CSNbbs
Silent Knight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: Silent Knight (/thread-590853.html)

Silent Knight - Chevelle - 10-01-2012 09:51 AM

Knight fans, join this event page to partake in a new phenomena at the beginning of UCF games, brought to you by the makers of the Black and Gold game against Missouri! Read the synopsis on the page for details.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/events/477094152310999/

Feel free to share your opinion or ideas on this thread or on the page itself. Thanks and GO KNIGHTS!

RE: Silent Knight - CommuterBob - 10-01-2012 09:55 AM

I don't think the black and gold thing went very well.

Also, this requires some coordination with the venue staff. Mizzou took the field not too long after UCF did. So you would have UCF fans stop cheering for UCF? If the visitors enter first, then yes. But the stadium music and band all need to be in on this deal, not just the fans in the stands.

RE: Silent Knight - Chevelle - 10-01-2012 10:10 AM

(10-01-2012 09:55 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I don't think the black and gold thing went very well.

Also, this requires some coordination with the venue staff. Mizzou took the field not too long after UCF did. So you would have UCF fans stop cheering for UCF? If the visitors enter first, then yes. But the stadium music and band all need to be in on this deal, not just the fans in the stands.

Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known. It was more about doing a dry test run to see if it was possible. There are number of reasons it didn't work well that I won't go into detail about, but we may start the idea up again in the offseason while working with UCF (hopefully).

Normally the visitors enter first. I'm not sure why Mizzou entered after UCF did. We will be contacting a member of UCF Athletics this week to ensure that does not happen and allows this to work. This will be an every week occurance, so this first week doesn't have to be perfect. It's more about getting the word out first, and then perfecting as time passes.

RE: Silent Knight - Inigo - 10-02-2012 10:38 AM

(10-01-2012 10:10 AM)Chevelle Wrote:  Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known.

Actually, running it for a noon game in September is not very effective. I knew about the "Black & Gold" effort, but there was no way I was going to be wearing black to an early game on a hot, sunny day.

RE: Silent Knight - Chevelle - 10-02-2012 11:20 AM

(10-02-2012 10:38 AM)Inigo Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 10:10 AM)Chevelle Wrote:  Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known.

Actually, running it for a noon game in September is not very effective. I knew about the "Black & Gold" effort, but there was no way I was going to be wearing black to an early game on a hot, sunny day.

We didn't know it would be a noon game until about a week and half before. We had been planning to do it at least two weeks before the Mizzou game to do it, and had already started spreading the word. We get the whole reason of not wearing black at a noon game, and it was unfortunate timing for TV to give us the one noon game we were trying to coordinate coloring, but we the students are trying to transform the status quo of the UCF fan experience. Alumni always complain about not having tradition and rag on the students for not creating it, and then when people take the initiative, they then complain about it.

I hope you checked out the Silent Knight page to get a feel of what we are trying to accomplish.