CSNbbs
Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away (/thread-604629.html)

Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - BlazerFan11 - 12-03-2012 12:12 PM

Just heard that Ollie Powers passed away. He taught accounting at UAB for 36 years before retiring last year. He was recently honored with a lifetime achievement award by the Alabama Society of CPAs, and an endowed faculty position was set up in his name earlier this year. Sad day for UAB. He was one of the most well-liked professors in the School of Business.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - BlazerCPA1 - 12-03-2012 12:43 PM

One of my favorites in and out of the classroom. Great professor, great guy and he will be missed. Prayers for his family and his UAB family.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - mobileblazer - 12-03-2012 01:28 PM

Great guy. RIP Ollie.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - BTR - 12-03-2012 05:07 PM

Ollie was my favorite professor. I had him for several classes.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - Jball - 12-03-2012 05:18 PM

Excellent professor and a fine person.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - UABGrad - 12-04-2012 07:39 PM

Met Ollie at a party in the 80s. Really nice guy. Prayers for his family.

RE: Long-time UAB Accounting Prof Ollie Powers passes away - uabbean - 12-04-2012 07:44 PM

After twenty years he was one of the few teachers that I remember by name - good guy - great teacher