CSNbbs
Well. That was horribly disappointing. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Marshall (/forum-434.html)
+----- Thread: Well. That was horribly disappointing. (/thread-601822.html)

Well. That was horribly disappointing. - lmckay92 - 11-24-2012 04:40 PM

Glad to see that Rip is gone. I hope we bring in someone good for next year though and spend the money if we have to. We had a top offense with a bottom defense last year. All we need is a serviceable defense and we're BCS busters next season.

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - 77Herd11 - 11-24-2012 07:51 PM

I agree. Any improvement on defense would likely be reflected in the win column. Also would like to see all the guys more "into" the game. Seems like there were a lot off untimely penalties, dropped balls and special teams breakdowns. This is a start.

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - Matrix - 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

I'm very sorry MU came up short in its' postseason endeavors this year. Really thought they'd contend and at least wind up bowl eligible. Is there one game or number of games that any of you can point to as a fan and say, "damn it, had we won this one (or these), we'd at least be in the hunt for a bowl bid"...??? Games that you know in your heart of hearts Marshall could and should have won?

For me as a Blazers fan, the losses to Troy, Tulane and Memphis were among the most devastating. Of course, we had Tulsa reeling when we played them, but let them off the hook. Hope everyone had a memorable Thanksgiving. Please keep a good thought for the family of Hector "Macho" Camacho (murdered-shot in his car) and former NBA great Kevin McHale (lost his daughter over the weekend)...

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - lmckay92 - 11-26-2012 08:24 PM

It's hard to say what we should have won. Our offense was good enough to beat anyone but having the worst defense in the nation kind of neutralizes that.

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - 77Herd11 - 11-27-2012 10:05 PM

It will be really important for The Herd to step- up in the future. CUSA will need us

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - ODU AGGIE - 11-29-2012 08:19 AM

I have to laugh and certainly can empathise with you. ODU had to score 64 and throw for 730 yards just to beat New Hampshire 64-61 this year. Offensively, I feel confident that we can compete in C-USA, but defensively, it is going to be a real challenge. We are sorry to see ECU go, but look forward to competing with the Herd.

Cheers!

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - Herdthedrums1 - 11-29-2012 05:30 PM

(11-29-2012 08:19 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I have to laugh and certainly can empathise with you. ODU had to score 64 and throw for 730 yards just to beat New Hampshire 64-61 this year. Offensively, I feel confident that we can compete in C-USA, but defensively, it is going to be a real challenge. We are sorry to see ECU go, but look forward to competing with the Herd.

Cheers!

Looking forward to a trip to ODU to see the Herd play. I lived most of my life in the WV counties bordering the Western tip of Virginia but never had the chance or the excuse to visit the Hampton Roads Tidewater area.

RE: Well. That was horribly disappointing. - lmckay92 - 11-30-2012 02:07 PM

(11-29-2012 08:19 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I have to laugh and certainly can empathise with you. ODU had to score 64 and throw for 730 yards just to beat New Hampshire 64-61 this year. Offensively, I feel confident that we can compete in C-USA, but defensively, it is going to be a real challenge. We are sorry to see ECU go, but look forward to competing with the Herd.

Cheers!

Last time we played UNH, we jumped the shark.