CSNbbs
Ohio radio announcers said... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Ohio radio announcers said... (/thread-605367.html)

Ohio radio announcers said... - SmokyTiger - 12-05-2012 10:58 PM

We looked like NBA players and that we were better than the Louisville team they played last year.
Wow!
Only radio I could get on my phone and there play by play guy was much better than....you know......what's his name.

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - SmokyTiger - 12-05-2012 11:15 PM

I would just blow it off but they had just seen the Grizz play the night before.

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - BinghamptonNed - 12-06-2012 09:49 AM

(12-05-2012 10:58 PM)SmokyTiger Wrote:  We looked like NBA players and that we were better than the Louisville team they played last year.
Wow!
Only radio I could get on my phone and there play by play guy was much better than....you know......what's his name.

Our guys were taller and wider than their guys...our subs were wider and taller than their starters also. They just don't see that kind of size on their schedule. that is probably why they compared us go an NBA team.

As far as better than Louisville. ...I hope so. ..

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - Mimi - 12-06-2012 09:57 AM

While our kids had played VCU, Minnesota and Northern Iowa, Ohio had not played any team remotely close in level to Memphis.

After the early shooting woes, they were outgunned for 30 minutes.

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - Willie Becton - 12-06-2012 11:49 AM

(12-06-2012 09:49 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 10:58 PM)SmokyTiger Wrote:  We looked like NBA players and that we were better than the Louisville team they played last year.
Wow!

Our guys were taller and wider than their guys...our subs were wider and taller than their starters also. They just don't see that kind of size on their schedule. that is probably why they compared us go an NBA team.

As far as better than Louisville. ...I hope so. ..

we only need to be one point better than them

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - memphis88 - 12-06-2012 11:55 AM

We played that same lousiville team and lost. I think we are better this year by far though and the Louisville game is going to be insane!

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - Reekinhavoc - 12-06-2012 11:59 AM

At one point during the second half, Ohio got so confused and out of pattern that I was even calling for their coach to call a time out. We were about to score a 100 on them in 2 minutes. I think at one point they threw the ball in and then passed it to Joe. I mean they were going Bat **** crazy!

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - JTS - 12-06-2012 12:20 PM

(12-06-2012 11:59 AM)Reekinhavoc Wrote:  At one point during the second half, Ohio got so confused and out of pattern that I was even calling for their coach to call a time out. We were about to score a 100 on them in 2 minutes. I think at one point they threw the ball in and then passed it to Joe. I mean they were going Bat **** crazy!

^This is funny!

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - mairving - 12-06-2012 12:44 PM

(12-06-2012 11:59 AM)Reekinhavoc Wrote:  At one point during the second half, Ohio got so confused and out of pattern that I was even calling for their coach to call a time out. We were about to score a 100 on them in 2 minutes. I think at one point they threw the ball in and then passed it to Joe. I mean they were going Bat **** crazy!

Shaq would have had 98 of those points. The dude was dunking, getting an absurd T and making shots.

RE: Ohio radio announcers said... - Mimi - 12-06-2012 02:10 PM

They went back to Ohio.

Someone had to post it.