CSNbbs
New Commit - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: PITTbbs: Forbes Ave. (/forum-406.html)
+----- Thread: New Commit (/thread-581985.html)

New Commit - ClairtonPanther - 08-13-2012 06:47 PM

http://www.goerieblogs.com/sports/varsity/2012/08/13/conner-commits-to-pitt/

RE: New Commit - miko33 - 08-13-2012 06:58 PM

6'2", 220 lbs. Link says RB/DB, but I think this kid will be a linebacker for Pitt.

RE: New Commit - ClairtonPanther - 08-13-2012 07:01 PM

Per Chris Dokish, there may be some eligibility concerns.

I do agree that he may play LB. Being that he also plays RB I wouldn't be surprised if he plays "MIKE" for Pitt in the future.

RE: New Commit - miko33 - 08-13-2012 07:20 PM

Per our Pitt Scout board, someone was posting that he is already up around 230 lbs. I don't know what type of players Chryst and Huxtable are looking for on D, but my guess is that their attacking 4-3 is going to be a different flavor than DW's 4-3. I think our new coach is going to put a premium on size over speed - the exact opposite of DW putting the premium on speed over size. I'm not saying that this will guarantee that Pitt is going to be slow, but I think in the end Pitt is going to look an awful lot like a B1G football team by the time Chryst is settled in for a few years.

This is one of the reasons why I started the thread on what a typical OL looks like for the ACC schools. I believe "ACC style football" is built more along the lines of a couple styles: 1) the Jimmy Johnson Miami Hurricane teams that focused on speed first and second, 2) the GT and WF option style football and 3) the RichRod/Mazzone style of read option spread attacks. I think BC is the only current ACC school that plays a pro set offense, but man they haven't been doing so hot lately. It will be interesting to see "B1G" football hit the ACC.

RE: New Commit - ndlutz - 08-13-2012 08:49 PM

Miami is almost always a pro style offense and they definitely are under Golden.

RE: New Commit - miko33 - 08-13-2012 09:09 PM

(08-13-2012 08:49 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  Miami is almost always a pro style offense and they definitely are under Golden.

Yes, I forgot about Miami and the pro set. I don't think Miami ever ran a spread offense come to think of it.

RE: New Commit - ndlutz - 08-14-2012 12:44 AM

No I think they always run a pro style. They're probably as noted for that as their speed.

I do think it's going to be interesting to see if Chryst builds thus team like a Big 10 team and if so how that works in the ACC. I think it would have worked quite well in the Big East as Wannstedt did have a good chunk of pro style personnel but unfortunately mishandled his talent quite often. The ACC could be a different story but at the same time we may benefit from being able to push some other teams around.

RE: New Commit - ClairtonPanther - 08-14-2012 11:55 AM

FSU also runs a pro style/spread similar to Miami.

RE: New Commit - 7fielder - 08-14-2012 01:21 PM

Doesn't Maryland run a Pro Syle under Randy Edsell? What does NC state run under Osborn?

RE: New Commit - ndlutz - 08-14-2012 03:37 PM

Maryland ran a spread last year I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure about NC State.