CSNbbs
[split] Official 2012-2013 ECU v Charlotte Smack Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: [split] Official 2012-2013 ECU v Charlotte Smack Thread (/thread-608584.html)

Pages: 1 2

[split] Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - moss2k - 12-18-2012 11:26 PM

Regarding the Gardner Webb game, no they haven't. One thread, topics change yet you are trying to stir things up. Don't complain about something then try instigate a response.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - StillJonesing - 12-18-2012 11:40 PM

You said you didn't care what I thought and wouldn't be responding anymore...

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - moss2k - 12-18-2012 11:43 PM

Yep, figured I would speak out for our fans. If it comes down to discussing games, not going to happen.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - TheEastisPurple - 12-19-2012 12:23 AM

He was making a comical response to a Charlotte fan who said we must be about to lose this game because Lebo said (coach speak) that this is the second best team we have played to this point. Since we have lost 2 games a Charlotte fan figured we were going to lose. He was just poking fun at that logic by saying since we beat them worse (I guess) than Illinois we must be a top 10 team.

The comment was related to this game and both posters were (in my perception) joking. So who is trying to instigate stuff?

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - CharSFNiner - 12-19-2012 09:10 AM

(12-18-2012 09:27 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  I guess since we won by 2 points and top 10 Illinois only beat them by 1 point than by transitive properties of UNCC math that makes us a top 10 team.03-shhhh

Transitive property only works if the other team didn't already curbstomp your ****. :moon:

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - CharSFNiner - 12-19-2012 09:12 AM

(12-19-2012 12:23 AM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  He was making a comical response to a Charlotte fan who said we must be about to lose this game because Lebo said (coach speak) that this is the second best team we have played to this point. Since we have lost 2 games a Charlotte fan figured we were going to lose. He was just poking fun at that logic by saying since we beat them worse (I guess) than Illinois we must be a top 10 team.

The comment was related to this game and both posters were (in my perception) joking. So who is trying to instigate stuff?

Actually, my comment had nothing to do with a transitive property just poking holes in somebody's coach speak, plain and simple. Look, the more you guys win, the better it beefs up our RPI and our win over you, so it doesn't really bother me.

[split] Official 2012-2013 ECU v Charlotte Smack Thread - VA49er - 12-19-2012 10:59 AM

(12-19-2012 10:20 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Guys I have a simple solution to all of this. IGNORE SJ. Rather by using ignore feature or just not responding to him. It would make your life so much easier.

And to that effect ignore Tallgrass, WESTisBEST(or whatever it is), and TOGC

I'm beginning to agree.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - VA49er - 12-19-2012 11:53 AM

(12-19-2012 11:44 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 09:12 AM)CharSFNiner Wrote:  Look, the more you guys win, the better it beefs up our RPI and our win over you, so it doesn't really bother me.

Wait, wait RPI matters now? ...but when we average finishing 65 spots higher than you in Major/Lebo's first 2 years it was meaningless since you upset us. More Charlotte math at work and one game trumps all. St Leo's must be going to crush it this year since they did what you couldn't close to doing and we know every game is played the same in a vacuum and things like RPI are useless and have no bearing until you want them to.

No trolling here but RPI only matters if a team has shot in hell at the NCAA tournament. Don't think that applies to either ECU or Charlotte this year. So, there......

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - StillJonesing - 12-19-2012 12:10 PM

Yet you guys have and 8 page thread now tracking RPI on your board...It tells a far truer picture of a season than game to game performance ever will and you may finish hundred and thrity spots higher than us this year, like we did you a couple years ago even though you beat us, who knows. It's still the best tool there is to measure a season, always has been. I just find it humorous CharSF is the guy talking about RPI now.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - EpicNiner - 12-19-2012 12:21 PM

(12-19-2012 09:12 AM)CharSFNiner Wrote:  Look, the more you guys win, the better it beefs up our RPI and our win over you, so it doesn't really bother me.

Wait, wait RPI matters now? ...but when we average finishing 65 spots higher than you in Major/Lebo's first 2 years it was meaningless since you upset us. More Charlotte math at work and one game trumps all. St Leo's must be going to crush it this year since they did what you couldn't close to doing and we know every game is played the same in a vacuum and things like RPI are useless and have no bearing until you want them to.

RPI only matters if you are on the bubble for a postseason bid. Didn't apply to either of us the past 2 years. This is the first year that either team has a chance of making the NCAA or, more likely, the NIT.

Also, as most Charlotte fans have said, comparing the RPIs of our two teams is like apples and oranges. Our RPI is dragged down by scheduling bad D1 teams whereas your RPI is not dragged down by scheduling awful non-D1 teams.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - VA49er - 12-19-2012 12:55 PM

(12-19-2012 12:10 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Yet you guys have and 8 page thread now tracking RPI on your board...It tells a far truer picture of a season than game to game performance ever will and you may finish hundred and thrity spots higher than us this year, like we did you a couple years ago even though you beat us, who knows. It's still the best tool there is to measure a season, always has been. I just find it humorous CharSF is the guy talking about RPI now.

I still think W-L tells the best story of season. The RPI just judges those with similar WL. Anyway, when we're talking about polishing turds, which make no mistake that is was ECU and Charlotte hoops have been for a while, it really is asinine to compare the two. Now, if we were both Top 30 teams, etc, then yea, I can see getting into the RPI debate.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - StillJonesing - 12-19-2012 01:09 PM

Bububu wait, those are exhibitions that don't count towards anything you say. At least apparently when you don't won't them too.

Either way it was always certainly comparable, especially when one of those years when we played more D1 teams than you did. The only thing apples and oranges was the fact we played a schedule 3 times as hard that year vs more D1's and have played and beat more top 100 teams under Lebo than you guys.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - PGPirate - 12-19-2012 01:10 PM

GD these UNC-Charlotte fans are Fing annoying.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - VA49er - 12-19-2012 01:17 PM

(12-19-2012 01:10 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  GD these UNC-Charlotte fans are Fing annoying.

04-cheers

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - cdsniner - 12-19-2012 01:23 PM

Charlotte fans for the love of God and the sake of your sanity stay out of all threads relating to ECU basketball. Nothing good will come from posting in these threads.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - CharSFNiner - 12-20-2012 11:22 AM

RPI only matters when you have a shot at making the tourney, not when one is RPI 130 and the other is RPI 185. Please stop with the spin. You know exactly what I meant. Continue to troll and then cry fowl when someone does the same to you.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - CharSFNiner - 12-20-2012 11:23 AM

(12-19-2012 12:10 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Yet you guys have and 8 page thread now tracking RPI on your board...It tells a far truer picture of a season than game to game performance ever will and you may finish hundred and thrity spots higher than us this year, like we did you a couple years ago even though you beat us, who knows. It's still the best tool there is to measure a season, always has been. I just find it humorous CharSF is the guy talking about RPI now.

I mentioned it as a tug at you, but if you'd like to discuss it that's fine. It is one of the best tools, but it's an unnecessary tool when you use it to prop one turd up against another, something you love to do constantly.

And I attack you more for your PER bull****. How's Greg Stiessma doing?

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - CharSFNiner - 12-20-2012 11:25 AM

(12-19-2012 01:09 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Bububu wait, those are exhibitions that don't count towards anything you say. At least apparently when you don't won't them too.

Either way it was always certainly comparable, especially when one of those years when we played more D1 teams than you did. The only thing apples and oranges was the fact we played a schedule 3 times as hard that year vs more D1's and have played and beat more top 100 teams under Lebo than you guys.

We're saying Miami's Exhibition didn't count vs. St. Leo's because it was scheduled as an EXHIBITION. Just like we played teams in the Bahamas this year. We didn't start the year with 2 wins, we played 2 exhibitions. ECU schedules them as actual games that show on your record. Really, this isn't that hard to understand.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - StillJonesing - 12-20-2012 11:52 AM

(12-20-2012 11:23 AM)CharSFNiner Wrote:  And I attack you more for your PER bull****. How's Greg Stiessma doing?

The better question is how am I doing thanks to my knowledge of players like him.

Total winnings on the NBA this season: $5,253.78 and have been ranked in the top 100 players in the world in the NBA daily fantasy.

Greg's never had a solid PER, nor did I say he had or that he would even be a starter. He was always a great shot blocker though and solid betting value for his production per minute off the bench which is why I knew a lot about him.

RE: Official 2012-2013 ECU Basketball Discussion Thread (Dedicated to Den Dickerson) - PurpleReigns - 12-20-2012 12:35 PM

So we had gotten the thread somewhat back to normal and CharSFNiner comes right back in to troll -_-