really laughable is this Napolenic complex you've developed since your twin sister left for CUSA. If you think stAte & UL only remember the last two or three years, then your FAU education is failing you greatly. It's clear by reading either of our boards we are fully aware of our histories. Take a deep breath and smoke one. It will make you feel better. Quit being a hater.

(12-23-2012 10:10 AM)Ragu Wrote:  I have said multiple times that FAU isn't a great program. None of the Sun Belt programs are great programs. Some of you guys on here need a reality check. Major college football programs think all of our schools are joke programs. Just stating facts.

Please remember that you are dealing with a large percentage of posters who up until a month ago saw no value at all in ever leaving the SBC. There is going to be a lot of anger aimed at MTSU and FAU for leaving and ruining the stability that this league was supposed to be known for.

We all have legit fears that we are going to have to rebuild this entire league because a few programs who many fans see as weaker went to a new league.

Look at what FIU's athletic program has done the last few years and couple their fan support, and try explaining to a fan of ASU and UL, who both lead the league in attendance, that what they have done doesnt count because they dont play in Miami.

The only way a fan is not going to be angry at FAU is if that fan has truly accepted that they are a Sun Belt team, and will always be one, and that is going to be hard for many people to accept. Heck, up until a couple weeks ago we had fans who actually believed that ASU was pushing for a Big 12 invite...which is laughable.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - MTPiKapp - 12-23-2012 06:22 PM

(12-23-2012 05:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

We play basketball?

You know if we shut down the basketball program and funneled all of the money we spend on that yearly into other sports, I can guarantee you we would perform a lot better in a few of our weaker olympic sports. Baseball facilities could use some upgrades, I wonder how much of Brady's salary will cover those...hmm

Are there any fbs schools that don't sponsor hoops? I can't think of any.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - chiefsfan - 12-23-2012 06:33 PM

(12-23-2012 06:22 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 05:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

We play basketball?

Are there any fbs schools that don't sponsor hoops? I can't think of any.

Its cost effective, and an easy way to pair a Mens and Womens sport together for Title IX. Unfortunately ASU basketball is a shell of its former self in both Mens and Womens, and both are doing nothing more then drain money that could easily be shelled into sports like football.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - airtroop - 12-23-2012 08:20 PM

(12-23-2012 02:23 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 12:00 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  Good luck with that fight. We have been trying for years to be known as "WKU", however ESPN (among others) still calls us W Kentucky and/or Western KY all the time.

Unfortunately, ESPN does that to many programs; off the top of my mind, they call UCF "C Florida" and ULM "La-Monroe".

Or, even worse - South Alabama = "SAL" lately @ ESPN.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - mathenis89 - 12-23-2012 08:49 PM

(12-23-2012 08:20 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

MTSU = MTU
ULL = UL-Lafayette

RE: CUSA sucks.... - BLEEDITRED - 12-23-2012 11:24 PM

(12-22-2012 02:15 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 02:12 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  And again, what does the school I root for have anything to do with this conversation?

Nothing. You're right, please continue being a *******.

Damn you're an ass.

CUSA sucks.... - Journeyman22 - 12-24-2012 01:02 AM

(12-23-2012 08:20 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

At CBS Sports, USA is "SALAB." Really!

RE: CUSA sucks.... - UTArlingtonMaverick - 12-24-2012 09:40 AM

(12-23-2012 12:00 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 11:48 AM)runamuck Wrote:  I think the SBC can stand pat with the schools that are left and be a solid conf. It wont happen overnight. certainly branding will be important...I think it is smart of U-laf to use Louisiana..and SW Texas state to become Texas State..My own school..UT-Arlington should get UTA to be more recognised as the brand..back when we had football that was the effort..

Good luck with that fight. We have been trying for years to be known as "WKU", however ESPN (among others) still calls us W Kentucky and/or Western KY all the time.
"UTA" used to be our primary short-hand designation...still is with many people, which is fine. When President Spaniolo came in about eight years ago, he launched a branding study. The study went to high schoolers in the area and through out Texas, to councilors, and the public. It was comprehensive, but one important finding was that a surprisingly high percentage of people (surprising, at least, to many of us close to the university) didn't know what "UTA" was or confused it with the South Campus. (Their city name begins with an "A," too.) This finding was not only with national audiences, but within Texas. Since then, the primary branding designation is "UT Arlington" (without a hyphen, which doesn't exist in the full name, either). However, we have not abandoned "UTA." University policy allows it on second reference and informally. So, for anybody on this board, for instance, it is fine to use either. I think the emphasis to "UT Arlington" good. For one thing, it has, in any case, been around since the beginning. More importantly, it clears things up not only nationally, but within the state. Also, it is analogous to what is frequently done in the very fine UC System, such as with the branding of UC Santa Cruz and UC Irvine.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - Tom in Lazybrook - 12-24-2012 11:31 AM

Losing FAU and FIU didn't do much to damage the Belt. Few of our teams recruit there. They didn't pull much support even when they had a winning record in football. UNT has more support, but they haven't been able to win in football in a very long time. In basketball, FIU is a dumpster fire. FAU and UNT are okay but haven't raised the profile of the Belt in basketball. To be clear, FIU and FAU have some passionate fans, but the problem is that they don't have very many of them.

MTSU was the one that damaged the Belt by leaving. But that's it. MTSU was a good program, but the real damage was the loss of stability that resulted from MTSU's departure as WKU and stAte want to stay with them.

We can't do much about Waters' disaster of a TV contract. The bowl situation is changing so that even CUSA will be losing bowls in the future, so its unlikely we will get more than 1 more bowl tie in in the future in the Belt. So CUSA will have more money in the short run. And will have more bowl access. Benson will do what he can in that area, but his room for action in those areas is limited for the time being.

What the Belt can do, is to keep outperforming in football and to try to fix our basketball problem.

RE: CUSA sucks.... - CrazyCajun - 12-24-2012 07:44 PM

(12-23-2012 03:22 PM)Ragu Wrote:  These posters from Ark St/ULL are delusional if they think they are way better than FAU across all sports. Same with the people thinking their education is better. These are very similar schools and athletic programs. People need to realize that. I have been saying that for quite some time.

(12-23-2012 10:10 AM)Ragu Wrote:  I have said multiple times that FAU isn't a great program. None of the Sun Belt programs are great programs. Some of you guys on here need a reality check. Major college football programs think all of our schools are joke programs. Just stating facts.

I'm sorry, check the record Ra-Fool! When it comes to Football, Basketball, Baseball and Softball, FAU hasn't come close to UL in the number of Regionals, NCAA and NIT appearances as a Sun Belt member. Who has delivered more for the Sun Belt Conference? UL!!!!! It ain't even close knob!