CSNbbs
How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Board Tech Support (/forum-545.html)
+---- Thread: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus (/thread-594754.html)

How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-23-2012 08:24 AM

In Chrome or Chromium
There will be a stop sign with a hand in it on the top right of the browser. Click on it and select "Don't run on pages on this domain".

In Firefox
There will be a stop sign in the bottom left of your browser. Click on it and select "Disable on csnbbs.com".

In Internet Explorer
There will be a blue circle in the bottom right to middle of your browser. Click on it and select "Disable Simple Adblock"

In Opera
Right click on the Ad Block Plus stop sign, in the top right next to the search bar, and go to Preferences. Select the Whitelist Domains tab. Add http://www.csnbbs.com

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - mixduptransistor - 10-23-2012 09:32 AM

So I take it this means the ads in the middle of threads aren't a bug

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - VelmaTiger - 02-02-2013 12:07 AM

I'm sorry about blocking ads.I read your instructions as to unblock the ads,but I don't think I know how to get to my browser

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 02-02-2013 03:00 AM

(02-02-2013 12:07 AM)VelmaTiger Wrote:  I'm sorry about blocking ads.I read your instructions as to unblock the ads,but I don't think I know how to get to my browser

Your browser is what you use to view this site. The icon you click ... is it a big blue "e" or a multicolored sphere or a fox around a globe?

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - RockyMTNTiger - 04-06-2013 10:01 AM

Which fix does it for Safari?

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 04-06-2013 09:11 PM

(04-06-2013 10:01 AM)RockyMTNTiger Wrote:  Which fix does it for Safari?

Preferences --> Extensions --> Adblock options

I think it gives you the ability there to disable for a particular domain.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - Boca Rocket - 09-17-2013 06:36 AM

aol browser?

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-30-2013 12:37 AM

(09-17-2013 06:36 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  aol browser?

AOL still has a browser??

Wow.

Uhhhhh ... no idea. But you should really use a better browser like Chrome or Firefox or Opera.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - MechaKnight - 11-23-2013 12:12 PM

(09-17-2013 06:36 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  aol browser?

or how about CompuServe?

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - Pastnerized - 12-26-2014 01:19 PM

Sorry, Swagg. Just installed ad blocker and I don't see of what u speak for IE 11.
There IS ablue triangle at bottom in middle of thread info between Board tech support and the forward slash.
When I click on it-nothing happens. No other blue anywhere else.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - thagr82008 - 01-13-2015 06:20 PM

(12-26-2014 01:19 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  Sorry, Swagg. Just installed ad blocker and I don't see of what u speak for IE 11.
There IS ablue triangle at bottom in middle of thread info between Board tech support and the forward slash.

How did I get here!!! 03-hissyfit

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-14-2015 08:00 PM

(12-26-2014 01:19 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  Sorry, Swagg. Just installed ad blocker and I don't see of what u speak for IE 11.

I don't have access to a Windows 8.1 box to take a look and figure it out in IE11.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - MUther - 03-21-2015 01:42 PM

So I went and downloaded my Rosetta Stone language pack on a new computer that doesn't have a ROM drive. Every ad on this site was then filled with Rosetta Stone ads. Ads that when moused over play the sound of someone speaking a foreign language quite loudly. I already own Rosetta Stone. I find invading my headset with ads a major breach of privacy. I re-activated adblock.

Perhaps you might let them know to cut out that crap.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - UCBEast - 08-23-2015 03:02 PM

Having no ability to give reputation points. Did disable the adblock, thinking that was the problem. But when logged in and either click or look for the tab at the bottom/top there are no tabs, myto click on for the user or when clicking on their rep#. What's a mattah, my system?

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-23-2015 04:37 PM

(08-23-2015 03:02 PM)UCBEast Wrote:  Having no ability to give reputation points. Did disable the adblock, thinking that was the problem. But when logged in and either click or look for the tab at the bottom/top there are no tabs, myto click on for the user or when clicking on their rep#. What's a mattah, my system?

You may not award rep until you reach a certain post count. I think it is 500, but it may be 1,000.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - LongtimeFan - 07-03-2016 07:08 PM

Sorry, Swag. But my computer froze up constantly regardless of the browser I was using. Since I added an ad blocker, I have never had a problem and the speed has improved dramatically.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - devyanks90 - 10-27-2016 08:12 PM

Running AdBlock plus on chrome and have had the site whitelisted for a while.

This week I've been seeing the "please whitelist" banner and then today had a banner ad and the "please whitelist" banner both appear.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - aardWolf - 11-08-2016 02:09 PM

(10-27-2016 08:12 PM)devyanks90 Wrote:  Running AdBlock plus on chrome and have had the site whitelisted for a while.

This week I've been seeing the "please whitelist" banner and then today had a banner ad and the "please whitelist" banner both appear.

Exactly the same here... on multiple computers using Chrome.

[Image: 5CBfIt2.png]

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - LRTrojan - 02-10-2018 09:27 PM

I am computer dumb and use Internet Explorer. I see no big blue circle anywhere on the bottom I don't know how it got blocked. I'm not smart enough to know how if I wanted to block it Must have been done by mistake.

RE: How to unblock our domain in Adblock Plus - asuato - 10-20-2018 09:05 PM

I have zero ad blockers on chrome and I still get the message. Blah.