CSNbbs
Hey USMC--? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Ole Miss (/forum-252.html)
+----- Thread: Hey USMC--? (/thread-5874.html)

Pages: 1 2

- egrizzard - 04-06-2005 11:02 PM

There is a lot of talk around the Tigers that the Ole miss-Memphis series may be coming to an end in Football/Basketball--what are you hearing? What do you think about this all?
I hope it is not true, but I have this sinking feeling that it is--

- USMFAN#1 - 04-07-2005 08:47 AM

This surprises you?

- USMC - 04-07-2005 10:39 AM

It appears to be true. There is two more years on the current contract. Ole Miss fans and administration are not happy about the gouging of tickets this year. 45.00 to see the game in memphis does not seem a fair price. Also, we are looking to do a home and home with a team where we can expand our recruiting base. Our new coach is really big on that.

I think that it looks a little fishy considering your recent success against us. I can see both sides to the argument, but am honestly glad this series is coming to an end. For some reason the rebs don't view the game with the same desire as memphis....which has spelled diasaster for us the past two years. I guess the best remedy for that argument is to take care of business the next two years eh?

- USMC - 04-07-2005 10:39 AM

USMFAN#1 Wrote:This surprises you?
and who tooted your horn buzzard?

- USMFAN#1 - 04-07-2005 11:48 AM

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

- USMC - 04-07-2005 01:05 PM

USMFAN#1 Wrote::funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
tool

- egrizzard - 04-07-2005 04:13 PM

I don't really get the "gouging thing" everyone is saying. It is a buisness, and they are trying to make money. I spent good money at Oxford last year, and felt that the way they treated us was poor. ( I took the bus with the Highland Hundred--and they would not allow us to park very close. Then, after the game, we waited FOREVER in enemy territory for our bus to be able to pick us up. I said right then it was my last trip to Oxford.) I do understand the feeling that we are taking advantage of the fact Ole Miss has a large fan base in Memphis.

I am not silly enough to think because we beat you a couple of times that it is why ya'll want out. It doesn't make a dent in the overall series record--you have to understand their is a lot of bad feelings among Tiger fans against SEC schools--Vandy dropped us after we beat them on a fairly regular basis. Arkansas dropped 3 of 4 to us and then BROKE THE STINKING CONTRACT.

We catch a lot of grief about how we are not as "good as BCS schools" but then they don't wanna play us. I said as soon as Memphis got some recruits Ole Miss wanted, they would drop us. I do not buy the "home and home" thing though, cause I am hearing ya'll wanna schedule Tulane? Ya'll are gonna go to NO every other year to play in front of what, 5,000 people?
If anythi8ng, I could understand Ole Miss wanting to take advantage of a lower rung team willing to travel to Oxford for a payday every year, say a Louisiana directional school? Time well tell, but I think the bad feelings between some of both schools not so cooth fans will go from simmer to boil now.

- 10MAN - 04-07-2005 04:35 PM

To quote another poster on another board.........

Quote:our program has hit an alltime low... arguing with CUSA rejects

My God, we suck.

- USMC - 04-07-2005 04:43 PM

the tulane thing makes sense. We signed 8 young men out of LA last year, and are in on a ton this year. it makes sense to want to play there and increase presence. I have to say I agree with 10man though. Until we win...there will be debate, and that sucks.

- GoTigersGo10 - 04-07-2005 05:59 PM

USMC Wrote:45.00 to see the game in memphis does not seem a fair price.
45.00 to see a game in Oxford doesn't seem fair either does it? You screw us we screw you back. Think about it the other way around ya'll would be saying the same thing to us. This argument of a 5.00 increase since the last game here is insane.
Go Tigers,
Wes

- egrizzard - 04-07-2005 08:02 PM

I do not want this thread to deteriorate into nonsense--for those reading I have a tremendous amount of respect for USMC and will not be a part of smack talk here. I came to their board just to ask a question because I know USMC as an intelligent person who can carry on a decent conversation that has good info about the program. Please everyone show respect--

I guess the La thing makes sense--especially sense Orgeron is from there, is he not? I do not like the whole deal with "because of ticket gouging" though--

I do not see ya'll as arguing with CUSA rejects however. I respectfully asked an opinion of someone I have had decent conversations with in the past. If you can not refrain from insults, maybe you should mind your own buisness.

- 10MAN - 04-07-2005 11:49 PM

egrizzard Wrote:I do not see ya'll as arguing with CUSA rejects however. I respectfully asked an opinion of someone I have had decent conversations with in the past. If you can not refrain from insults, maybe you should mind your own buisness.
Mind my own business? You're telling me that on the OM board? No. Yes, you personalized this thread by asking USMC, but this thread is on a public forum, thus I gave my response.
If you cannot handle insults, maybe you should mind YOUR own business, pal. Or, I have a better idea, get the f*ck off message boards altogether, if you have skin that thin.

And yes, you're Memphis f**kin' State, you're a reject. Sorry.

- hbengal - 04-08-2005 06:45 AM

If $45.00 is a problem get out on Hwy 6 and start picking up cans like a good runt fan.I realize most mississippians come to Memphis on a regular basis to clean our homes and mow our lawns
but make a long weekend with the family(you can show your children the "houses without wheels"and your wife will enjoy going out to eat without a tray hanging from the car window)

- egrizzard - 04-08-2005 08:03 AM

Okay---this is getting silly. I probaly should have just pm'd USMC. : I know that tensions run high over here between Tigers and Rebels. I was not trying to slam Ole Miss--I just asked an opinion about the cancellation of the series. Obviously, 10man, you feel that this conversation is beneath you because you are the mighty Rebels. Whatever--I just wondered how some true blue Reb fans felt about the series ending and what you would like to see. I was not only adressing you when I said mind your own business-- I was adressing any fan of either school that could not refrain from turning this thread into an I hate you fest. You see the type of response you are getting from other Tiger fans, and I was trying to show respect for USMC.

Your response, as always 10man, was eloquent and classy. My main problem with message boards is I try to speak to people in here the same way I would speak to them in person--obviously you do not--

AS far as the your Memphis State insult, is that really the best you got? Why would you even feel the need to be insulting, other than the fact you are an !@#, in response to a simple question?

- USMC - 04-08-2005 08:20 AM

hbengal Wrote:If $45.00 is a problem get out on Hwy 6 and start picking up cans like a good runt fan.I realize most mississippians come to Memphis on a regular basis to clean our homes and mow our lawns
but make a long weekend with the family(you can show your children the "houses without wheels"and your wife will enjoy going out to eat without a tray hanging from the car window)
You have obviously never been to Oxford you damned fool. You call Ole Miss runts? LOL. I've heard it all now. You can some of that trash you pickup everyday on your route and cram it up your stupid ****** moron.

Thanks Egrizz. Show me respect and you will get respect. You know that.

- egrizzard - 04-08-2005 08:28 AM

The more I think about it, 10 man, I get angrier and angrier--

There was the whole "johnny Cash" incident--that I thought was pretty funny BTW--and you just seem to continue to show your true colors. You are the type of fan most memphis people talk about when they say they hate Ole Miss--arrogant and misinformed. Stuck in some sort of time nexum where you are unable to realize what the state of your program really is. I am not saying your program is all bad, heck, I would jump at the chance for the Tigers to be in the SEC. You have a lot more wins in the series than we do, and I know 2 in a row doesn't make a dent in the lead. But beneath you to even talk to--who do you think you are? You honestly think you are too good to even have a simple conversation with some fan from Memphis? Maybe I am reading too much into this--maybe you are just an !@@ like I said earlier.

- 10MAN - 04-08-2005 09:23 AM

egrizzard Wrote:The more I think about it, 10 man, I get angrier and angrier--

Stuck in some sort of time nexum where you are unable to realize what the state of your program really is.
Don't fool yourself, I may be an azz(I'll give you that), heck, maybe even arrogant too, depending on who you ask. Who cares? But I am NOT some delusional Ole Miss fan living in the past. I am totally aware of the state our program is currently in. We're arguing with Memphis State fans, Ole Miss must be in the shitter.

And if you get too angry, to where you can't handle my posts, there is always that little "ignore" button in the upper right hand of each post. Feel free to ignore the truth.

- egrizzard - 04-08-2005 09:42 AM

Ignore--because you are too stupid to carry on a decent conversation? maybe you have a point. I did not come with insults, just questions--and the thought that we are so beneath you to even talk to, well--there you go. I can handle your post, I just keep holding some dim hope you may make an intelligent point, other than an insult about how much we suck.

You give Memphis the BCS money you get every year, and see how fast our programs are comparable. With scholarship limitations , do you really think there is that much difference in most d-1 schools? or are you trying to insinuate that you are an georgia or Oklahoma?

I was not arguing- I just asked what ya'll thought. I did not say you were running scared or anything like that--

Either way, you are right about one thing--you are an !@#. Ignore that--

- OLEGRAD - 04-09-2005 02:28 PM

See why some of us left this board. Constant sh@t.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

- NewspaperRebel - 04-09-2005 10:50 PM

OLEGRAD Wrote:See why some of us left this board. Constant sh@t.
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Ain't that the dayum truth! :wave: :wave: :wave: