CSNbbs
Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA (/thread-588396.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - MG61 - 09-18-2012 01:30 PM

Hey Burn The Horse. Seems that all at Troy do not agree with you. I keep telling you that folks would jump if invited05-stirthepot

It could be the last meeting between the schools. North Texas is moving to Conference USA next season. Troy leads the series 7-2, but North Texas took a 38-33 win over the Trojans last season.

“I wish it was us going to that conference,” Robinson said. “Whatever happens, happens, I guess. We’re just going to go out there and try to get a win.”

Scroll down to bottom of article
http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2012/sep/17/trojans-hoping-turn-yards-points-ar-4567338/

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Fanof49ASU - 09-18-2012 01:39 PM

Quality football will win out over a conference of large metro areas.......eventually.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - BMcKitchup - 09-18-2012 01:47 PM

(09-18-2012 01:39 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quality football will win out over a conference of large metro areas.......eventually.

This conference has still never had a ranked team and the Sunbelt may be better this year but the season is only 1/4 completed. I think the Sunbelt is better this year than it has ever been, but next year it will be adding SWTSU@SM and what appears to be a horrible team with no support in Georgia State. CUSA is losing teams that are a combined 3-9 right now and adding teams that are a combined 10-4. Players want to be on TV and play in bowls and schools want to make money from that. As long as CUSA has a much better contract and bowls there really is no comparison.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Vobserver - 09-18-2012 01:50 PM

A combined 10-4 with the BEST win being over Akron.. yeah, that's a step up..

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - troy4ever21 - 09-18-2012 01:51 PM

07-coffee3

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - tw_fatcat - 09-18-2012 01:53 PM

(09-18-2012 01:47 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 01:39 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quality football will win out over a conference of large metro areas.......eventually.

This conference has still never had a ranked team and the Sunbelt may be better this year but the season is only 1/4 completed. I think the Sunbelt is better this year than it has ever been, but next year it will be adding SWTSU@SM and what appears to be a horrible team with no support in Georgia State. CUSA is losing teams that are a combined 3-9 right now and adding teams that are a combined 10-4. Players want to be on TV and play in bowls and schools want to make money from that. As long as CUSA has a much better contract and bowls there really is no comparison.
That record does not say it all. If you believe the teams that are moving into CUSA (minus LATech) are better than what are leaving you are crazy . UTSA is 3-0 and have played absolutely nobody. North Texas, can be argued to be on the rise though. Hard to say after just a few games where they have played well. Either way, Conference USA is falling apart in terms of quality and if you believe otherwise you will be a very small minority.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Usajags - 09-18-2012 01:54 PM

The only thing CUSA has over the current SBC is Tulsa, ECU and USM. I will tell you, for me, the add of Ga St was a horrible add. There are so many other schools I would have rather seen added.

Your comment about being on TV, this past weekend I saw 4 games on TV that involved SBC teams, I only saw one that included CUSA teams, and that was the ECU-USM game.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Fanof49ASU - 09-18-2012 01:55 PM

(09-18-2012 01:47 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  This conference has still never had a ranked team and the Sunbelt may be better this year but the season is only 1/4 completed.

We're only 10 years old.
It will happen sooner rather than later.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - CrazyCajun - 09-18-2012 01:59 PM

(09-18-2012 01:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  The only thing CUSA has over the current SBC is Tulsa, ECU and USM. I will tell you, for me, the add of Ga St was a horrible add. There are so many other schools I would have rather seen added.

Your comment about being on TV, this past weekend I saw 4 games on TV that involved SBC teams, I only saw one that included CUSA teams, and that was the ECU-USM game.

Benson jumped the gun because he was being pushed by eastern members of the SBC.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - BMcKitchup - 09-18-2012 02:05 PM

(09-18-2012 01:50 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  A combined 10-4 with the BEST win being over Akron.. yeah, that's a step up..

I think LaTech's win over Rice has been most impressive.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Usajags - 09-18-2012 02:08 PM

(09-18-2012 01:59 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 01:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  The only thing CUSA has over the current SBC is Tulsa, ECU and USM. I will tell you, for me, the add of Ga St was a horrible add. There are so many other schools I would have rather seen added.

Benson jumped the gun because he was being pushed by eastern members of the SBC.

Since he is gone, can we withdraw our invitation???

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - BMcKitchup - 09-18-2012 02:09 PM

(09-18-2012 01:53 PM)tw_fatcat Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 01:47 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  

That record does not say it all. If you believe the teams that are moving into CUSA (minus LATech) are better than what are leaving you are crazy . UTSA is 3-0 and have played absolutely nobody. North Texas, can be argued to be on the rise though. Hard to say after just a few games where they have played well. Either way, Conference USA is falling apart in terms of quality and if you believe otherwise you will be a very small minority.

I agree that UTSA has not played anyone. ODU has been a very good FCS team and has great fan support and excellent BB. If you have been paying attention to the dumpster fires at Houston, SMU and Memphis, then it is hard to argue that CUSA is losing much besides Memphis basketball. Everyone thinks Houston is some great program, but just a few years ago they were not good and drew flies to their games. SMU has a history of stink and bad support. UCF looks pretty strong in both football quality and fan support. Memphis' attendance has not been horrible, but the football team is the worst in FBS.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - zeebart21 - 09-18-2012 02:19 PM

(09-18-2012 02:05 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 01:50 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  A combined 10-4 with the BEST win being over Akron.. yeah, that's a step up..

Rice is what?? Number 120? Very impressive.

Z

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - MG61 - 09-18-2012 02:20 PM

Conference USA Broadcast Schedule
http://mattsarzsports.com/Football2012/CUSA

Conference USA has three rights holders: ESPN, FOX Sports Media Group and CBS Sports Network.

FOX Sports Media Group will air at least 20 football games per season. Games can air on FOX Broadcasting, FSN or F/X with most games expected to air on FSN. It is unknown how many games CBS Sports Network will air, but their previous contract was for 24 games per season and allowed for games to be sublicensed to Comcast/Charter Sports South (CSS).

What is known is that FOX will be able to select the top ten games from the conference. CBS Sports Network will then select the next ten, and FOX will then come back and select another ten games.

ESPN, to settle a lawsuit between the conference and the network, has the rights to the conference championship game.

All of C-USA's contracts expire after the 2015-16 athletic year.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - CrazyCajun - 09-18-2012 02:22 PM

(09-18-2012 02:08 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 01:59 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Since he is gone, can we withdraw our invitation???

Commissioner Karl Benson hasn't gone anywhere.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - BMcKitchup - 09-18-2012 02:25 PM

(09-18-2012 02:19 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Z

Of the teams leaving CUSA what is the most impressive win? FIU, Akron or Stephen F Austin?

PS Oklahoma State just scored agin.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - Usajags - 09-18-2012 02:27 PM

Oops, I was thinking Waters.... 01-wingedeagle

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - BLEEDITRED - 09-18-2012 02:27 PM

(09-18-2012 02:25 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  

Z

Of the teams leaving CUSA what is the most impressive win? FIU, Akron or Stephen F Austin?

Your fail is pretty fun to watch.

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - johndavidblue - 09-18-2012 02:32 PM

I can't argue with your complaint of the Belt's recent addition. Benson jumped the gun waaaay to soon. It is what it is.

At the end of the day, I still want MT in CUSA as it stands. May be different in a couple of years...

RE: Trojan Player Sez He'd Like Move To CUSA - CrazyCajun - 09-18-2012 02:40 PM

(09-18-2012 02:25 PM)BMcKitchup Wrote:  

Z

PS Shouldn't it be Oklahoma State just scored again?

My answer, Texas Southern because they have a kick azz band!03-shhhh