CSNbbs
The Right way at The Right time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Charlotte (/forum-630.html)
+----- Thread: The Right way at The Right time (/thread-589047.html)

The Right way at The Right time - Rabonchild - 09-21-2012 11:37 PM

Favor ain't fair! Charlotte has built the first phase of a cutting edge stadium (They are doing it the right way). They are 15 years late starting their football team and just in time (at the right time) to enter a FBS conference. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Favor ain't fair it's just favor. Don't hate us.

RE: The Right way at The Right time - servin - 09-25-2012 01:39 PM

(09-21-2012 11:37 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  Favor ain't fair! Charlotte has built the first phase of a cutting edge stadium (They are doing it the right way). They are 15 years late starting their football team and just in time (at the right time) to enter a FBS conference. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Favor ain't fair it's just favor. Don't hate us.

How many seats are going to be in this stadium? ODU needs to expand ASAP.

RE: The Right way at The Right time - 919R - 09-25-2012 02:24 PM

(09-25-2012 01:39 PM)servin Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 11:37 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  Favor ain't fair! Charlotte has built the first phase of a cutting edge stadium (They are doing it the right way). They are 15 years late starting their football team and just in time (at the right time) to enter a FBS conference. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Favor ain't fair it's just favor. Don't hate us.

15,300 permanent to start-------with temp. seating to ~25,000 as needed-------- but also built to expand to 40,000+ with nothing being torn down.

RE: The Right way at The Right time - Niner National - 09-25-2012 02:43 PM

Like 919r said, up to 25,000 with temporary seating, but stadium is built to be expandable to 40,000 permanent seats pretty easily.

At a minimum, we will have 18-20,000 at the start of our CUSA tenure. This was confirmed at the CUSA press conference announcement.

RE: The Right way at The Right time - servin - 09-25-2012 03:08 PM

(09-25-2012 02:43 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

Like 919r said, up to 25,000 with temporary seating, but stadium is built to be expandable to 40,000 permanent seats pretty easily.

At a minimum, we will have 18-20,000 at the start of our CUSA tenure. This was confirmed at the CUSA press conference announcement.

Thanks to all, talk later

RE: The Right way at The Right time - Matrix - 10-04-2012 01:02 PM

Hate you? I'm elated for you! Congratulations. I wish we (UAB) had the same kind of cooperation and support from our board of trustees, they are the epitome of evil & have gone the extra mile to keep our athletic program hamstrung and in constant need of resources and facilities, all the while spending revenue that our institution makes for the UA system to further their own agendas as long as they're tied to the crimson tide campus.

I love your new stadium and I look forward to UAB's first visit there. Again, congratulations, and one question before I move on, how much did the stadium cost to build, please?

RE: The Right way at The Right time - moss2k - 10-04-2012 11:42 PM

(10-04-2012 01:02 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

Hate you? I'm elated for you! Congratulations. I wish we (UAB) had the same kind of cooperation and support from our board of trustees, they are the epitome of evil & have gone the extra mile to keep our athletic program hamstrung and in constant need of resources and facilities, all the while spending revenue that our institution makes for the UA system to further their own agendas as long as they're tied to the crimson tide campus.

I love your new stadium and I look forward to UAB's first visit there. Again, congratulations, and one question before I move on, how much did the stadium cost to build, please?

I believe it was budgeted for $40 million, however I know we were a few million over at one point in time.

RE: The Right way at The Right time - 919R - 10-05-2012 09:21 AM

(10-04-2012 11:42 PM)moss2k Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 01:02 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

I believe it was budgeted for $40 million, however I know we were a few million over at one point in time.

~$46 million